March 28, 2024, 04:06:46 pm

Author Topic: Shaders  (Read 25703 times)

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Shaders
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2014, 09:21:21 pm »
Forge is included with fml (forge mod loader) so it's technically one mod. The rule would be as simple as "No mods besides Forge, Shaders, and Optifine."
If you want to look at it that way, forge is a mod pack with multiple mods in it. If you're actually wanting shaders you need karyonix's shader mod as I said. I'm not against this as I enjoy shaders, but I'm just addressing the confusion some people are having.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 10:50:55 pm »
Forge is included with fml (forge mod loader) so it's technically one mod. The rule would be as simple as "No mods besides Forge, Shaders, and Optifine."

edit:
They are both exclusively texture changes neither make you punch a tree faster or phase through walls because they are visual modifications.
A texture pack can only contain certain things, that's how its set up. A shader mod can contain anything since it is a mod, its not just strictly textures or shaders for that matter. That being said, people should really pay attention to what pew said and also it would help if people had actually read what i posted lol.
Yeah sorry but i'm going to have to shoot up a straight "no" on your explanation. Shaders come in shader packs. The shader mod is a shader pack reader. You would have to edit the code in the reader to allow it to do further than what it can do already. And what it can do as of now, stock, is modify visuals. If you want me to i can give you a rundown explanation in all of the files in a shader pack but i'd much rather not.
Exactly
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2014, 11:36:26 pm »

edit:
They are both exclusively texture changes neither make you punch a tree faster or phase through walls because they are visual modifications.
A texture pack can only contain certain things, that's how its set up. A shader mod can contain anything since it is a mod, its not just strictly textures or shaders for that matter. That being said, people should really pay attention to what pew said and also it would help if people had actually read what i posted lol.
Yeah sorry but i'm going to have to shoot up a straight "no" on your explanation. Shaders come in shader packs. The shader mod is a shader pack reader. You would have to edit the code in the reader to allow it to do further than what it can do already. And what it can do as of now, stock, is modify visuals. If you want me to i can give you a rundown explanation in all of the files in a shader pack but i'd much rather not.
Exactly
but hax

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2014, 12:04:03 am »

edit:
Exactly
but hax
Den we will hav probZ
IG - @oem_moses

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2014, 07:31:13 am »

edit:
Exactly
but hax
Den we will hav probZ
Shaders 1: Rise of Morten
Shaders 2: Return of Dewey
Shaders 3: The Dark Relkeb Rises
Coming to a server near you!

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2014, 09:55:23 am »

edit:
Exactly
but hax
Den we will hav probZ
Shaders 1: Rise of Morten
Shaders 2: Return of Dewey
Shaders 3: The Dark Relkeb Rises
Coming to a server near you!
You mean Morten hears a Who
IG - @oem_moses

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2014, 05:14:27 pm »
You mean Morten hears a Who
lmfao, that's great.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2014, 06:02:56 pm »

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2014, 06:09:56 pm »
Back to the actual topic:

edit:
Exactly

By this logic, why can't I just make a modification of Optifine that also allows me to use xray? If we're scared of people taking mods and expanding on what the mod can do, then I think we're kind of missing the point.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
  • Previously goalieguy60, ^^ thats me
    • View Profile
    • My youtube.
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2014, 06:41:49 pm »
You guys are saying that shaders is bad because you can modify the code and make it have x-ray and stuff.

If you know how to modify a shaders mod to give it x-ray, it would be much cleaner just to CODE A SEPARATE X-RAY MOD.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2014, 07:17:19 pm »
You guys are saying that shaders is bad because you can modify the code and make it have x-ray and stuff.

If you know how to modify a shaders mod to give it x-ray, it would be much cleaner just to CODE A SEPARATE X-RAY MOD.
We never said shaders are bad, why don't people ever read the actual posts. We are simply stating why we have a no mods rule.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2014, 08:57:44 pm »
We never said shaders are bad

So why are shaders bad then?

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2014, 10:30:59 pm »
That's what I was trying to point out on the edit code thing, if i wanted to I could take a bit of code from an xray mod and paste it into Optifine's source. Bam, Xoptirayfine. yeah I couldnt come up with a good name But that's not the point. The point of this suggestion is to overrule the no mods rule by adding one mod (or two if you include forge but that's an api and not mod)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2014, 06:05:33 am »

We never said shaders were bad, we were simply using shaders as an example of why the no mods rule exists.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2014, 06:09:13 am »

We never said shaders were bad, we were simply using shaders as an example of why the no mods rule exists.
But shaders is barely a mod anyways... it alters client side visual gameplay, juuust like a texture pack