April 25, 2024, 11:00:32 pm

Author Topic: Shop District  (Read 5427 times)

sungod0

• View Profile
Shop District
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:01:25 pm »
The other day I asked benjaminc117 if the server had a shop district. To my sadness he said no. I was wondering if we could start one up somewhere on the server, people could go there and buy things at shops. If you watch the Hermitcraft series you'd know how it works. Its a place where you can buy goodies in return for items. All the players on the server are allowed to set up a shop. Also things like hiring builders and other people for help on your creations. Please let me know if you think this is a good idea. Please leave your suggestions below and see if we can get this up and running!
Thanks
-sungod0

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: Shop District
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:05:48 pm »
You could always try starting your own since this seems like it won't need any special commands.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:06:18 pm »
Honestly I do not think this will be a big thing added, but you could simply make your own and invite all the people you want to it. I know exactly what you are talking about, just with the amount of players on Opticraft, there would be a lot of shops and it would be hard to navigate though it.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:08:16 pm by Gogar72 »

benc117

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:06:27 pm »
If this was going to happen it will be hard because,
With all the new players would have to make another plot. So what I think is we should use plotme.

With plotme we are able to have infinite plots full of empty shops ready to go, We can also make it a survival storage area on it.

Also with plotme you can set a price to get a plot. So it could be like 10k to get a plot, but free to look around.
Hopefully this can go on :)

Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117

sungod0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 10:11:05 pm »
Benjaminc117 had a great idea of making a plot world with all the shops on it. People could explore the world looking for things to buy, or they could pay/create a plot and make a shop. Obviously people are only allowed to build shops in their plot. But i guess if they did build a plot they could put like an extra storage place out the back.
Thanks again
-sungd0

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 10:53:19 pm »
This would take a lot of coding most likely and there would have to be a plot per player limit also vinilla auto shops are not exactly the hardest thing to make

benc117

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 05:47:02 am »
This would take a lot of coding most likely and there would have to be a plot per player limit also vinilla auto shops are not exactly the hardest thing to make
What coding will need to be done? Plotme and chest shop would be everything we need :/
Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 06:19:38 am »
people would spam multiple plots some a new world based on a a differnt form of world that works differntly to a normal world.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 01:01:53 pm »
Honestly guys, you are taking it to far. This would be a simple thing to add, but there are a few things that would interfere with it. With plotme, people can spam all the plots they want. With the daily playerbase we have at the moment, there would be shops everywhere, and you couldn't delete any shops since the owner payed 10k to get it. All in all, there would just be to many shops to navigate through, and some problems if we got a new world.
What you could do is simply build underground or something, build 20 10x10 rooms or something. Boom now you can invite people over set up their own shop. Post a forum about it, and you should get quite a few people that would be up to pay for a plot.
To the coding part.
What coding will need to be done? Plotme and chest shop would be everything we need :/
Ehm, opticalza is not a big plugin fan, this would be done with coding, meaning yes! A lot of coding. Creative was turned down to, this was one of the reasons...

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 02:56:44 pm »
There's already been something suggested like this before.  It's tiring to see so many similar topics, just go to the market or make your own.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 05:13:11 pm »
I tried this before and it went horrible. Which is sad because it actually looked really nice. But whatever, it's a giant storage warehouse for me now.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.