April 26, 2024, 08:36:11 pm

Author Topic: Emerald and redstone protection stones  (Read 5213 times)

~Hi45~

• View Profile
Emerald and redstone protection stones
« on: March 13, 2014, 11:54:22 pm »
 I'm sure that this has been requested several times, or this is the first time I don't really know. We all know that we cant collect ores(not including gold and iron) using silk touch, but emerald and redstone ores aren't protection stones, so they should be. Redstone would be worse then lapis, but better than coal, and emerald should be better then diamond. If this isn't added I hope that we can collect the ore.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: Emerald and redstone protection stones
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 11:37:01 am »
We can collect emerald.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 12:11:34 pm »
We can collect emerald.
Can we though?
Because I've tried. I don't know if there are any recent changes, but the last time I tried to collect an emerald ore it went to no avail.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 04:51:01 pm »
This would be tricky for opticalza to do, as already what he has done is made a code thing to block ALL ores from silk touch, which stops the problem with 'precious stones'. But, it would be hard for him to code an exception for this. So i'm pretty sure that's why you can not currently mine ores with silk touch such as iron/gold which he has already been made an exception in the code i guess. At the end of the day, you gotta ask yourself, do we REALLY need this...

- Matt

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 05:00:48 pm »
This would be tricky for opticalza to do, as already what he has done is made a code thing to block ALL ores from silk touch, which stops the problem with 'precious stones'. But, it would be hard for him to code an exception for this. So i'm pretty sure that's why you can not currently mine ores with silk touch such as iron/gold which he has already been made an exception in the code i guess. At the end of the day, you gotta ask yourself, do we REALLY need this...

- Matt
No coding would need to be done for this to happen.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 06:02:11 pm »

- Matt
No coding would need to be done for this to happen.

Oh mmkay. Well to be honest I don't mind weather we have it or not, it's a mere design thing. Anyways we'll see what others think.

~Hi45~

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 09:25:43 pm »
 Okay, according to the last posts, we can collect emerald ore. The redstone one could still happen, nick says no coding would happen to do it so it could work! Unless I'm wrong I guess and I don't get it.-hi45070

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 09:59:06 pm »
Honestly I do not agree with having redstone ore as a protection block. I enjoy a lot using silk touch on redstone that way in the future I can mine it all up with a fortune 3 pickaxe. Plus if we make all of these blocks Non-Silk touchable, than clearly silk touch will drop in usage quite a bit.

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 10:56:11 pm »
I personally would like to silk touch the ore but not uses it as a PS as the PS avalible are sutible sizes also silk touch could make redstone mining much better as it is much easier to get 1 block from above lava than 6
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:58:35 pm by jcgaming »