March 29, 2024, 06:10:50 am

Author Topic: Shaders  (Read 25708 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Shaders
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 04:43:11 pm »
/helpop my shaders didn't install properly now i cannot psvisualize? or who knows what other little glitches could happen while connected to opticraft. 

Maybe we could have a trial run with a few selected staff and trusted before giving a mod the ok?

It doesn't work like that. There are none.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 05:59:33 pm »
sooo, no? ::)
Roll your eyes all you want, did you even read my post? lol
I wasn't rolling my eyes at you per se, it just seems these types of suggestions carry on for some time and could be ended with a yes or no. Yes I read what you said, but I had no opinion on this suggestion, so to think I was somehow taking down your reasoning calls for another ::)
Well your post to me says that you obviously didn't read the last sentence of my post.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 06:05:04 pm »
sooo, no? ::)
Roll your eyes all you want, did you even read my post? lol
I wasn't rolling my eyes at you per se, it just seems these types of suggestions carry on for some time and could be ended with a yes or no. Yes I read what you said, but I had no opinion on this suggestion, so to think I was somehow taking down your reasoning calls for another ::)
Well your post to me says that you obviously didn't read the last sentence of my post.
Yeah, obviously.

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 09:36:12 pm »
To avoid confusion from claw's essay and Nick's response and since I can't edit posts anymore....
I'm gonna make a little chart.

(click to show/hide)
IG - @oem_moses

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 12:32:39 am »
Final verdict if we can predict correctly?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2014, 08:01:12 am »

My prediction: Unlikely, maybe 33% chance

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 12:30:27 pm »

My prediction: Unlikely, maybe 33% chance
I'd go with that 34% chance.

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 05:42:48 pm »
That being said, you guys have optical on your side so your chances are pretty good
So no one read Nick's response? He said that since opti is on our side, there is a good chance we will be getting them. He is only worried that since shaders is not a specific mod, unlike optifine, we don't know everything that will come in that mod with it.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 06:24:03 pm »
We don't ban texture packs because of there being so many that we can't possibly know the contents of them or if they're being exploited, so why ban shaders for the same reason?
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 06:47:47 pm »
however texture pack are more limited in ability xray is the only main risk however i think this mod could be used as an excuses for other mods built into the shaders
the best option i see is like optifine a certain shaders mod is selected to be allowed and only that one.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:53:07 pm by jcgaming »

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 08:32:06 pm »
They are both exclusively texture changes neither make you punch a tree faster or phase through walls because they are visual modifications.
Major Igenerator

DP

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 08:34:21 pm »
They are both exclusively texture changes neither make you punch a tree faster or phase through walls because they are visual modifications.
A texture pack can only contain certain things, that's how its set up. A shader mod can contain anything since it is a mod, its not just strictly textures or shaders for that matter. That being said, people should really pay attention to what pew said and also it would help if people had actually read what i posted lol.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 08:45:20 pm »
A simple, straight up, standalone shader mod is just that.  What I'm seeing is a lot of "what if" comments surrounding the shaders while there are probably mod packs that have optifine and the forbidden minimap mods but we still allow optifine.
Major Igenerator

DP

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 08:53:25 pm »
A simple, straight up, standalone shader mod is just that.  What I'm seeing is a lot of "what if" comments surrounding the shaders while there are probably mod packs that have optifine and the forbidden minimap mods but we still allow optifine.
There are no shaders that have just that, as they require Forge and FML to run. It adds options to the menus and the shaders themselves are more lighting, not textures. That's 3 mods already installed just for using shader packs. Also we don't say mod packs are allowed, just optifine.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 09:01:31 pm »
Forge is included with fml (forge mod loader) so it's technically one mod. The rule would be as simple as "No mods besides Forge, Shaders, and Optifine."

edit:
A texture pack can only contain certain things, that's how its set up. A shader mod can contain anything since it is a mod, its not just strictly textures or shaders for that matter. That being said, people should really pay attention to what pew said and also it would help if people had actually read what i posted lol.
Yeah sorry but i'm going to have to shoot up a straight "no" on your explanation. Shaders come in shader packs. The shader mod is a shader pack reader. You would have to edit the code in the reader to allow it to do further than what it can do already. And what it can do as of now, stock, is modify visuals. If you want me to i can give you a rundown explanation in all of the files in a shader pack but i'd much rather not.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:13:27 pm by LIEKABOWSE »