March 29, 2024, 09:18:54 am

Author Topic: Daft Punk - Thomas Prop Helmet  (Read 7840 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Daft Punk - Thomas Prop Helmet
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:14:52 am »
Because I'm a massive fanboy and have nothing else to spend my money on, I purchased this and thought I'd share for any of you Daft Punk fans. It's just a raw resin casting and requires trimming, sanding, and chrome finish, which I'll probably do one day.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Daft Punk - Thomas Prop Helmet
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:18:19 am »

Just send it to me when you're done.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 09:21:09 am by ☣2crzy4uall☣ »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 09:23:41 am »

:D no

(maybe if you say please)

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 10:27:23 am »
i like there music but someone who likes it more is hammy xD i bet he'll post here soon!! xD

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 12:31:01 pm »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 05:57:11 pm »
I never understood the whole, wear helmets or masks while playing music, or in this case "music".
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Nikita

• The Musician Operator
  • Im gonna eat your brain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 06:05:02 pm »
I never understood the whole, wear helmets or masks while playing music, or in this case "music".

Nick, please....

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 06:08:55 pm »

Nick, please....
Lol ill agree the last thing was too much, but i seriously don't understand the masks/helmets thing, plenty of musicians out there do it and it has always baffled me.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 06:10:09 pm »

It's because they're ugly It adds mystique and allure to the whole performance.

To quote Batman Begins:

As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored, I can be destroyed; but as a symbol... as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 06:14:22 pm »

It's because they're ugly It adds mystique and allure to the whole performance.

To quote Batman Begins:

As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored, I can be destroyed; but as a symbol... as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting.
This may have been true in the past, like if they wanted to remain anonymous and add that mystery to the performance, but here in the digital age, everything is on the internet. There is not much point to it other than to look flashy i guess. At least its way better than like slipknot lol.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 06:44:46 pm »
Let's not put quotation marks on our opinions lol
In this day and age of electronic music, people focus too much on someones image than they do the music. They wear the helmets so that people can enjoy the music without putting a face on it. There's that mystery behind them which leaves you with your own image of them. They've been doing their thing for 21 years, and they've been able to keep the act up the whole time without any kind of 'celebrity outbreak' or drama. So you can say the point of it is to preserve the "music" without people turning around and saying "Hey, they're ugly, I'm going to judge their music now"

You don't always have to compromise yourself to be successful.

This may have been true in the past, like if they wanted to remain anonymous and add that mystery to the performance, but here in the digital age, everything is on the internet. There is not much point to it other than to look flashy i guess. At least its way better than like slipknot lol.

They did do it in the past, but they're not gonna one day take them off just because the internet is growing
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:48:28 pm by xDeeKay »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 07:18:34 pm »
In this day and age of electronic music, people focus too much on someones image than they do the music. They wear the helmets so that people can enjoy the music without putting a face on it. There's that mystery behind them which leaves you with your own image of them. They've been doing their thing for 21 years, and they've been able to keep the act up the whole time without any kind of 'celebrity outbreak' or drama. So you can say the point of it is to preserve the "music" without people turning around and saying "Hey, they're ugly, I'm going to judge their music now"

They did do it in the past, but they're not gonna one day take them off just because the internet is growing
Well the thing is, it's putting its own face on their music, that face is their masks. Aside from pop music and country (which now days is just pop anyway) people don't judge your music based on looks, that is something that only happens to pop music on a large scale. I mean skrillex became pretty popular in that genre so it cant be too bad. Plus anyone who just does a google search can see what they look like.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 07:41:31 pm »

Well the thing is, it's putting its own face on their music, that face is their masks. Aside from pop music and country (which now days is just pop anyway) people don't judge your music based on looks, that is something that only happens to pop music on a large scale. I mean skrillex became pretty popular in that genre so it cant be too bad. Plus anyone who just does a google search can see what they look like.
I don't really think they're doing it because of anonymity, it's really only because the masks have become an icon of Daft Punk and they would like to keep it that way. Also probably taking off the mask will (probably) reduce popularity.
Honestly anyone with a normal head and Google can look up and see that it's just a couple of blokes from France making music.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:45:24 pm by raul7legend »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 08:03:08 pm »
Their reasons for doing it are theirs alone, so yeah.