May 04, 2024, 07:55:32 am

Author Topic: a creative server/world  (Read 25710 times)

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
a creative server/world
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:05:30 pm »
yes, this has been done a lot i know. but i 'd liek to give it another shot. since i have the feeling we can make 1. the server more fun to play on for more people and 2. diversity to use as a power for our marketing.

yes yes, i know what you are thinking. thats way too much work. but it can get us so much more valuable players, so the hard work will be rewarded.

the server/world thing is a option. whatever is easiest to manage or create. i would say server. because you can have seperate teams and ranks for both. but that's something i wont go further on.

not enough staff? well there's bound to be enough people who want to help create the community. like old classic players, from what i heard. a lot are interested to help out with this project. but yeah, i don't go over who gets to be op and everything.

i was maybe thinking of having a creative admin to release the stress of the curren thardworking one. for this project. he got his hands full enough already. (tip: picking me wont be the smartest idea. so its not like i ask this to get a better rank for myself or anything, keep that in mind).

i know we have something amazing here. with a great community. but i got the feeling we can do so much more with this amazing server. i've been on enough servers to see that our community is definately our strongest point.

so well yeah. i hope this has a chance. and plese. positive or negative feedback would be great. and if you got suggestions of your own to add or change something i said. please do. i want this to be a good thing. not just something i want. but something we all, as a community can want.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: a creative server/world
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 09:09:39 pm »
Not bad but there is the classic server

gameguy96

• the croperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 09:13:29 pm »
Not bad but there is the classic server

1. it's dead. 2. its inaccessable i think it's down for good. besides no-one plays classic anymore. while creative can attract players. sadly.... classic is dead. any version of it. it will always have a special place in my heart. but it's just not playable anymore

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:16:44 pm »
We don't have the man power for this, it has been suggested many times, even by me. Not only this but if we were to have another server we would need a pretty big spike in donations.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

gameguy96

• the croperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 09:19:05 pm »
We don't have the man power for this, it has been suggested many times, even by me. Not only this but if we were to have another server we would need a pretty big spike in donations.
well like i said. we have enough people willing to do this. and we can make it a world too. such i also said in my first comment. and won't the server get more money if we had more players? from that paticular source?

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 09:21:36 pm »
This is a good idea but surely if its within the smp server it would be using the same staff since we have quite a few staff, if you want the world you'd need to find a way to get the donations up before it happens surely?

The selfie that made nick change spawn.

gameguy96

• the croperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 09:25:00 pm »
This is a good idea but surely if its within the smp server it would be using the same staff since we have quite a few staff, if you want the world you'd need to find a way to get the donations up before it happens surely?

the same staff is not a problem at all. it could work out very good too. and yes the money surely is a problem... something i would probably need some help thinking up a solution for that. i'm only one guy and the more thoughts the better we can come up with a plan. so yeah suggestions are welcome. but it all depends if opti or nick wants a world or a server, wich are two options to solve it. it's both going to be hard work anyhow. that's for sure. but i'm sure if we all can try to put effort in. it can come off the ground

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 09:26:42 pm »
well like i said. we have enough people willing to do this. and we can make it a world too. such i also said in my first comment. and won't the server get more money if we had more players? from that paticular source?
Well, How are you going to ensure and enforce all those people to make that big of a commitment?

gameguy96

• the croperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 09:28:41 pm »
Well, How are you going to ensure and enforce all those people to make that big of a commitment?

well not everyone needs to donate. but i guess the donation income will stay the same for the average player. but we will have more players to donate.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 09:32:01 pm »
Alright so this is basically me playing devil's advocate....that is...all the ways people will probably respond negatively to this whole thing:

Wouldn't we need way more manpower for a creative world? The mods would have to constantly bounce from the creative world to all the other worlds. And given that creative is essentially fly hacks and unlimited block placement, there's gonna be a lot of spam, grief, inappropriate structures, and more. While our staff team isn't exactly "small", I don't think they'd all be able to handle these worlds.

And trusted+ creative worlds aren't going to happen either because of our equality rules and such ("everyone is equal, we aren't going to give one rank of people stuff because of the rank"). Other than flying and some inaccessable blocks, I really don't see a point in having creative anyways. At this point, there are farms for everything and every item is easily available if you can either farm it or buy it.

If you want to build on a creative world, come play on classic then. Sure its heavily outdated with its blocks and no one uses it anymore, but with a big enough server following as we have now, you can always invite people over to play with you. Otherwise, I'd just say stick with what you got now.

That's basically what most of the responses will look like. So ya, i agree about most of these but that doesn't mean i don't want a creative world. I just know that it probably won't happen and this topic will just get locked and forgotten.

The following are positive points that i also agree with:

Positively though, the instant upsides I see out of this is the creative world will potentially bring in a large amount of players through advertising, because most people only play minecraft for creative and minigames servers now. Trust me, I know that's all people care about anymore.

We can attempt to bring back some of our classic ops on the job, seeing as their positions are essentially useless at this point and they are most experienced in watching over a creative server/world. Of course, we can always have applications for them like any other smp staff.

The argument that things are too much effort, lack of manpower or simply "not gonna happen" are the same arguments that came out of the pvp world suggestions. And that happened. So before we simply say no to something, I'd rather we say maybe. Because if pvp happened, it seems like anything is possible. Opinions change over time and so does the freedom in staffs' schedule. I'd rather the staff thought about the possibility of it happening than it not happening.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:33:36 pm by DJAlphaWolf »

gameguy96

• the croperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 09:37:44 pm »
Alright so this is basically me playing devil's advocate....that is...all the ways people will probably respond negatively to this whole thing:

Wouldn't we need way more manpower for a creative world? The mods would have to constantly bounce from the creative world to all the other worlds. And given that creative is essentially fly hacks and unlimited block placement, there's gonna be a lot of spam, grief, inappropriate structures, and more. While our staff team isn't exactly "small", I don't think they'd all be able to handle these worlds.

And trusted+ creative worlds aren't going to happen either because of our equality rules and such ("everyone is equal, we aren't going to give one rank of people stuff because of the rank"). Other than flying and some inaccessable blocks, I really don't see a point in having creative anyways. At this point, there are farms for everything and every item is easily available if you can either farm it or buy it.

If you want to build on a creative world, come play on classic then. Sure its heavily outdated with its blocks and no one uses it anymore, but with a big enough server following as we have now, you can always invite people over to play with you. Otherwise, I'd just say stick with what you got now.

That's basically what most of the responses will look like. So ya, i agree about most of these but that doesn't mean i don't want a creative world. I just know that it probably won't happen and this topic will just get locked and forgotten.

The following are positive points that i also agree with:

Positively though, the instant upsides I see out of this is the creative world will potentially bring in a large amount of players through advertising, because most people only play minecraft for creative and minigames servers now. Trust me, I know that's all people care about anymore.

We can attempt to bring back some of our classic ops on the job, seeing as their positions are essentially useless at this point and they are most experienced in watching over a creative server/world. Of course, we can always have applications for them like any other smp staff.

The argument that things are too much effort, lack of manpower or simply "not gonna happen" are the same arguments that came out of the pvp world suggestions. And that happened. So before we simply say no to something, I'd rather we say maybe. Because if pvp happened, it seems like anything is possible. Opinions change over time and so does the freedom in staffs' schedule. I'd rather the staff thought about the possibility of it happening than it not happening.

well to get off the bat with the first thing. yes the block spam will probs rise again, but yeah, we have enough loyal players now that we can get mod now. to solve this problem. just open more apps for staff would be the answer for that.

and farms. well do people really enjoy having farms for everything? i for one am horrible with redstone and wont be able to build a autofarm without a youtube vid. and i am sure i'm not the only sad excuse for a player out there.

classic is, like i said down. and dead for almost every server. mojang even ditched classic. so this is not an option anymore.

that done with the negative stuff. if you want more answers to it. ill be happy to give them.

and ty for the positive feedback you are the first to give some

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 09:50:07 pm »
   To be honest, I love creative and think I would even play more of creative than survival. I am a great builder when it comes to placing down block by block. This is a big idea however, this server is becoming lazier and slower. Classic is pretty much gone now. Creative takes a lot more time to set up and manage than survival. We will need a community that actually takes their time into voting and filling out the caches.

Creative attracts a lot of people mainly so they can show off what they can do. I never like to spend all the time collecting resources to get my builds done (I love the market :)). I would want creative on a different world. No need for another server or else it just takes to much money and time to keep track of both servers. Though the only thing we would need to make a difference, is our saying pretty much. IP to opticraft SMP.opticraft.net. We are widely known as just a survival multi-player server. We would have to get many many new things programmed into the world.

If this were to happen, we wouldn't need staff members. Just more ranks would be cool. Ranking up in a creative would be essentially like ranking up in classic to a crafter. I love this idea and hope it gets implemented into the server where we hold a strong and good community.

EDIT: Why think about this being impossible? Think about how amazing it would be to make the server more fun and attract more players? The whole goal of a server is to have a good community right? Well you have to get a lot more players if you are going to do that. Classic is dead. We obviously need an upgrade.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:02:13 am by Gogar72 »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 12:16:03 am »
It doesn't matter if you have enough people willing to do this, what matters is the one person NOT willing to do this, and that is opti. He wasn't willing to do it back when he had free time and worked on smp and i highly doubt he would be willing to do it now when he has even less free time.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

gameguy96

• the croperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 12:41:47 am »
It doesn't matter if you have enough people willing to do this, what matters is the one person NOT willing to do this, and that is opti. He wasn't willing to do it back when he had free time and worked on smp and i highly doubt he would be willing to do it now when he has even less free time.
well that's up for him to decide. if you don't try you will never succeed. we can guess what he thinks. but he is still his own person. if he decides not to. it won't happen. but before he says it, it's not off the table yet. even if you doubt it. i will still give this a serious shot.