May 04, 2024, 06:09:50 pm

Author Topic: a creative server/world  (Read 25714 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: a creative server/world
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 12:45:31 am »
We don't have the man power for this, it has been suggested many times, even by me. Not only this but if we were to have another server we would need a pretty big spike in donations.
well like i said. we have enough people willing to do this. and we can make it a world too. such i also said in my first comment. and won't the server get more money if we had more players? from that paticular source?
It doesn't matter if you have enough people willing to do this, what matters is the one person NOT willing to do this, and that is opti. He wasn't willing to do it back when he had free time and worked on smp and i highly doubt he would be willing to do it now when he has even less free time.
well that's up for him to decide. if you don't try you will never succeed. we can guess what he thinks. but he is still his own person. if he decides not to. it won't happen. but before he says it, it's not off the table yet. even if you doubt it. i will still give this a serious shot.
Well i have asked him a few times before.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 12:51:49 am »
We don't have the man power for this, it has been suggested many times, even by me. Not only this but if we were to have another server we would need a pretty big spike in donations.
well like i said. we have enough people willing to do this. and we can make it a world too. such i also said in my first comment. and won't the server get more money if we had more players? from that paticular source?
It doesn't matter if you have enough people willing to do this, what matters is the one person NOT willing to do this, and that is opti. He wasn't willing to do it back when he had free time and worked on smp and i highly doubt he would be willing to do it now when he has even less free time.
well that's up for him to decide. if you don't try you will never succeed. we can guess what he thinks. but he is still his own person. if he decides not to. it won't happen. but before he says it, it's not off the table yet. even if you doubt it. i will still give this a serious shot.
Well i have asked him a few times before.
well all i can say is we'll see. how else can i respond to this? the only other way is to say: yes nick ofc nick, i love you nick, you are always right nick, what you think is what i should think nick. not really much of a closing of a thought out plan is it?
all i'm saying is that we can't see into his mind. neither of us. so we just have to wait. saying what you think he will say is not going to change much. i will still try. slim chanses are not impossible chanses. let's just discuss what is wrong with the plan here instead of what opti is possibly is going to think about it. since we won't be able to be 100% sure about that anyhow.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 02:56:58 am »
     If what you say is true, that the classic server is dead and that no one plays it anymore, would it be possible to scrap it and take the money going into it right now and put it into a creative server? I know that there's been a lot of history on it, and a lot of amazing builds, but there's the same potential in creating another server like it, just an updated one.

As for DJ's earlier comments on the negative side about grieving and random block placing. There could be an application you need to fill out to even get on the server/world. If people are serious about building, then they will apply, and if they are accepted, then they will be a good addition to the community. This will keep out most that will grief and make less work for the staff. Other creative servers do this and their worlds are beautful.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:00:58 am by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 02:59:57 am »
    If what you say is true, that the classic server is dead and that no one plays it anymore, would it be possible to scrap it and take the money going into it right now and put it into a creative server? I know that there's been a lot of history on it, and a lot of amazing builds, but there's the same possibility in creating another server like it, just an updated one.

As for DJ's earlier comments on the negative side about grieving and random block placing. There could be an application you need to fill out to even get on the server/world. If people are serious about building, then they will apply, and if they are accepted, then they will be a good addition to the community. This will keep out most that will grief and make less work for the staff. Other creative servers do this and their worlds are beautful.
Classic runs on the same vps that the forums and mumble run on. So taking down the server would save no money at all.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 03:02:11 am »
Oh ok, wasn't entirely sure how it was run.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 04:01:00 am »
    If what you say is true, that the classic server is dead and that no one plays it anymore, would it be possible to scrap it and take the money going into it right now and put it into a creative server? I know that there's been a lot of history on it, and a lot of amazing builds, but there's the same potential in creating another server like it, just an updated one.

As for DJ's earlier comments on the negative side about grieving and random block placing. There could be an application you need to fill out to even get on the server/world. If people are serious about building, then they will apply, and if they are accepted, then they will be a good addition to the community. This will keep out most that will grief and make less work for the staff. Other creative servers do this and their worlds are beautiful.
Love it. Agreed.

I'm sorry but
(click to show/hide)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 05:57:49 am »

How about we place restrictions where only members+ can build/destroy? Or maybe just have a creative world instead of a new server altogether?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 06:29:04 am »
I believe there is a certain world called metropolis that already is creative... so switching to a public world of that kind would not be very compicated i guess?

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 07:02:45 am »
The problem with that is people who go to metropolis automatically get creative, and it stays with them until they relog. So they can just go to the survival worlds and spawn in a bunch of stuff.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 07:32:00 am »
There's no doubt we'd need some extra coding done if it were to be implemented onto our current server. There's just no way it could work with what we have, like PvP has. Which then comes back to what Nick said, Optical doesn't want to do it / has no time to do it.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 02:23:35 pm »
what plugin does opticraft use for multiple worlds?

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 03:22:03 pm »
what plugin does opticraft use for multiple worlds?
Optical coded that.

shortgeorgeee

• \
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 04:50:23 pm »
  Creative takes a lot more time to set up than creative.

Presuming this was a type-o
previous account: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php?action=profile;u=24282
I forgot my password and couldn't recover it ok,

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 11:05:07 pm »
I love this idea, but again, as many others have said, this has been suggested so many times, and has never happened. I'm not staff so I don't really have a say in this, but I'd be happy if we did get a creative server. I think we should just wait to see what optical has to say.
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 02:44:03 am »
Seeing a lot of creative world suggestions reminds me of back when we used to have the entire suggestion board spammed with PvP topics.

As for the actual suggestion, why don't we have it so you have a separate set of /homes for the creative world/server? Make sure the players must go to spawn, press a button and use a command block to reset their game mode and return them to the survival server/world. Coding might be involved, as far as the difficulty goes I doubt it will be a walk in the park. But we will have to see if optical even wants to do this before we discuss how it goes down.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.