May 04, 2024, 09:08:45 am

Author Topic: a creative server/world  (Read 25711 times)

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
Re: a creative server/world
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2013, 04:00:49 am »
Command Blocks aren't enabled and never will be. That is what Nick said to my brother when he asked.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2013, 08:56:03 am »
If we use a vps, wouldn't it be possible to run a small scale whitelisted server using BungeeCord? A flatlands world, with no plugins, would take very little RAM, as would bungee (all together, 1Gb or so, which the SMP server can afford to loose).

Keep it either application only or donation only. This will prevent 99.9% of possible grief.

You can even set PEX to use mySQL, to have unified ranking.

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 09:28:42 am »
(all together, 1Gb or so, which the SMP server can afford to loose).

no

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 12:50:14 pm »
Ik of another creative server, with a flatlands world divvied up into 80x80 plots that you can claim depending on your rank, and only you can allow people into it. Then any grief is the problem of the owner of the plot, since they allowed the player to grief basically. If you want to get a look at this ingame, forum msg me about the ip.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 02:21:53 pm »
Ik of another creative server, with a flatlands world divvied up into 80x80 plots that you can claim depending on your rank, and only you can allow people into it. Then any grief is the problem of the owner of the plot, since they allowed the player to grief basically. If you want to get a look at this ingame, forum msg me about the ip.

What was the point of this post?

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2013, 02:31:23 pm »
It was a suggestion, He is thinking of PlotMe. I dont think this would be a good idea though because those plots are too small for someone to build anything really good. Think of the really cool builds on the SMP server, like Qu1ck's spaceship, or B1ueJ0ker's castle, they take up more than 80x80 plots.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2013, 04:25:25 pm »

no

From what I remember (Haven't looked for a few months), the server has about 20Gb of RAM and uses about 6Gb.

You wouldn't see a difference unless we got a few hundred more players.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2013, 06:49:46 pm »

no

From what I remember (Haven't looked for a few months), the server has about 20Gb of RAM and uses about 6Gb.

this also solves the "not enough manpower" problem that nick is having atm, because griefers wouldnt be able to get in very easily.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2013, 08:48:25 pm »
This has been requested and rejected so many times now that there's literally no chance this will ever happen. Like Nick said, Optical doesn't have the time to code this so unless we find someone who is willing to code for us for free (which I highly doubt we can), there is no way this is happening. If you want to play creative either play in singleplayer or in classic.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 02:18:21 am »

no

this also solves the "not enough manpower" problem that nick is having atm, because griefers wouldnt be able to get in very easily.

Um, no. MANpower, not computer power. What they mean by manpower is people who are willing to maintain a server. It would include a whole new set of staff, coding, just imagine all the work put into this server and do it again.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 06:18:00 am »

no

Um, no. MANpower, not computer power. What they mean by manpower is people who are willing to maintain a server. It would include a whole new set of staff, coding, just imagine all the work put into this server and do it again.

technically you can copy 95% of the plugins

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 03:11:21 pm »

no

technically you can copy 95% of the plugins

People are going to want new stuff, and while this is true, it will pretty much make a huge mess as soon as someone asks for something not already in a plugin.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 02:12:21 am »
I havent really read this topic lol, just wanted to point this out.  I used it on a server and its pretty cool.  Global chat is shared between two servers:
http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/1-7-2-bungeecord.392/

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 07:56:14 am »
I havent really read this topic lol, just wanted to point this out.  I used it on a server and its pretty cool.  Global chat is shared between two servers:
http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/1-7-2-bungeecord.392/

If we use a vps, wouldn't it be possible to run a small scale whitelisted server using BungeeCord? A flatlands world, with no plugins, would take very little RAM, as would bungee (all together, 1Gb or so, which the SMP server can afford to loose).

Keep it either application only or donation only. This will prevent 99.9% of possible grief.

You can even set PEX to use mySQL, to have unified ranking.

Please read topics.
Oh, and default BungeeCord doesn't link chat.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:58:48 am by clawstrider »

deathiswating

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 10:32:35 am »
i think this is a very good idea it can give people an idea for what they wanna build in the survival server and could draw more people into playing on amp.opticraft.net
regards from: deathiswating