May 13, 2024, 05:14:06 pm

Author Topic: Opticraft age limitations?  (Read 6770 times)

lordyokel

• View Profile
Opticraft age limitations?
« on: December 16, 2012, 02:09:10 am »
It has come to my attention that the age requirement to sign up on opticraft is 13. through out my time on the server, i have noticed that there are people below the age of 13. i dont have a problem with kids younger than 13 but it goes against the opticraft rules. Any thoughts?
-Old man Yokel

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: Opticraft age limitations?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 02:10:34 am »
I think most of them should get banned because it is breaking the rules and most of them are completely immature. there are a handful that are good players though.
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

lordyokel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 02:12:27 am »
im just wondering if they should change the age requirement to accommodate the younger players or if they should crack down on the individuals that broke the trus agreement when they made their account?
-Old man Yokel

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 02:13:25 am »
Well i think 13 is a great age and should maybe even be increased to 14 but those kids should be cracked down on and banned.
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

lordyokel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 02:16:32 am »
I think that if someone signs up on this website and the very first thing they do is lie about their age, it is a direct violation of the opticraft rules and it sets a very unstable foundation for the individuals relationship with the opticraft community
-Old man Yokel

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 02:17:29 am »
I believe it is because of this.

lordyokel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 02:19:22 am »
well, that brings thins to an easy conclusion. thanks
-Old man Yokel

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 03:47:06 am »
Well I think 13 is a good age because there is the odd person who will swear until the heart is content.
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 04:17:45 am »
We have no problem with younger kids playing on our servers, so long as they don't cause too many problems.

When people (especially kids) start lying about their age, that's when things start to turn into a mess.

Again, we're not concerned about the age limit when it comes to the servers themselves, but forum regulations will still be followed.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »
13 is not an opticraft policy, almost every forum you sign up on will have that same statement because it has to.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Lema

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 05:33:21 pm »
I think most of them should get banned because it is breaking the rules and most of them are completely immature. there are a handful that are good players though.
Can I just say I am 12 but I am not immature

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 05:59:38 pm »
Banning everyone under 13? Wow lol, thats actually discrimination, and besides, the target audience for Minecraft includes kids.

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 06:44:27 pm »
I totally agree.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 03:31:16 am »
So you know, if a kid gets their parent to help them sign up, they can play on opti. They just cant lie.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 11:24:10 am »
We have no problem with younger kids playing on our servers, so long as they don't cause too many problems.

When people (especially kids) start lying about their age, that's when things start to turn into a mess.

Again, we're not concerned about the age limit when it comes to the servers themselves, but forum regulations will still be followed.

Exactly, When people start lying about their age; It's no longer Opticraft's legal responsibility to deal with it. However...

Can I just say I am 12 but I am not immature

I'd argue that this statement here would legally breach the act. Unless Lema's parents consent.
However; They aren't going to shut down Opticraft out of the blue, I believe someone would have to file a complaint for them to even do anything.
And worse case; They'd probably just pester the service provider to shut the server down.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء