June 16, 2024, 09:58:39 am

Author Topic: Tekkit Server  (Read 13890 times)

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
Re: Tekkit Server
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 08:58:14 am »
Another thing about Tekkit is that, as a massive player myself, after a while, it becomes boring. Once you get stacks and stacks and stacks of Red Matter and 20 MFSU's completely full, Tekkit becomes...boring. I mean, at that tme, you have essentially 'completed' Tekkit as there is no more to do. Because of this, perhaps we could have a reset map every month or something like that.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 10:02:56 am »
We could have these discussions about the positives and negatives of having an additional Tekkit server for hours on end, however it's not confirmed that we are going to have one.
Keep in mind that our next server will be a PvP based server with multiple game-modes (which involves a lot of work to do; coding/map making etc), so I don't think we'll be getting a Tekkit server any time sooner.

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:54 am »
Yeah, ultimately I agree with Mr. Henz here. I doubt that we will in the forseeable future get a Tekkit server. However, I think it IS a possibility for Optical to implement; however, it will take a great deal of time and patience (From us) for him to even CONSIDER setting up a Tekkit server.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 10:30:15 am »
What if we have a whitelisted thing where u have to donate like someone else said, or could be whitelisted to opticraft members only?
I'm Back BABY!

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 10:43:18 am »
What if we have a whitelisted thing where u have to donate like someone else said, or could be whitelisted to opticraft members only?

If it were whitelisted to Opticraft members, it may reduce griefings by a small amount, as it literally takes a minute to register on the forums and instantly become a member. Donating would reduce the griefing amount by a lot, as you need to...donate.

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 10:46:38 am »

If it were whitelisted to Opticraft members, it may reduce griefings by a small amount, as it literally takes a minute to register on the forums and instantly become a member. Donating would reduce the griefing amount by a lot, as you need to...donate.
No not members+ but like do it by play time. After X ammount of hours your eligible to play on it and then you have to donate to get whitelisted. Play time only makes you eligible
I'm Back BABY!

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 10:59:26 am »

No not members+ but like do it by play time. After X ammount of hours your eligible to play on it and then you have to donate to get whitelisted. Play time only makes you eligible

Ah, okay, well, that could potentially work. I now see your logic.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 12:17:46 pm »
What about:
Donate $5 for access to the server (And possibly trusted/builder+)
         Harsh, i know. This would combat griefers and help fund the server.

Map reset each month
          This would combat griefers(Why bother griefing if it will be reset anyway) and stop it getting boring. Possibly you can             pay a small fee ($1?) to have a build moved by an admin to the new world. Undecided about carrying over inventory.

No quarries near spawn and maybe rule about tree cutting (leaving a floating tree)
          Stops world getting too ugly

Banned items
          Will try to get one done tonight (I'm at school ATM). 100% no "carpet banning" of mods. Just items from mods.

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 12:25:40 pm »
What about:
Donate $5 for access to the server (And possibly trusted/builder+)
         Harsh, i know. This would combat griefers and help fund the server.

Map reset each month
          This would combat griefers(Why bother griefing if it will be reset anyway) and stop it getting boring. Possibly you can             pay a small fee ($1?) to have a build moved by an admin to the new world. Undecided about carrying over inventory.

No quarries near spawn and maybe rule about tree cutting (leaving a floating tree)
          Stops world getting too ugly

Banned items
          Will try to get one done tonight (I'm at school ATM). 100% no "carpet banning" of mods. Just items from mods.

How about only Trusted+ get free access to the server, but in order to get the RESTRICTED items, they need to pay $5?  Members or below need to pay $10 to get access to the server PLUS $5 to get access to the RESTRICTED items, making in total $15. I am quite certain that this would help with the funds of the server, and there would be more incentive to be a good player on the Vanilla servers to become Trusted.

And now, onto the Restricted items. The Restricted items should consist of items that COULD cause griefings, such as Nukes, Nuclear Reactors, Destruction Catylysts, Mining Lasers, etc. as to prevent griefing even more.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 12:41:30 pm »
Hmm... Alright.
I would happily donate for the full tekkit experience.
Also, if you are caught griefing, it's permanent ban with no refunds. Risk of loosing money should stop most people

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 01:38:12 pm »
Biggest problem I have seen on techit servers is once a curtain amount of people get destruction catalysts or quarries the world becomes hollowed out.... Dig below like level 50 and you fall to your death. people mine like crazy to get there items up for the things that come with EE, It is a major hasle and often map resets every couple weeks or so becuase you can't keep up with the world being mined away....
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 01:41:44 pm »
Biggest problem I have seen on techit servers is once a curtain amount of people get destruction catalysts or quarries the world becomes hollowed out.... Dig below like level 50 and you fall to your death. people mine like crazy to get there items up for the things that come with EE, It is a major hasle and often map resets every couple weeks or so becuase you can't keep up with the world being mined away....

You're possibly thinking about the worst Tekkit servers you've seen, in which I don't think that would happen, if these are followed as discussed; donating for entry, trusted players, minimum amount of slots, smart community etc.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 02:53:21 pm »
Keep in mind that our next server will be a PvP based server with multiple game-modes (which involves a lot of work to do; coding/map making etc), so I don't think we'll be getting a Tekkit server any time sooner.
This is 100% wrong, we are NOT be getting a pvp server.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 03:18:56 pm »
This is 100% wrong, we are NOT be getting a pvp server.

Oh really? :|

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 03:24:55 pm »

If a server map is completely hollow within a few weeks, then dedz to that server, for having enough players to do that. We definitly won't, and map resets each month will help.

Nick, is there a decent chance of this? Should we keep brainstorming?