June 10, 2024, 10:21:36 am

Author Topic: Tekkit Server  (Read 13732 times)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Tekkit Server
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 04:28:37 pm »
Keep in mind that our next server will be a PvP based server with multiple game-modes (which involves a lot of work to do; coding/map making etc), so I don't think we'll be getting a Tekkit server any time sooner.
This is 100% wrong, we are NOT be getting a pvp server.

Oh really? :|
We're getting a PvP arena, not server  :P

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 05:01:53 pm »
Oh really? :|
Read the topic in the staff section, it is their to prevent this exact thing from happening. Since you are both wrong, it is not an arena, and it is not a server.

If a server map is completely hollow within a few weeks, then dedz to that server, for having enough players to do that. We definitly won't, and map resets each month will help.

Nick, is there a decent chance of this? Should we keep brainstorming?
No, there is pretty much no chance of this. Not only do we not have the manpower to do so (people to build, regulate, and maintain the server) but it has not even been discussesd as an option ever.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 05:13:53 pm »
Alright, thanks anyway.

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 07:09:14 pm »
but it has not even been discussesd as an option ever.

Arnt we discussing it now? I mean unless you mean with optical
I'm Back BABY!

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 09:41:30 pm »
This does NOT qualify as 'discussing about an Opticraft Tekkit Server.' It has only been suggested-- NOT discussed.

You all have to realize that this would only tighten up Optical's resources even more if he did this.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 10:38:07 pm »
Oh my, how laggy all the servers would be
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 11:05:06 pm »
This does NOT qualify as 'discussing about an Opticraft Tekkit Server.' It has only been suggested-- NOT discussed.

You all have to realize that this would only tighten up Optical's resources even more if he did this.

Oh, what is the difference? I get that its suggested i made the suggestion, but what has to happen for it to qualify it as discussed? I mean there is 3 pages of us all giving ideas and DISCUSSING the idea at hand. By descussion do you mean by nick/relkeb/optical/and nyssa? Because if thats what you mean by disscussed then thats dofferent. Thats more of what does the bigger person think. And seeing as nick has given his thought on this shouldnt that count? I mean dont get me wrong but i made the sudgestion and then the comments are the discussion you are talking about.
     Maybe you mean disscussed offically? Like something nick posted for us to talk about? Even so we have disscused this between alot of us. Discussed is a very open term like things or good, it has multiple meanings and could be taken different ways.so that could be the confusion, could you clarify what your meaning of discussed means? Maybe that would help.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:06:59 pm by N8MATTHEWS »
I'm Back BABY!

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2012, 02:47:47 am »
By discussed i meant between the senior staff.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2012, 03:01:31 am »
Friend of mine hosts Tekkit on a box very similar to this one, and his server is full with 150 to 200 players (depends on which one he sets the cap at). Runs perfectly as long as he doesn't raise the cap past 200.

He gets 1K in donations per month or more, and he's shown me his paypal account to prove it. Hell, I might start one up on my box (obviously cant give any IPs or connect info here to abide by the rules). Tekkit isn't AS CPU and Memory intensive as people think SO LONG AS you disable Computercraft and Frame Motors because those lil fuckers take up a lot of cpu.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2012, 03:04:33 am »
Thats great and all but we just are not prepared to start another server at the moment.

BTW thanks for posting the donation info, but opticraft is not in the business of making money so bragging about it here will get you nowhere.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2012, 10:12:49 am »
Could we form a petition?
I know I may not speak for everyone, but I would prefer a Tekkit server to a pvp server.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 10:29:05 am »
Could we form a petition?
I know I may not speak for everyone, but I would prefer a Tekkit server to a pvp server.
Whether we have a petition or not, it's going to come down to having the right resources and manpower to actually run the server.
Plus we're not having a PvP server either, so that last sentence is pointless.

partyguy15

• The Dj Of Opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 01:16:55 pm »
If We were to make the server white listed we could control the grifers and only allow trustworthy people.  There Would Be An Aplication for it. Then Once We get more moderators and ops we can open it up. Not to sure if this would work but its and idea

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 02:03:37 pm »
To prevent further arguments can we lock this. It seems to me that Nick has said this won't happen in  the near future, isn't in any discussions right now and I just see more arguments popping up in this topic.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 03:11:54 pm »
You all may have theories, suggestions, and ideas on how it'll work, but like I said it comes down to this:
No, there is pretty much no chance of this. Not only do we not have the manpower to do so (people to build, regulate, and maintain the server) but it has not even been discussesd as an option ever.

So, all the ideas we're coming up with may sound great, but we just can't afford another server right now.
Like Nick also said.

I'm locking this, thanks for all the suggestions.