April 20, 2024, 09:02:35 am

Author Topic: The Sovereign State of Stuttgart®  (Read 267748 times)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
Re: The City of Stuttgart™ -All applications are OPEN-
« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2012, 06:20:51 pm »
Hasan, I have a question.
Is a payment a requirement? If yes, at what amount? Once or each week?

Only for Visa's. If you're going to stay on a visa (temporary residency) It's 100$ a day. And you may also need a place to stay. So depending on the hotel (Most expensive one being 100$ a day as well) or you can bunk in with someone that already lives in the city (If they agree to it). Anything else?

I would like just to join a town without taxes. I really am against the idea of having in my mind every day/week/month to give some money just for being somewhere that without my participation the town would be dead.
Anyway, ty for the info.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2012, 07:28:18 pm »
Hasan, I have a question.
Is a payment a requirement? If yes, at what amount? Once or each week?

Only for Visa's. If you're going to stay on a visa (temporary residency) It's 100$ a day. And you may also need a place to stay. So depending on the hotel (Most expensive one being 100$ a day as well) or you can bunk in with someone that already lives in the city (If they agree to it). Anything else?

I would like just to join a town without taxes. I really am against the idea of having in my mind every day/week/month to give some money just for being somewhere that without my participation the town would be dead.
Anyway, ty for the info.

Stuttgart does not run on taxes at all. It's unnecessary, and is a complete waste of our resources.
We are committed to high quality buildings, and society. Access to Stuttgart is only for the talented, or those who enjoy being part of a friendly community.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 07, 2012, 10:50:56 pm »
Started Work on West Side Roadways.. Here is a rough Location.

(click to show/hide)

McEwanMaster

• **In-game name gamingtwin711**
    • View Profile
    • Bataillon des Marins de la Garde - Vive L'empereur!
« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2012, 12:26:58 am »

(click to show/hide)
Good luck with clearing all that forest.  ;)
Hauptmann McEwan
Commander of the Stuttgart Armed Forces (SAF)

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,9850.0.html

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2012, 12:31:59 am »

(click to show/hide)
Good luck with clearing all that forest.  ;)
I clear forest all the time... It is easy
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2012, 07:10:23 am »
Yeah, Igenerator and I are already working on putting up some outposts to prevent more gypsy shacks sproutin' up.

Great work VoreReznor!
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Lema

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2012, 09:28:42 am »
How do you become part of the armed forces (after you have got citizenship).

McEwanMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2012, 11:03:38 am »
How do you become part of the armed forces (after you have got citizenship).

For now Hasan is in control of that so he'll decide what happens atm. I'm working on the official SAF page with an official application, so just do what Hasan asks you to for now, and I'll have the thread finished in no time.

Thank you for showing intrest in your city's armed forces!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:08:15 am by McEwanMaster »
Hauptmann McEwan

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2012, 12:31:17 pm »
How old are you?

How much time do you spend on smp.opticraft.net each week? 

An hour daily.

What timezone do you live in?

Whatever the united states is in

Have you ever been banned from opticraft.net?

No.

Have you read and Agreed to abide by all Stuttgart's laws?

I have read and agreed to abide the laws.

Do you live *Or have lived* in any other cities, If so please list them. 

Nope, I live alone

If you're no longer in another city, please tell us why.

Why do you want to become a citizen of Stuttgart?

I like big towns. I am looking for space to build a big spleef arena and shop.

Declined.

And as for the SAF, It will be published later on.
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Victor1261

« Reply #249 on: June 08, 2012, 06:13:20 pm »
I'll try and help with the clearing of the forest.

Status Update: I finished the tunneling portion with VoreReznor

Status Update: VoreReznor didn't want it to be a tunnel, so we removed the roof. I also bought some gravel, supplies for the road.

Status Update: Bought some more gravel and started building the actual thing. VoreReznor already laid out the outline (two gravel skip two). The status will tell you whether I'm currently working on it or not (Working/Stopped). Status: Stopped

How much have we completed? (In terms of pavement/gravel, not including yellow wool):

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:31:25 pm by Victor1261 »

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2012, 07:54:51 pm »
Remind me to give you a budget to work with. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Victor1261

« Reply #251 on: June 09, 2012, 05:52:27 pm »
I have noticed a problem with mobs randomly spawning around the city. It seems that if you go AFK on a street at night for a minutes or two. A mob will somehow sneak up on you and kill you. I lit up an grassy area directly across the street from my house, to stop them from spawning in that proximity. However, while I was walking around the city, and thank heavens I was carrying my diamond sword, a spider fell out of no where on top of me! I was wondering if it would be possible to add some more lighting to the city (redstone lamps level with the surface down dark alleys). I am also willing to remove the torches that I have placed upon request, even though they are not infringing upon anyone's property.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:54:30 pm by Victor1261 »

McEwanMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2012, 06:44:57 pm »
I have noticed a problem with mobs randomly spawning around the city. It seems that if you go AFK on a street at night for a minutes or two. A mob will somehow sneak up on you and kill you. I lit up an grassy area directly across the street from my house, to stop them from spawning in that proximity. However, while I was walking around the city, and thank heavens I was carrying my diamond sword, a spider fell out of no where on top of me! I was wondering if it would be possible to add some more lighting to the city (redstone lamps level with the surface down dark alleys). I am also willing to remove the torches that I have placed upon request, even though they are not infringing upon anyone's property.
Well, I think the real problem is, from your explanation, that the rooftops are not lit up, and therefore are perfect spawning grounds for hostile mobs. I know it kinda looks silly and unrealistic, but it would perhaps be more beneficial to place torches on the roofs.
Hauptmann McEwan

Victor1261

« Reply #253 on: June 09, 2012, 07:00:53 pm »
Well, I think the real problem is, from your explanation, that the rooftops are not lit up, and therefore are perfect spawning grounds for hostile mobs. I know it kinda looks silly and unrealistic, but it would perhaps be more beneficial to place torches on the roofs.

This is a very good conclusion, as the apartment building's roof is completely unlit, and my house is to the immediate right of it. I was walking in-between the two when the incident occurred.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2012, 08:41:44 pm »
Stuttgart's Lawbook is updated.

The Lawbook is aimed to be a fair collection of guidelines, and a set of rights that are granted, for and to everyone to prevent a hassle(In case mods, Admins or OP's were ever involved) if an issue arises.

The laws are supposed to grant Citizens & Governors rights in order for the city to function properly. The Lawbook will always be updated. And please keep in mind, that when you join the city, or if your name is on that roster, you automatically consent to these laws. (Of course,any new laws do not effect any actions that were done before certain laws are added into the law book).

If you disagree with any of these laws,  please Let me know of your opinion on them (If it's certain that these laws will not change, Please announce your dissociation with the city. by renouncing your citizenship/VISA.)

This section of the thread Contains all off Stuttgart's laws, in detail. It us absolutely necessary to read it all before joining the city. Any breach of the laws will be dealt with at our in game court, That will be held by a judge, and 3 jury members that will be elected by the citizens.
The laws of Stuttgart do not apply on those who did not join the city.
Any new laws added will have no effect on actions committed before the publishing of these new laws.

Code of conduct[1]:
1.1.1 Be respectful to everyone.
1.1.2 Conduct yourself in a professional and mature manner. This means that cursing, glitching, trolling, griefing, flaming, and name calling or other forms of fighting are not allowed.

1.1.3 Do not retaliate. Regardless of the situation, if something is done to you (ie Grief, insult, etc) you are not to retaliate, but are instead to inform the government (ONLY) and let them handle it. Anyone found retaliating will be dealt with in the same manner as the original offender.

1.1.4 If you catch anyone committing a crime (Anything against these laws) You are to warn them, and report it to a government offical (Regardless if the crimes is fixed or not) Otherwise the witness will be held just as guilty as the criminal, and will be punished in the same manner.

1.1.5 If you find what you think is grief, please do NOT report this to a moderator, or staff member. You are to report this to a government official. Let the government handle these kinds of issues, so there is never confusion.

In Foreign countries [1:2]
1.2.1 Obey the laws of the country in which you are a guest.
1.2.2 Let the citizens take care of the inner policy of the country where you are a guest; do not mix in these matters, even by way of conversation.
1.2.3 Identify yourself, to all, on all occasions, as a proud Citizen of Stuttgart.
1.2.4 Always speak and act on behalf of Stuttgart thus doing honor to Stuttgart. Be honest, honorable, fearless and loyal.
1.2.5 Look out for all your fellow Citizens. Give him a hand.

Ownership[2]:
2.1 The government has the right to unrestricted access to all property & protection in Stuttgart (Except for personal chests. Please see section 6 for exceptions to this rule)
2.2 You cannot own a space in the public mines, the public mines are strictly public.
2.3 You are not permitted to build anywhere without permission, if you want to build anything in the city (Including a certain project) you need explicit approvals on your project applications on the thread..
2.4.1 Anything you place in the city, or contribute IE: Donations, buildings, ect ect all belong to the government of the City of Stuttgart
2.4.2 The only exception to rule 2.4.1 would be items in your personal chest (Locked private chests)

Housing [3]:

3.1.1 All Residences in Stuttgart must be housed somewhere. (Bunking in with someone, renting, or owning a home)

Renting [3.2]
3.2.2 Residence are responsible for keeping track of their payments for rent. If they miss a payment, they must compensate for it in the next payment.
3.2.3 If a Resident decides to leave, he will not be refunded, and must leave before his previous rent expires.
3.2.4 If a Resident leaves he has 3 days to take his belongings, otherwise they will become the personal property of the landlord.

Eviction [3.3]
3.3.1 Apartment landlords are not permitted to evict anyone without a week's notice.
3.3.2 If a resident is evicted, he has a right to his/her belongings which must be kept safe by the landlord, in a secure storage unit.
3.3.3 The landlord cannot force the resident to leave, before the week's notice expires.

Murder [4]
4.1 The murder of any players, or town NPCs is COMPLETELY forbidden, and is punishable by banishment (and possible ban if it goes against Opticraft's rules)
4.2 Attempted murder of any player through a trap, fire, lava, or pit is punishable by a ban, and banishment from the city.

Construction [5]
5.1.1 Nether portals are absolutely forbidden (Unless surrounded in a safe room, underground, and protected by a stone.)
5.1.2 Protection stones are forbidden since the city will become subject to 'city protection'

Expulsion from the city [6]
(This section of the law overrules section 2.4.2)
Laws that are associated with expulsion from the City of Stuttgart.
Only Governors are allowed to expel individuals from the city.
Expulsion from the city is a process (To the exception of Section 6.2), When you are being expelled, the first step in this process is notification that you will be expelled. after 168 hours (7 days) of the notification, Laws 6.1.1 ,                      will take effect.
Definitions:
Inactivity: is defined as absence from the city (Being outside of Stuttgart territories for 2 weeks in a row)
Expulsion: Is defined as the revocation of a Citizen or VISA Status.
Successfully expelled: The stage after the completion of the expulsion process.
Individual: Any Citizen, VISA Holder, or SAF Member.

6.1 Inactivity
In the event where a Citizen or VISA holder becomes inactive for 2 weeks or more. The government may chose to expel the individual(s) from the city.

6.1.1 If an individual is Successfully expelled from Stuttgart due to inactivity all his/her rights to her/his belongings (Including private chests) are void, and become property belonging to the government.

6.1.2 The individual that will be facing expulsion due to inactivity will receive an in game & forum letter notifying them of their expulsion. The Individual will have the right to recover his items from his personal chest, for a duration of 168 hours after the notification is sent.

6.2 Breach of laws
In the event where a Citizen of VISA holder is expelled due to a breach of the Laws of Stuttgart (And/or Opticraft server rules).

6.2.1 If the individual is banned from the server & is expelled as a result, All rights to property is instantly revoked, including personal chests. The individual will receive a notification of the revocation of his old belongings.

6.2.2 The individual that will be facing expulsion due to a breach of law that did not result in a ban will receive an in game & forum letter notifying them of their expulsion. The Individual will have the right to recover his items from his personal chest, for a duration of 168 hours after the notification is sent (Only under supervision by the SAF or a government offical)  

6.2.3 If the individual is proven to have visiting Stuttgart but has not put forth any effort to recover his belongings (after the notification is sent), Section 6.2.2 will no longer take effect, and the expulsion will be completed.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 08:49:21 pm by Hasan (Tabooti) »
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء