April 28, 2024, 03:38:55 pm

Author Topic: Pretty annoyed..  (Read 2629 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Pretty annoyed..
« on: December 11, 2011, 09:50:22 am »
So this all started a couple of days ago, I was originaly going to rent a server from 3 different websites.
Then before I was going to buy from ServerCraft I searched on YouTube: ServerCraft.
It was a video saying that a website called MinecraftOn! was much better that ServerCraft, y'know, Fully Managed, Bukkit Support, Full Control, Control Panel, Remote Backups, Custom Subdomain, all that good stuff... boy was this a mistake.

So after waiting 4 days to sync my bank account with my paypal, I then needed to transfew funds over to my paypal, which would take another 3 days.
Once I had the money on my paypal account, I foolishly made the mistake of buying from MinecraftOn without even looking at reviews on this server host.

Heres a quote from there Knowledgebase: "Since each Minecraft server setup is unique and configured to your exact specifications, we ask that you allow up to 24 hours for your server to be set up, although most orders are set up much sooner. Once your server is ready you'll receive an email with all of the info you need to connect and play!" 3 days have passed, and still no email confirming the server.

Heres another quote: "It is our mission to be the best Minecraft server host for your money. Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority." I submited 2 support tickets, for what is suppost to be a '24/7 help support' I have not got any response.

So after looking around on the review webiste, I found that a really good hosting website is called: BeastNode.
They have 4 and a half stars for Support, Features, Performance, Price, Website, and uptime.
Plus its an instant setup.

So if anyone is looking for a server host, then DONT make the mistake i did.
Get a server from BeastNode.

Exox615

• Gathering dust
  • Iron bars
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty annoyed..
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 11:17:44 am »
Did you give them the right email address?
It looks like you are eligible to vote. Why have you not voted?!??

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 11:21:26 am »
So you went with Servercraft?

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 12:14:56 pm »
Yes I gave them the right email adress, because I got the Invoice emailed to me.

No I'm using BeastNode now.

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 07:29:46 pm »
How much was the server?

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 08:49:32 pm »
How much was the server?
Please don't necro post, instead ask him in a Private Message.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.