April 25, 2024, 05:48:55 pm

Author Topic: Time...  (Read 15605 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Time...
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2014, 04:06:31 am »
This topic is getting ridiculous. If you guys have suggestions for the server, please feel free to post them in new topics, hopefully with a full list of plugins needed etc.

If you just want to berate Nick and Tobs for not changing shit fast enough, then there is really no point posting. The message has been made, and they've already stated that as they don't yet have console access, they can change nothing.

not to mention that neither me nor tobs became admin to be in charge of the server and adding content to it.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2014, 04:14:16 am »
This topic is getting ridiculous. If you guys have suggestions for the server, please feel free to post them in new topics, hopefully with a full list of plugins needed etc.

If you just want to berate Nick and Tobs for not changing shit fast enough, then there is really no point posting. The message has been made, and they've already stated that as they don't yet have console access, they can change nothing.

This topic has been ridiculous since it started.
Again, I'll refer to my three favorite words, DEAL WITH IT

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2014, 04:49:24 am »
Figured I'd post here to clear a couple things up.

Firstly, and this should be obvious to all who've been around for awhile. I've lost interest in minecraft and have become quite busy with other things in life (honours, finishing college, fulltime job, looking for place to stay / house to buy, other hobbies). As a result, I can no longer spend time developing things for the server, so stuff has stalled hard.

Secondly, the lack of extra content is not because I "don't like" other peoples plugins. It simply the time issue. The fact we have less plugins and have a large plugin of our own has more to do with quality control / bugs, then it does to do with time or my perceived dislike of other peoples work. I welcome additional plugins not written by myself being added.

Third - I have, as of today, unrelated to this topic, given Tobs & Nick console access, which in time would at the very least empower them to make changes to improve things, however as Nick said, this is not necessarily why they became admins, so don't expect it of them. However, at the very least, they have the opportunity to do so.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2014, 06:01:50 am »
Figured I'd post here to clear a couple things up.

Firstly, and this should be obvious to all who've been around for awhile. I've lost interest in minecraft and have become quite busy with other things in life (honours, finishing college, fulltime job, looking for place to stay / house to buy, other hobbies). As a result, I can no longer spend time developing things for the server, so stuff has stalled hard.

Secondly, the lack of extra content is not because I "don't like" other peoples plugins. It simply the time issue. The fact we have less plugins and have a large plugin of our own has more to do with quality control / bugs, then it does to do with time or my perceived dislike of other peoples work. I welcome additional plugins not written by myself being added.

Third - I have, as of today, unrelated to this topic, given Tobs & Nick console access, which in time would at the very least empower them to make changes to improve things, however as Nick said, this is not necessarily why they became admins, so don't expect it of them. However, at the very least, they have the opportunity to do so.

gg

And the first paragraph hit me right in the feels.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2014, 06:24:03 am »
While this thread is still unlocked, I thought I'd add a few things.
I used to be on the same bandwagon with the whole "Opticraft is dying, give us new stuff" thing, but I'm long over that.
It could be my lack of activity for the server anymore, and in fact, that's what's enabled me to see things from a whole different angle. I look at Opticraft now and see a tight community of people who still care for the server, so much so that they're starting to worry too much about players they don't have, and not about the people that are still around them.

Opticraft isn't the only server being affected, believe it or not. It could be partly because of little new content being added, but a much larger percent of the issue revolves around Survival servers themselves. Plugins are growing, new servers are arising, and people no longer feel that Survival servers are "hip and cool", and rather turn their attention to mini game servers and PvP.

Optical, it's good to hear that you've given Nick and Tobs that console access. I agree this doesn't necessarily give them some magical key to change the server and bring in 1000's of players, but it will help any future things planned.

All in all, be thankful that we still have this community. If not growing, staying together at least.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2014, 11:50:47 pm »
We can also try increasing voting rewards. Maybe throw in like 50$-100$ each vote.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

FrostyStorms

• *STAY FROSTY*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 05:14:13 am »
I have a great idea, why don't we create a new opticraft mini game server similar to woodysgamertags woodycraft but have some of the same games and we can create new game types. However the only people that should be allowed to submit game type ideas are the moderators and operators. Also we can create a jack pot system like gambling where you bet money for a certain reward still keeping opticrafts roots in place. It would spice things up! Opticalza make it happen please!
 :) ;D ::)

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2014, 05:23:16 am »
only people that should be allowed to submit game type ideas are the moderators and operators.
That's called Communism

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 05:28:00 am »
only people that should be allowed to submit game type ideas are the moderators and operators.
That's called Communism
Nope, Fascism.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2014, 05:38:33 am »
That's called Communism
Nope, Fascism.
Pretty much the same thing

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2014, 10:32:50 am »
That's called Communism
Nope, Fascism.
Communism and facism are not i repeat not the same thing. Ones about the illegally division of rations and poverty and the other is about autocracy and dictatorship

Hola.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2014, 12:11:49 pm »
That's called Communism
Nope, Fascism.
Communism and facism are not i repeat not the same thing. Ones about the illegally division of rations and poverty and the other is about autocracy and dictatorship

The only thing you're right about is that they're not the same thing.

There is nothing illegal about Communism and it has definitely nothing to do with poverty.
Fascism is an ultra rightwing political ideology and a form of totalitarianism.
Communism is an ultra leftwing ideology that is based on a classless society. Communism comes from the Latin word communis, which means "shared" or "belong to all".

Clearly Autocracy, dictatorship and Fascism don't mix well with Communism.

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2014, 02:04:12 pm »
Since this topic is beginning to sound irrelevant and out of context, I'll just lock this right here.
Divert future suggestions into the appropriate board.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:45:16 pm by Wone »