April 18, 2024, 12:58:33 pm

Author Topic: Time...  (Read 15567 times)

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
Re: Time...
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 02:14:40 pm »
I think we all can at least agree we need to do something, Wether it be a suggestion or not.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:16:40 pm by andersad »
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 03:35:33 pm »
Agreed, Something has to happen. And someone either isn't caring enough about it. Or is to stuborn to do anything. I know there are limitation, but just leaving the elephant in the room, isn't clearing up any floor space.

Start listening to suggestions. try them out. at this rate its going to die. Mojang is to busy with their 2 new games to care about mine craft as much. So we have to make it what we can.
Vanilla sucks okay. its dull boring. and way to easy. the most you can do is build something cool. But what happened to hours working towards a goal, a stat to say hey I have more (...) then you do! what happened to redstone innovations. what happened to creating new ways to do things. With the currant way the server is. its grinding iron/ gold selling it. and building things that no one will ever see/Building cities that will never be occupied.  People can "Live" in as many cities as they want, but its not truly living there.

I know Optical doesn't like other people's plugins. but maybe, just maybe. He can put his pride aside and do what's best for the community.

Maybe take a took at mod packs, take a look at interesting mods. take a look at adventure maps, and creative server idea's. Opti was build on classic, the precursor to creative. Yet the server that sprouted from it. Is anything but easy to build what you want.

No one WANTS to grind for hours on end to maybe have enough wool to finish their project.
No one WANTS to grind for hours to have a shit ton of money that you can't do anything with.
NO ON WANTS!!! A plain smp server anymore, its god damn boring as hell and if you can't see it. Then there is a serious problem that needs addressing.

There I said it. I'm not afraid to either, this goes for Nick as well. all of the suggestions that I have seen recently have been instantly shot down. DO SOMETHING!!!!
Thanks for calling me out on this, now ill go and magically add plugins and stuff to the server using the console access that i don't have.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

MW3_587786

• View Profile
    • My youtube page
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 08:33:09 pm »
We need something new to happen, not just the same old stuff. I'm getting bored stiff with things being the way they are. We need CHANGE!

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 09:05:30 pm »
We need something new to happen, not just the same old stuff. I'm getting bored stiff with things being the way they are. We need CHANGE!

Agreed, Something has to happen. And someone either isn't caring enough about it. Or is to stuborn to do anything. I know there are limitation, but just leaving the elephant in the room, isn't clearing up any floor space.

Start listening to suggestions. try them out. at this rate its going to die. Mojang is to busy with their 2 new games to care about mine craft as much. So we have to make it what we can.
Vanilla sucks okay. its dull boring. and way to easy. the most you can do is build something cool. But what happened to hours working towards a goal, a stat to say hey I have more (...) then you do! what happened to redstone innovations. what happened to creating new ways to do things. With the currant way the server is. its grinding iron/ gold selling it. and building things that no one will ever see/Building cities that will never be occupied.  People can "Live" in as many cities as they want, but its not truly living there.

I know Optical doesn't like other people's plugins. but maybe, just maybe. He can put his pride aside and do what's best for the community.

Maybe take a took at mod packs, take a look at interesting mods. take a look at adventure maps, and creative server idea's. Opti was build on classic, the precursor to creative. Yet the server that sprouted from it. Is anything but easy to build what you want.

No one WANTS to grind for hours on end to maybe have enough wool to finish their project.
No one WANTS to grind for hours to have a shit ton of money that you can't do anything with.
NO ON WANTS!!! A plain smp server anymore, its god damn boring as hell and if you can't see it. Then there is a serious problem that needs addressing.

There I said it. I'm not afraid to either, this goes for Nick as well. all of the suggestions that I have seen recently have been instantly shot down. DO SOMETHING!!!!
Thanks for calling me out on this, now ill go and magically add plugins and stuff to the server using the console access that i don't have.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Zezenov

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 09:48:14 pm »
I'm so tired of posts about people leaving the server and how Opticraft is going downhill. I wish the people who post these would realize that their threads are pointless and actually have a negative effect and sour the mood on the forums. If you have some interest in enhancing the community, maybe you should actually do something instead of just complaining about it.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:06:19 pm by Zezenov »

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 10:24:00 pm »

I know you don't have console access, but you do have influence on what does happen. Your one of 2 admins the people that run the server for Optical. You have more power then some trusted or member saying they want something. I know you spent hours on spawns and getting the server ready for players.

I'm simply saying something has to be done. if it takes some poking and prodding then so be it. But if nothing is done, then all of that hard work. isn't going to matter is it??? What happened to the Nick I knew, the one that pressured optical for an SMP server, the one that was adamant about the player base. The Nick that was there before SMP was even a thing. You've changed Nick... I miss the Nick that pushed to make Opticraft special, not just show up once in a while not say a word, then logg off.

I realize that school is taking up a massive chunk of your life. I understand that, it happens. Please don't take it as ridicule and hate, I don't mean that. and its hard to put it into words without it sounding harsh.
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 11:55:35 pm »

I know you don't have console access, but you do have influence on what does happen. Your one of 2 admins the people that run the server for Optical. You have more power then some trusted or member saying they want something. I know you spent hours on spawns and getting the server ready for players.

I'm simply saying something has to be done. if it takes some poking and prodding then so be it. But if nothing is done, then all of that hard work. isn't going to matter is it??? What happened to the Nick I knew, the one that pressured optical for an SMP server, the one that was adamant about the player base. The Nick that was there before SMP was even a thing. You've changed Nick... I miss the Nick that pushed to make Opticraft special, not just show up once in a while not say a word, then logg off.

I realize that school is taking up a massive chunk of your life. I understand that, it happens. Please don't take it as ridicule and hate, I don't mean that. and its hard to put it into words without it sounding harsh.
this is such an ignorant post it's ridiculous, optical is busy with real life and doesn't really have time for the server anymore, what do you want me to do about it? You have no idea what goes on between us admins and optical and you have no idea how things work. Saying I changed doesn't help anything all it does is just show how uninformed you are about what is going on. Maybe instead of making baseless claims like that you could give some idea on how to change. It's so easy to say hey we need change and then pin the fault of no change on others.

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 12:04:57 am »
We understand nick, the server should wait until there i just one lone wolf then should we ty and bring out the suggestions.Maybe this can be stored away as an action plan for when the server starts to flop

Hola.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 12:12:28 am »

this is such an ignorant post it's ridiculous, optical is busy with real life and doesn't really have time for the server anymore, what do you want me to do about it? You have no idea what goes on between us admins and optical and you have no idea how things work. Saying I changed doesn't help anything all it does is just show how uninformed you are about what is going on. Maybe instead of making baseless claims like that you could give some idea on how to change. It's so easy to say hey we need change and then pin the fault of no change on others.
Do you agree we need to do something though Nick? Cause with where we are heading, in a few months, all players will pretty much get bored and leave all the staff. Is that what you want?

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2014, 01:05:32 am »
We understand nick, the server should wait until there i just one lone wolf then should we ty and bring out the suggestions.Maybe this can be stored away as an action plan for when the server starts to flop

Not sure if serious suggestion or sarcastic asshole-ish comment...
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 03:39:37 am »

Vanilla sucks okay. its dull boring. and way to easy. the most you can do is build something cool. But what happened to hours working towards a goal, a stat to say hey I have more (...) then you do! what happened to redstone innovations. what happened to creating new ways to do things. With the currant way the server is. its grinding iron/ gold selling it. and building things that no one will ever see/Building cities that will never be occupied.  People can "Live" in as many cities as they want, but its not truly living there.

Do you agree we need to do something though Nick? Cause with where we are heading, in a few months, all players will pretty much get bored and leave all the staff. Is that what you want?
Yes i agree, however I have can't change anything. It also doesn't help that I have much more important stuff to worry about outside of the video game world.

Edit:
Even once me and tobs get console access what do you expect to change? You'll basically have 2 people who have never ran a minecraft server before running the server. Maybe we can make it better, maybe we cant, it's not an easy thing to do.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:42:37 am by Nick3306 »

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 03:48:50 am »
Shit happens, deal with it. Stuff changes. Sure it's gone downhill, but what are you gonna do about it? You really can't do anything, and we're just at a low time. We'll start to slowly progress more players as time goes on. You really can't blame anyone on this, or yell at the admins to do something as it's just something you simply cannot stop. Deal. With. It.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 03:49:00 am »
Find a dev. They will help since when or if you guys got console access, it would make things easier and you wouldn't end up brain dead sitting here trying to figure everything out while there are things you should be doing Outside of the video gaming world.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 03:53:38 am »
Find a dev. They will help since when or if you guys got console access, it would make things easier and you wouldn't end up brain dead sitting here trying to figure everything out while there are things you should be doing Outside of the video gaming world.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 04:04:33 am »
This topic is getting ridiculous. If you guys have suggestions for the server, please feel free to post them in new topics, hopefully with a full list of plugins needed etc.

If you just want to berate Nick and Tobs for not changing shit fast enough, then there is really no point posting. The message has been made, and they've already stated that as they don't yet have console access, they can change nothing.