April 18, 2024, 02:00:28 pm

Author Topic: Tapatalk Community Reader For Opticraft  (Read 3801 times)

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
Tapatalk Community Reader For Opticraft
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:35:31 am »
Tapatalk is a community forum reader where you can install the app on your Android/iPhone/& even BlackBerry10 and BlackBerry OS and manage your posts, create topics, Edit them and browse the forum in a mobile like feel.
Tapatalk almost works with every forum machine including Opticraft's Simple Machines.
Adding the plug in to the forums is free and it only takes 15 minutes to do so.

I find Tapatalk useful for those who are trying to access the forums from a Smartphone,it is also useful for forum mods to access and manage their work on mobile device using wifi or a data service.

It is also annoying when you are using a desktop site on a 4.3" display, I hope you understand.

Here's a link for the plugin.
http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Tapatalk Community Reader For Opticraft
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 12:16:20 pm »
To be honest I don't have much problem with using the desktop forum layout on my iPod in safari. It can be resized and is what I'm used to. I don't really like the idea of a third party app, which doesn't really sound as secure as the browser method. Not saying it isn't trusted but apps like that can easily post or take your details without you knowing. Not convinced that it's worth looking into.

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 01:58:07 pm »
To be honest I don't have much problem with using the desktop forum layout on my iPod in safari. It can be resized and is what I'm used to. I don't really like the idea of a third party app, which doesn't really sound as secure as the browser method. Not saying it isn't trusted but apps like that can easily post or take your details without you knowing. Not convinced that it's worth looking into.
Don't worry it is safe and 100% secure since it uses opticraft's servers to verify accounts and stuff like that.
Tapatalk is rated 4 stars on iOS
Rated 5 stars 43k+ times on android
And rated 5 stars on BlackBerry World.
It is also powered by Amazon Web services. I've been using it for a year and I have no problem with it.
I've been using it with Android Central and Crackberry. There is also no disadvantage about using it, it's like having an Opticraft Forums FREE app for mobile phones.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 02:22:31 pm »
Its 4.2 stars on Android.

Anyway  it is secure. However, IMO, it is terrible.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:32:45 pm »
I'm with Tobs here. I use the forums daily on chrome with no problems. I've seen taptalk adverts on forums before and they were quite intrusive in my opinion.

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 03:47:28 pm »
Its 4.2 stars on Android.

Anyway  it is secure. However, IMO, it is terrible.
That's why I said it is rated 5 stars 43k+ times

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 05:15:39 pm »
I was unaware of it's popularity, but I still don't really see the need for it. These forums, at most times, are fairly quiet so if people want to check they can have a quick look through a browser. I think it would work better somewhere where there are lots of discussions at one point, or if there were more discussions here.

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 08:00:30 pm »
I was unaware of it's popularity, but I still don't really see the need for it. These forums, at most times, are fairly quiet so if people want to check they can have a quick look through a browser. I think it would work better somewhere where there are lots of discussions at one point, or if there were more discussions here.
That is what I am trying to get.
More discussions and more players.
Tapatalk owners can simply search the database for Mine craft and BOOM opticraft comes out, therefore he joins the community

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 09:33:54 pm »
That is what I am trying to get.
More discussions and more players.
Tapatalk owners can simply search the database for Mine craft and BOOM opticraft comes out, therefore he joins the community
Ya well until our registration gets fixed, no one is going to be joining.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 05:53:38 pm »

That's why I said it is rated 5 stars 43k+ times
Internet can lie you know....