May 01, 2024, 04:01:24 pm

Author Topic: Verification Passwords  (Read 1669 times)

Ozzyisleaf

• So, you out for that dance?
    • View Profile
Verification Passwords
« on: November 09, 2013, 03:26:45 pm »
Verification is a plugin where people have to verify that they are them. So like if someone stole an account, and they would want to get in, they wouldn't be able to because they don't have a verification password. This would be optional having the setting being able to be turned on and off by mod+ and the person. It would also be in affect for trusted only. This would reduce account theft on opticraft. And believe it or not, i actually know a couple people who would LOVE to have this.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Verification Passwords
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 04:38:27 pm »
I don't think it should be down to us to protect your account. If you stay safe on the internet, run virus scans and don't fall for scams that might steal passwords then you should be fine. Also it might be worth Migrating your Minecraft account if you haven't done so already. It can further protect your account as you need an email address to login and security questions to change your passwords etc.

As for the plugin itself, it's a decent idea but I haven't really seen any big problems as of yet with people having accounts taken. If it does happen it might only happen to limited amounts of people, and there's not a lot people can do (if anything) that cannot be fixed. And as said before, it is your account so it is your responsibility and if you keep it safe there will not be any reasons for problems.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Verification Passwords
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 05:37:32 pm »
I only see this necessary for cracked(offline) servers, not online only servers.

---><--- Click the monkey