April 27, 2024, 08:50:04 pm

Author Topic: Market Update  (Read 54653 times)

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Market Update
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2013, 04:30:35 pm »
I should add that those of us who spent a ton of hours and moneys making our farms did not set ourselves up for this. Rather, Nick set us up for this.

Ok, lets look at melons and pumpkins. They got out of hand. They were removed from the market...

Cacti... removed from market slightly before it got out of hand, but it was expected to get out of hand. Removed.

Hmm... What is the next farmable thing to move to... Sugarcane? Nah. Too cheap in the market. Only remaining thing is iron and gold. History showed that the farming of the other things were getting out of hand. Twice. So why were gold and iron ingots left in the marketplace when it was obvious that they'd be the next big farmed thing? We weren't setting ourselves up for this. The admins did. They waited until we put tons of effort into these farms, and now the items are being taken out of the market. This wouldn't be a big deal if iron and gold ingots were removed from the very start when it's obvious that people would move to farming them. And of course, this decisions so thinks of the player, right? Nah. More like the staff just doing what they want.
This is the biggest piece of psychological BS that I have ever seen.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2013, 04:32:03 pm »
Nick set us up
Cute, but he really didn't. We (aka staff/"the problem") litteraly watched as dozens of you built ridiculous, ugly, fun-ruining, golem-murdering farms to make money. Which basically made the whole point of the market go to complete shit. Idk the exact numbers but you know youd make hundreds upon thousands of dollars a day by making the iron farm just to brag about how your high you are on baltop. Which isnt the point of the game in the slightest bit.

I'm glad there are people who understand the point of Minecraft (:
I would like to ask:

Does anyone on opticraft use an iron farm but then spend the money they make from it on blocks to build cool stuff? Because if you do, you have your condolences. This is the last thing you needed. For everyone else, you had your fun, now get to building.
That's what I need to know; if they actually use the money to build instead of to brag or as status

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2013, 05:51:48 pm »
golem-murdering farms

The murder is the worst part.
Think of the families in tears because their sons/daughters/fathers/mothers/etc have been killed.
Shame on you all.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2013, 10:11:40 pm »
I would like to put in my two cents.

This topic has seen much, pointless bickering.

Sure, it's alright to say what you have to say, and go ahead. But getting in arguments is a giant waste of time. Just calm down. Unless you provide a 110% valid reason to get Nick to change his mind, there is no point trying. Just calm down, and accept the fact that there will be no more hours on end of constant AFK'ing to get rich enough to basically make yourself have creative mode with the market.

Coming from a players, not staff, perspective, I find this bittersweet. I was 95% done with making an iron and gold farm, and I blew all of my cash to do this. All I would have done with the money was buy items to build new community projects. I never would have AFK'ed, I would have logged off whenever I left my computer.

The good thing is, all of the players who would stand still 24/7, and even use modifications to keep their player ingame as they went to work/school or slept will now be in disarray, and they will not handle their money well, and they will lose themselves from the /baltop. This will become an inch closer to a normal survival server, and I like that.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2013, 10:55:40 pm »
Unless you provide a 110% valid reason to get Nick to change his mind, there is no point trying.

Even if we did present a valid reason, Nick wouldn't care. He's the server dictator pretty much.

Best griefer name ^

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2013, 10:58:51 pm »
Unless you provide a 110% valid reason to get Nick to change his mind, there is no point trying.

Even if we did present a valid reason, Nick wouldn't care. He's the server dictator pretty much.
What, did you expect a democracy? And really, I dont understand why youre so upset. Its just a game...if the way this server works pisses you off, no one is forcing you to stay here.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2013, 11:14:26 pm »

What I mean by valid is a reason good enough for Nick to reconsider his actions.

jacobthebest1

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2013, 11:44:04 pm »
I think the change is for the best of the server, even though it means that people (Like me) Cant be lazy and get money at the same time.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2013, 12:36:58 am »

If you weren't blind you would be able to see most of staff and a good portion of members support this decision. But I have learned to expect this ignorance out of you by now. Now leave like you said because no one wants to listen to your ignorant comments.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2013, 01:05:08 am »
Today, if you invent a better mousetrap, the government comes along with a better mouse.
-ronald reagan

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2013, 01:10:57 am »

If you weren't blind you would be able to see most of staff and a good portion of members support this decision. But I have learned to expect this ignorance out of you by now. Now leave like you said because no one wants to listen to your ignorant comments.
Honestly I agree with everything he says and enjoy listening to him, but dont agree with how he is reacting to it.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2013, 01:28:37 am »

Honestly I agree with everything he says and enjoy listening to him, but dont agree with how he is reacting to it.
Hes not even arguing the removal anymore, he is just bashing me/staff now, it's pathetic.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
  • I Build to live, And I live to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2013, 03:07:56 am »
Hey Nick way to ruin life. I tease. Lets start off by saying "Damn, This has been a fun journey reading the sheer unfiltered stupidity that flows from the minds of some of you all, and the staff using calm cool responses to return what I see as ass kicking return swings. Way to be the bigger people here, If i still were staff I cant say I would have been polite to all you who bash people who don't get paid to put up with your shit. The staff is kick ass. Chief (there are more people who deserve this too so throw yourselves into the mix) You are king of DumbAss city. Its cool tho, no offense
See what I did right there. I made everything OK by saying no offense. Staff your killing it(in the good way). To all those complaining about the injustice do me a favor(In the words of my father the day my parrot died) Cry me a river, Build a bridge, And for the love of god get the fuck over it. This is a game. You shouldn't have an emotional downturn because a rule in a game changed. And back to Chief, You argue with the single most stupid points I have ever had the misfortune of reading. This is still a game. I pity what your life must be if your whole mindset is focused on the money you wont be making from the life you have built ingame.

That is just a short from my mind. I might compose a detailed list of why i think staff is awesome, and why a select few others should probably find a new hobby

With Love
Weirauch

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2013, 04:54:13 am »
Hey Nick way to ruin life. I tease. Lets start off by saying "Damn, This has been a fun journey reading the sheer unfiltered stupidity that flows from the minds of some of you all, and the staff using calm cool responses to return what I see as ass kicking return swings. Way to be the bigger people here, If i still were staff I cant say I would have been polite to all you who bash people who don't get paid to put up with your shit. The staff is kick ass. Chief (there are more people who deserve this too so throw yourselves into the mix) You are king of DumbAss city. Its cool tho, no offense
See what I did right there. I made everything OK by saying no offense. Staff your killing it(in the good way). To all those complaining about the injustice do me a favor(In the words of my father the day my parrot died) Cry me a river, Build a bridge, And for the love of god get the fuck over it. This is a game. You shouldn't have an emotional downturn because a rule in a game changed. And back to Chief, You argue with the single most stupid points I have ever had the misfortune of reading. This is still a game. I pity what your life must be if your whole mindset is focused on the money you wont be making from the life you have built ingame.

That is just a short from my mind. I might compose a detailed list of why i think staff is awesome, and why a select few others should probably find a new hobby

With Love
Weirauch

Not having an emotional downturn. Just pissed that this server that I spent many hours on has just gone down like this because of how the rules have repeatedly changed for the worse.

Some people here would have used the money made off of farms for building cool things, since they would have the money necessary to fund their projects.
Speaking of projects, people here have built the coolest stuff, but not everyone is about building the coolest looking stuff. I saw one player who posted his mining achievements in the forums a couple times. He mined hundreds of diamonds, and tons of other incredibly high amounts of resources. I'm hoping he wasn't using Xray, and his statement was that he was a terrible builder and wanted to show off what he did well, which was mining. In my case, and probably in the case of many others, we prefer our building achievements to be more for function. For people like me, it isn't about building the best looking, but rather taking the game mechanics as far as they'll go, and building something productive and functional, and making it large. When I see the large farm systems some people make, I'm just amazed by how neat it all is with the intricate redstone systems, the size of the farm collection system itself, etc. In this case I was hoping to build one of the largest gold farms on the server, and a few other larger functional systems, but now I really have no reason to build any of them because they would serve no purpose, and it hasn't been until after spending countless hours on all of this stuff that the function of the things I have spent building have become fairly useless.

Best griefer name ^

shortgeorgeee

• \
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2013, 06:42:35 am »
I didnt want to get involved but I would just like to point out that this is a VIDEO GAME, your all get so pissed about. There's never been any sort of Guarantee that things would never be taken out of the market, you are all acting very immature about  something which really isn't the end of the world.
previous account: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php?action=profile;u=24282
I forgot my password and couldn't recover it ok,