May 10, 2024, 09:22:05 am

Author Topic: Market Update  (Read 54767 times)

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
Re: Market Update
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2013, 04:48:40 pm »

Oh, and having players donate to get money (which they have been able to do for a long time) is good because that money keeps the server running.

As I stated before I have nothing against donations or rewards for those donations like disguises, /homes etc. which indeed can help keep the server running but not ingame money. People could buy their way to the top which is unfair.

I guess we could agree to disagree on this last point?  ;)

You do realize in order to "buy your way to the top" you have to donate at least $420, real money mind you, to pass the current richest person...

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2013, 05:13:27 pm »
You do realize in order to "buy your way to the top" you have to donate at least $420, real money mind you, to pass the current richest person...

And you do realize that for some people that amount means nothing at all but for others it's more than they make in a month....

That's why it's so unfair.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2013, 05:23:30 pm »

And you do realize that for some people that amount means nothing at all but for others it's more than they make in a month....

You're coming across as "Ugh, it's so unfair that someone who pays to run a server each month has the cheek to reward players who help him pay"

You have to remember that this is a game. Sure, I'd love to be top of the real life /baltop, but here..? There is no reward for being the top and I think you may be more driven by your own opinion than the whole server, 99% who have no concern about not being #1.

Hell, I'd thank anyone who donated for that money, they're keeping the server I play on alive.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2013, 05:28:38 pm »

First off, it's very unlikely that they'd put that money towards a Minecraft server just to be the richest. (Also, if somebody is making only $420 a month, you have other concerns than playing Minecraft more than likely tbh).

Secondly, if this unlikely hypothetical situation were to actually happen, that's money towards the server. Not selfish way to be the richest. Also, if some rich guy does come along and donates that kind of money for Opti, that's his prerogative; who's gonna be like "Man, so unfair that rich guy is keeping the server alive. :/"

Thirdly, if the money gap is a "big and unfair difference" and nobody else has ever complained about it, then it's not a "big problem".
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:31:19 pm by UnknownHedgehog »

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2013, 06:07:58 pm »

You're coming across as "Ugh, it's so unfair that someone who pays to run a server each month has the cheek to reward players who help him pay"

You have to remember that this is a game. Sure, I'd love to be top of the real life /baltop, but here..? There is no reward for being the top and I think you may be more driven by your own opinion than the whole server, 99% who have no concern about not being #1.

Hell, I'd thank anyone who donated for that money, they're keeping the server I play on alive.

First off, it's very unlikely that they'd put that money towards a Minecraft server just to be the richest. (Also, if somebody is making only $420 a month, you have other concerns than playing Minecraft more than likely tbh).

Secondly, if this unlikely hypothetical situation were to actually happen, that's money towards the server. Not selfish way to be the richest. Also, if some rich guy does come along and donates that kind of money for Opti, that's his prerogative; who's gonna be like "Man, so unfair that rich guy is keeping the server alive. :/"

You guys probably missed this:

As I stated before I have nothing against donations or rewards for those donations like disguises, /homes etc. which indeed can help keep the server running but not ingame money. People could buy their way to the top which is unfair.

And this:

Again, I don't mean to offend anyone with my opinion.
- I enjoy playing on this server very much!
- I try to help other players, try to teach them how the game works and I still learn stuff myself.
- I don't buy from anyone, I don't sell to anyone, I'm completely selfsupporting (that means mining every block I use myself).
- I think the economy on this server is a joke.
- As long as there is a market, the term "survival" is a joke.
- As the situation is now, if someone would want to get near nr.1 on /baltop, the only proper way to get there is to build farms and sell directly to the market (which I do not do, as mentioned).
- The minigame /baltop, which a lot of people like a lot, will become a joke from the moment iron and gold are removed without wiping /baltop for a new start.

In other words; I don't care about the monetary system at all. I just think the changes are unfair to players who do care.

Thirdly, if the money gap is a "big and unfair difference" and nobody else has ever complained about it, then it's not a "big problem".

In that case there's no need to remove iron and gold....is there?  ;)

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2013, 06:45:07 pm »

In other words; I don't care about the monetary system at all. I just think the changes are unfair to players who do care.

The majority of the people who've commented in this thread do care about the monetary system and agree to this change. Not to be rude, but since you don't care about the monetary system, don't buy/sell at the market, and don't use farms, how does this effect you when, as said before, the majority of others agree to the change?

Actually, that arose from people getting rich by afking at farms; not because they're getting rich in general.
It's not like if somebody got rich from other means (like mining) that'd meaning mining is not allowed, and as mentioned before, nobody's complaining that other people are richer than them (that's just a fact of life). It's how they got rich.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2013, 07:18:33 pm »
whats even the point of all this.... nick has made his mind up lol

just lock this, its pointless to talk about

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2013, 07:19:30 pm »
In that case there's no need to remove iron and gold....is there?  ;)

Simple fact is that it's been done and there's nothing you can do. Suck it up and continue playing without it

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2013, 07:39:15 pm »
whats even the point of all this.... nick has made his mind up lol

just lock this, its pointless to talk about

More posts Will be made and it's better contained in one post..

The selfie that made nick change spawn.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2013, 07:44:27 pm »

The majority of the people who've commented in this thread do care about the monetary system and agree to this change. Not to be rude, but since you don't care about the monetary system, don't buy/sell at the market, and don't use farms, how does this effect you when, as said before, the majority of others agree to the change?

Actually, that arose from people getting rich by afking at farms; not because they're getting rich in general.
It's not like if somebody got rich from other means (like mining) that'd meaning mining is not allowed, and as mentioned before, nobody's complaining that other people are richer than them (that's just a fact of life). It's how they got rich.

It doesn't affect me at all

and

I already explained about the farms, the afk-ing (which is in fact the real problem) etc etc.....but you guys don't seem to read any of it.  :)

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2013, 07:45:54 pm »
If it doesn't affect you contain your self...

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2013, 07:47:37 pm »
Simple fact is that it's been done and there's nothing you can do. Suck it up and continue playing without it

It doesn't affect me so there's nothing for me to suck up.
It's just a damn shame for those who are affected by this.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2013, 07:51:32 pm »

Don't you worry about me, Danielle.  ;)
It's just that when I see injustice, I try to defend the ones being wronged.

As I said a few times before, no offence meant to anyone.  :)

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2013, 07:56:10 pm »

Don't you worry about me, Danielle.  ;)
It's just that when I see injustice, I try to defend the ones being wronged.

As I said a few times before, no offence meant to anyone.  :)

Don't call me danielle -.-

Nicks mind isn't going to be changed so your wasting your time to be honest

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2013, 08:02:18 pm »
It's just a damn shame for those who are affected by this.
Those affected by this quite simply set themselves up. If I were you, I'd stop arguing; and unless you can come up with a 110% legitimate reason this shouldn't continue, stop instigating this debate since it's clearly not going anywhere.
IG - @oem_moses