May 10, 2024, 08:20:38 pm

Author Topic: Market Update  (Read 54776 times)

tankermide

• it's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Market Update
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2013, 08:39:36 am »
Well, I guess I'll say something now.
I myself, have spent many hours on my iron farm.  I have also made a large amount of money from the farm.
You would not know it bye looking at my /bal b/c one reason.  I love helping others.  I give most of my money away, I currently have $1.  I log so many hours on this game to make sure everyone has the best experience they can have.  I spend a lot of time trying to roll back old guest b/c i hear thats what ppl want.  Of the last 19 hrs or so of playing, I probably spent about 20 mins actually building or playing for myself.  So to sit here and read all these comments bashing staff got me a little heated.  We do not get paid, and we are here for the best interest of the guest, members, and trusted players.  So if you think the staff is out to ruin your exp, then I am truly sorry you feel that way.  I believe this decision will greatly improve Opticraft as a whole.  Keep up the good work Nick. 

And this is where I will break down why I support this decision.

1.) there is a ridiculous amount of money on this server.
     a.)  The market was put in place as a last resort to sell to, or buy from.  Thats why the buy price is really high, and the sell price is very low.  Trading w/ others was always the priority. (correct me if I'm wrong Nick)
     b.)  Thats why I think the farms exploited the original intent of the market.
     c.)  By selling to the market, only more money is being poured into the economy (like printing bills w/out the resources to back it up)
     d.)  The countermeasure to the "new money" is no were near strong enough to keep up. (the lottery)
2.) You say you want to compete to be /baltop1, heres your chance, step up your game and EARN it.  There are countless ways to earn money that doesn't involve having MC in the background as you watch TV and tap spacebar ever 5 mins... If you like competition, then compete for it.  AFKing is not competition...
3.) 

It's not like Nick said "hold my beer, I'm gonna take ingots off the market."  He spent a lot of time in this decision and the staff channel debated it with him there and offline.  I guess what I'm trying to say is.  Feel free to give your opinion. but do it with at least a shred of respect.  I think Nick showed respect by hearing everyone out, but instead ppl are shitting on him for making a move WE feel is best for the server.

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2013, 08:46:23 am »
Well, I guess I'll say something now.
I myself, have spent many hours on my iron farm.  I have also made a large amount of money from the farm.
You would not know it bye looking at my /bal b/c one reason.  I love helping others.  I give most of my money away, I currently have $1.  I log so many hours on this game to make sure everyone has the best experience they can have.  I spend a lot of time trying to roll back old guest b/c i hear thats what ppl want.  Of the last 19 hrs or so of playing, I probably spent about 20 mins actually building or playing for myself.  So to sit here and read all these comments bashing staff got me a little heated.  We do not get paid, and we are here for the best interest of the guest, members, and trusted players.  So if you think the staff is out to ruin your exp, then I am truly sorry you feel that way.  I believe this decision will greatly improve Opticraft as a whole.  Keep up the good work Nick. 

And this is where I will break down why I support this decision.

1.) there is a ridiculous amount of money on this server.
     a.)  The market was put in place as a last resort to sell to, or buy from.  Thats why the buy price is really high, and the sell price is very low.  Trading w/ others was always the priority. (correct me if I'm wrong Nick)
     c.)  By selling to the market, only more money is being poured into the economy (like printing bills w/out the resources to back it up)
     d.)  The countermeasure to the "new money" is no were near strong enough to keep up. (the lottery)
2.) You say you want to compete to be /baltop1, heres your chance, step up your game and EARN it.  There are countless ways to earn money that doesn't involve having MC in the background as you watch TV and tap spacebar ever 5 mins... If you like competition, then compete for it.  AFKing is not competition...
3.) 

It's not like Nick said "hold my beer, I'm gonna take ingots off the market."  He spent a lot of time in this decision and the staff channel debated it with him there and offline.  I guess what I'm trying to say is.  Feel free to give your opinion. but do it with at least a shred of respect.  I think Nick showed respect by hearing everyone out, but instead ppl are shitting on him for making a move WE feel is best for the server.

Couldn't be bothered to read it all, so I'll just leave this '+1' here....
+1
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2013, 10:02:39 am »

To Felix_De_Kat

(click to show/hide)

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2013, 10:16:18 am »
I'll just keep it simple this time.

Farms have always been part of Minecraft. The Market has not.
It is in fact the market that is undermining a certain part of the game now, farms.
And farms just happen to be one of the most entertaining parts of minecraft.

You and I both know that most people building farms do it for the money.
If afk-ing is the problem then do something about afk-ing.
Don't nerf the game in other areas.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2013, 10:29:16 am »
Lando, there's a modify button. Please use it and stop double posting.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2013, 10:38:33 am »
Let's quote every sentence, that's a great idea.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2013, 10:43:07 am »
Lando, there's a modify button. Please use it and stop double posting.

Excuse me? I know how to modify a post thank you, I did earlier in this topic.
But where did I double post?
I posted twice above here, 2 completely different posts.
One adressed to Felix and the other to tankermide but that one is more in general.

If I did then please point out where I double posted.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2013, 10:54:27 am »
(click to show/hide)

You say they have become fairly useless, and I agree with that. But do you think a giant castle built out of redstone and quartz blocks is "useful"? I didn't think so.

(click to show/hide)
Technically any post that is posted on by the same person twice counts as a double post. You are supposed to fit the 2 together.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2013, 11:02:19 am »
I always thought that when you post the same post twice, by accident or on purpose, that counts as a double post.

But maybe I should have waited for someone else to post before I posted the next one?

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2013, 11:09:57 am »
I always thought that when you post the same post twice, by accident or on purpose, that counts as a double post.

But maybe I should have waited for someone else to post before I posted the next one?
the modify button alicia brought up would yield the same result.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2013, 11:19:34 am »
You could lose the additude, I wasn't trying to be a bitch to you or anything, but you're never supposed to double post.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:22:45 am by awesomealicia »

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2013, 11:29:27 am »
Understood, I apologise.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2013, 11:39:38 am »
Chief, sorry but who cares about having he biggest iron farm on the server.  It's not like it's a creative mega build.

Felix

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2013, 11:48:21 am »
@ Lando_V

I'm not going to reply to the majority of what was written, otherwise we're just going to be going round in circles here with both differences of opinion.. But what I will say is...

A/ I know how much work goes in to gold and iron farms, I have;
1 gold farm in the Nether
1 gold farm at New Arenae (inside a Cathedral type build)
1 iron farm with 8 villages at my dockyard (out at sea)
1 iron farm with 1 village at New Arenae (inside a sphinx)
1 iron farm with 1 village at my secretbatcave (high up, almost out of sight)

B/ I am the last one to "complain about the lack of space on the server" I have taken up so much space on all 3 worlds (Arenae City/New Arenae City/Large Dockyard/Loads of Ships/An Airport/3 places in the Nether/20 story Enderman Farm/a large area in the member world with village and villager shop to name a few) it's getting beyond a joke.

The point that I am getting at is: So what about all the work/effort/time put in to make these easy money structures... The market is now modified and we should get over it, move on and build something else - And if 'other' modifications are needed to be implemented in the future, you can rest assured that these changes are necessary for the benefit of the server!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:19:19 pm by Felix_De_Kat »
As you may have noticed, I have been inactive for a while.
I decided to leave Opticraft for a few reasons.
Goodbye & Good luck in all your endeavours!

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2013, 12:17:18 pm »
Welp, im just gonna unfollow this before i go loco
IG - @oem_moses