April 29, 2024, 07:30:23 am

Author Topic: Public Iron Farm!  (Read 5157 times)

tiggy26668

• View Profile
Public Iron Farm!
« on: May 26, 2013, 08:56:51 pm »
So i had this completely original idea that i definitely didn't steal from chief as seen here http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,17626.0.html to turn my iron farm that i haven't been using into a public farm that works off obsidian  ;D

so if you wanna trade obsidian for lots of iron come to /home tiggy26668 iron

Currently I'm in the testing phase for my prototype design so if any bugs happen contact me here or in game and i'll try to resolve them.

What to do:

1) Come to /home tiggy26668 iron.
2) Walk through the door on your right. (if door is closed, farm is in use)
3) Place your desired amount of obsidian into the dispenser.
- 1 block of obsidian is approx 1 min of farm time, i recommend using at least 10 obsidian to allow golems to get up to their peek spawn rates.
4) A minecart will be dispensed and the door will be locked so no one else may enter. get into the minecart and press the button on the wall.
5) Ride the minecart until your time runs out. when the time expires you will be redirected to the collection room.
6) Break the minecart and deposit in the hopper on the floor (if it doesn't get sucked up already).
7) Collect your iron from the chest and exit through the door.
8) Profit

Notes:
1) If you intend to use the farm for more than 15 mins you must type something into chat to avoid being afk kicked.

2) There shouldn't be any weird teleport or death glitches with the minecarts, if this does occur for some reason alert me so i can try to resolve it.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
Re: Public Iron Farm!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 09:00:18 pm »
first customer here, also, using this farm to get more materials for your other farm is genius.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 01:34:31 pm »
I think someone just put a bunch of obsidian in and left since the door is closed and no one is there.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 06:44:46 pm »
     1 obsidian for only 1 min? Man, I think Chief has you beat right there..
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 07:25:25 pm »
still buildin on that gold farm of ya?

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 08:02:21 pm »
andersad, Tiggy's farm produces 1 1/3 of the amount that chief's does. Plus, right now chief's is closed.
-2468avc

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 07:20:14 am »
Tiggy, your redstone is borked, contact me if you need help repairing it.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 07:29:43 pm »
Also, I think it would be a great feature if you added some way of knowing how much more time you had. Maybe some sort of clock connected to a detector rail?
-2468avc

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 02:29:41 am »
Lol Bug report:
I put in 24 obsidian, i went around for 24 minutes, and when i went to collect my iron, there was only 5. You can even ask a mod to confirm that from LB.

Id get that checked out ;)

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 03:51:18 am »
Lol Bug report:
I put in 24 obsidian, i went around for 24 minutes, and when i went to collect my iron, there was only 5. You can even ask a mod to confirm that from LB.

Id get that checked out ;)

I have no control over the spawn rates and for w/e reason they randomly drop.
it could be a mojang bug or it's possible that opti implemented some kinda throttling i'm not sure though i have asked dejected about it and he didn't do anything to lower it.

I've checked the redstone it works fine.
I've checked the delivery system and it's working perfectly.
I've checked for stray/trapped golems and there are none.
I've gone around updating the villages to make sure none of them are bugged but they're all working properly.

unless you have some other suggestion for how to make the game spawn more golems, which i'm more than open to trying, there's not much else i can do......

sometimes spawn rates are great other times they suck, it's the nature of a random number generator.

hit me up in game and i'll toss you a stack of iron for your trouble.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 08:04:33 pm »
I saw some golems walking around on the cobble paths between cells the other day.
-2468avc

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 09:38:40 pm »
I saw some golems walking around on the cobble paths between cells the other day.

yea there's the occasional stray golem around the middle village cuz of the platform where u go to use the farm, but they either end up falling into the farm or into the ocean below, either way they get detached from the village and a new one can spawn.

that and one or two stray golems wouldn't stop all 27 villages from spawning at the same time which is the oddity that seems to be happening

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 10:34:21 pm »

yea there's the occasional stray golem around the middle village cuz of the platform where u go to use the farm, but they either end up falling into the farm or into the ocean below, either way they get detached from the village and a new one can spawn.

that and one or two stray golems wouldn't stop all 27 villages from spawning at the same time which is the oddity that seems to be happening
Haven't see your farm yet, but you could possible slab the platform you were talking about to prevent them from spawning there...
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 02:03:58 am »
For some reason, I decided to buy an hour's worth =p

As I watched my self go around and around and around and around, I came up with something. I thought maybe you could make the ride a bit more interesting. Maybe a tour of the farms. =p It'd be neat. If you do, ill be happy to supply a bunch of rails.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 02:29:19 am »

Haven't see your farm yet, but you could possible slab the platform you were talking about to prevent them from spawning there...

most of it has half slabs on top i was just lazy wen i made it public/auto

For some reason, I decided to buy an hour's worth =p

As I watched my self go around and around and around and around, I came up with something. I thought maybe you could make the ride a bit more interesting. Maybe a tour of the farms. =p It'd be neat. If you do, ill be happy to supply a bunch of rails.

the reason it doesn't go to all the farms is that you need to be in the center to have all the villages loaded and spawning golems