April 28, 2024, 08:06:18 pm

Author Topic: Public Usage Iron Farm!!!  (Read 11511 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Public Usage Iron Farm!!!
« on: May 24, 2013, 04:05:17 pm »
Currently this project is in an open testing phase.

Need iron? Come to /home chief149 iron

This is a PUBLIC iron farm. Anyone can use it (one person at a time though).

How does it work:

When you come to /home chief149 iron, you will see an iron door. If nobody is currently using the farm, the door will be open and the redstone lamp to the left of the door will be off. You will be able to enter. If someone is already renting/using the farm then you must wait for their time to be finished. To use the farm, insert 1 or more obsidian blocks into the hopper you see in front of you.

When you insert obsidian into the hopper, the door behind you will close so nobody else can enter during your rental period. The second iron door to the left of you will also open to allow you to go into the minecart loading room.
All you have to do is get into the minecart, and press the button on the wall next to it. I recommend you do this quickly as your timer is ticking.

Once you press the button, your minecart will begin up the hill and around the circuit really high up in the system. You will remain going around the track for the length of your rental period.

Rental length: Every obsidian block you insert will give you 90 seconds. You are free to insert as many as you wish. If you insert 40 obsidian blocks, then the system will keep you on the tracks for 1 hour. Note that the hopper will not accept all of your obsidian at once, but will only take 1. Just leave the rest in the hopper, and they will be taken, one at a time, every 5 minutes.

I recommend that you place 20 obsidian blocks into the hopper before riding the tracks. This gives you 30 minutes of ride time. Any less and the farm may not be as efficient as it could be as it generally takes 6 - 7 minutes for golem spawning to completely start.

When your ride time is over, the tracks will automatically send you down a hill to the collection room where you can get your iron and roses from a chest. Also, please return your minecart. Failure to return minecarts will lead to me increasing the price of the ride.

Time tables:
----------------------------------------
0 - 5 minutes : Costs 1 - 3 obsidian : Short ride, may not yield iron, or very little iron!!!
6 - 7 minutes : Costs 4 obsidian : Short ride. It takes 6 minutes to ensure all cells are producing golems
15 minutes : Costs 10 obsidian : This is how long you can afk before getting automatically kicked!!!
30 minutes : Costs 20 obsidian : This is a decent ride. You'll get a couple stacks of iron ingots.
1 hour : Costs 40 obsidian : This is a long ass ride. Make sure to type something into chat every 15 minutes or less! Expect a lot of iron!

Don't do what I did. Don't try to illegally avoid the afk kicker. It is legal to manually type into chat every 15 minutes to avoid being kicked. It is not legal to use a macro software like I did. You will get banned like I did, and you will deserve it just as much as I did. I lost trusted for a while for using a macro software in-game. Game mods that prevent you from being AFK kicked are just as bad.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:55:05 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Public Usage Iron Farm!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 05:11:59 pm »
Cool, ill try it out :)

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 05:37:58 pm »
     It works really well guys. In 5 mins(I swear it felt like 3  :P) I got 28 iron ingots. Very good deal. 1 ingot=28 ingots!  :D
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 06:31:12 pm »
Yeah kids! beat our anti afk system!! We didn't put it there to make our server more efficient or anything! Basically anyone afking for too long will be kicked by our server or by a staff member.

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 06:43:49 pm »
     DOnt worry, Me and chief solved that! *Smiles mischievously*  ;)

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 06:55:56 pm »
Seems like you really thought this out. I'll try it later. Cool stuff chief!

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 07:09:37 pm »
     Its actually like the rage of the server now. People are trying to like beat eachother into it! Good idea chief. I think you should make the currency 1 gold ingot tho. Muc better and U can make a little profit!

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 07:15:55 pm »
Yeah kids! beat our anti afk system!! We didn't put it there to make our server more efficient or anything! Basically anyone afking for too long will be kicked by our server or by a staff member.

If we're there to type into local chat then we aren't afk. Afterall, afk does stand for "Away from keyboard". And if a mod checks and finds that the player on the system is at their computer typing something on their own, then there is nothing they are doing that is against the rules.

Best griefer name ^

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 07:16:57 pm »
   Yep!  ;D

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 07:32:20 pm »
IMPORTANT NOTICE

The farm is now closed to have some issues addressed! The following changes will be made:

1) some sort of blocker to keep people from walking out of the collection room and back up to the main tracks.
2) The minecart placer needs some work. Right now if someone places more than 1 iron ingot in the system and the time for the first ingot runs out, then the next ingot loads up, and makes the dispenser place a second minecart or more. I need to fix this so it places only 1 per rider.
3) A couple other really minor things Ill change.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:19:22 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 08:12:06 pm »
still seems a bit underpriced to me, maybe 1 gold ingot or something would be fair, or 1 gold ingot gets you 15 mins, 1 iron gets you 5.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 01:20:21 am »
I might change it to gold ingots for 5 minutes (per ingot). Most people have gotten 10 to 15 ingots in 5 minutes so if it costs you 1 gold ingot (I exchange 2 iron ingots for 1 gold ingot), it's a pretty good growth.

Best griefer name ^

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 04:43:42 am »
note to self: steal chiefs idea for my iron farm.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2013, 06:58:31 am »
I might change it to gold ingots for 5 minutes (per ingot). Most people have gotten 10 to 15 ingots in 5 minutes so if it costs you 1 gold ingot (I exchange 2 iron ingots for 1 gold ingot), it's a pretty good growth.
    Yes, then you could actually make some profit, not give it away 4 free.   :P    I remebmbe earlier some1 trolled us and put in a load of iron and left. It was annoying. Also you do need to fix the tp problem at the end of the ride...  :-\

Lol. I was building an iron farm, want too far in yet... I think Ima scrap it now and use chiefs and gav's from now on when I get a chance.  :P    Will proably move on to making a gold farm to get gold and use the Iron farm.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2013, 08:04:24 pm »
Also you do need to fix the tp problem at the end of the ride...  :-\

Not my problem. It's the damn anticheat.

Best griefer name ^