March 28, 2024, 10:26:12 am

Author Topic: Beacon/ Nether star pricing  (Read 8696 times)

Selkon_Hunter

• View Profile
Beacon/ Nether star pricing
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:02:18 am »
To whom it may concern,

I am fairly certain that the beacon or nether star will be added as an item in the market, and thus it would have a cost assoiated with it. Please know that I am not entirely familiar with the plug-in that controls our economy, and thus this idea may be doomed from the start.

Instead of a monetary cost for the nether star, I would suggest a direct material exchange instead. I don't know if it is possible to configure the system to both remove items from a player's inventory and simultaneously give the player an item, but I thought it would be a novel idea if it was possible. There would still be a limit to the number of nether stars that a player could buy to prevent beacon spamming.

Basically, you would need to harvest four soul sand, three wither skulls, and possibly another item such as a diamond to simulate the material effort that it would take to kill a wither. You would then click the sign, which would remove the aforementioned items from the player's inventory automatically and give the player a nether star.

Now this idea ONLY works if there is a direct item transfer. If it would require an intermediary monetary exchange, then please throw this idea out the window and into lava. And for those who may ask, if money got involved, people would build nether fortress farms and become insanely wealthy thus creating issues with ungodly quantites of protection stones being purchased.

Good day, and Happy New Year!

cschurz

• View Profile
Re: Beacon/ Nether star pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:31:49 am »
since optical wrote the system for the signs at the market, this is possible to accomplish.

the biggest problem i see here is attaching the material cost to an item sign - it would most likely require an additional sign (or more!) to specify what items are required to buy a given item. that's pretty annoying.

a fairly interesting idea nonetheless.

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 01:11:56 pm »
I really like this idea and you may need to add 1 more thing.
Since you can buy wither skeleton skulls from the market in the recently opened new world that you need to pay the 3 skulls , 4 soul sand and an amount of money because soul sand in the new nether is reallly common , + the 3 skulls that you can buy for 15k total means you have a beacon for $15000 so maby add a $10000-$20000 to the payment but all other ,
This is a really good suggestion in my opinion

CaptainXV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 01:17:57 pm »
Same. I don't know if it would be worth the time to implement it, but it certainly is an interesting idea that could lead to something.
As Ivy said, I would make it a bit pricier.
The sentence beneath this one is true
The sentence above this one is false

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 02:17:35 pm »
Or how about this:

Make wither skeleton skulls extremely expensive. Like, much more expensive than they are now. Then make it where if a player makes a wither (out of the soulsand and wither skulls), then instead of a wither being spawned, a nether star is dropped and the arrangement of wither heads and soulsand disappears.

So simply make wither skulls be something like 20K. Then it would cost 60K for three of them, plus 4 soulsand. This makes nether stars cost 60K. This is somewhat similar to Skeleton_Hunter's idea as items are being given (three wither skulls and 4 soulsand) for an item in return (nether star). At the same time, this idea also means that players could naturally make a wither star by killing wither skeletons first.

Alternative idea!!!!!!!! Remove wither skeleton skulls from the market, and implement the above idea where arranging the soulsand and wither skeleton heads drops a nether star instead of creating a wither. Of course the wither skeleton heads and soulsand always disappear in this case, but the nether star is dropped.

Best griefer name ^

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 02:37:31 pm »
Or how about this:

Make wither skeleton skulls extremely expensive. Like, much more expensive than they are now. Then make it where if a player makes a wither (out of the soulsand and wither skulls), then instead of a wither being spawned, a nether star is dropped and the arrangement of wither heads and soulsand disappears.

So simply make wither skulls be something like 20K. Then it would cost 60K for three of them, plus 4 soulsand. This makes nether stars cost 60K. This is somewhat similar to Skeleton_Hunter's idea as items are being given (three wither skulls and 4 soulsand) for an item in return (nether star). At the same time, this idea also means that players could naturally make a wither star by killing wither skeletons first.

Alternative idea!!!!!!!! Remove wither skeleton skulls from the market, and implement the above idea where arranging the soulsand and wither skeleton heads drops a nether star instead of creating a wither. Of course the wither skeleton heads and soulsand always disappear in this case, but the nether star is dropped.

let's think in logical increments here. no need to make things complicated.

so to start,

why is the spawning of withers disabled? can anything be changed to make spawning withers allowable? if we can get to the root of the problem, then there's no need to create a whole new item-trading system.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 03:08:01 pm »
Make the Ender Dragon drop a star =p

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 05:35:07 pm »
why is the spawning of withers disabled? can anything be changed to make spawning withers allowable? if we can get to the root of the problem, then there's no need to create a whole new item-trading system.
When they are spawned they fuck shit up. Break blocks, kill people, all the good stuff.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 06:24:02 pm »
When they are spawned they fuck shit up. Break blocks, kill people, all the good stuff.

Why couldn't this be disabled by setting some changes of blockbreaking, playerdamage etc in WorldGuard's config file.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 06:25:27 pm »

Why couldn't this be disabled by setting the changes; blockbreaking, playerdamage etc in WorldGuard's config file.
But then there is basically no point.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 06:45:44 pm »

Why couldn't this be disabled by setting the changes; blockbreaking, playerdamage etc in WorldGuard's config file.
But then there is basically no point.

True, I forgot that people can just spawn them in where ever they want.

Selkon_Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 09:30:05 pm »
This thread is not about whether or not we can spawn withers, that is out of the question. I was merely trying to present a possibility that could be useful for something that...
I am fairly certain will be added as an item in the market

Though it would be great if we could spawn withers and instantly get a star, that is simply not reasonable due to the amount of time that it would require to code. There are bigger and better things on the list. That is why I was suggesting using an already implemented opticraft system in order to achieve the same goal.

Skeleton_Hunter
I'm going to nip this in the bud. It's selkon, not skeleton. They are two different mobs. One just doesn't happen to exist, yet...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 04:07:48 am by Selkon_Hunter »

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 02:26:58 am »
We could use a end and put a Protection around it so they can spawn dragons and withers and they won't greif. Just the Island.

And people die from the enderdragon aswell.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 02:47:27 am »
The enderdragon doesn't spawn wherever people please, though. That's the main difference. One mob is contained in its own world, while the other can be freely summoned.

We may have the ability to spawn the enderdragon anywhere, but we're not going to do that.

We've even talked about keeping the wither contained in its own cage many times. What benefit does that make? Having a mob, that could be spawned anywhere, spawn inside of the same placid bedrock box everytime? At least the enderdragon has a greater degree of freedom roaming around the entirety of the End.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 04:42:15 am »
as I said, why not just spawn a nether star instead of a wither? Surely it wouldn't be that hard?

Best griefer name ^