April 23, 2024, 12:06:17 pm

Author Topic: The Arctic Is Melting!!!!!  (Read 10561 times)

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Arctic Is Melting!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 04:20:34 pm »
Not sure why its such a problem. Things wont last forever. Old things die and become new things.
I learned that from the lion king! :D http://youtu.be/hSFKnYD5rp4
I wasnt even thinking of that XD

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 04:26:56 pm »
Why? Its the circle of life. Would anyone try to save an animal that didnt like humans? Would anyone have saved the dinosaurs if we were there? I know it sucks, but its naive to think we can save everything.
It's the cciirrccllleee of life, and it keeps is going, through thick and through thin, on the winding rroooaadd! WOO

Back to the topic, yeah it's a bit hot for dem peeps in da cold :/

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 05:11:00 pm »
How is this news? We've known about this since the early 2000s and very few people have done anything about it. I think people will only change their ways when they have to, and that will be when oil supplies are completely depleted.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 06:42:26 pm »
Alright so global warming and cooling is generally thought to be a repeated cycle(there have been multiple ice ages and tropical climactic periods scientists could discern from the fossil record).However, the general warming and cooling of our planet is a natural cycle.
Turtle is right, it's just the natural cycle.

---><--- Click the monkey

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 06:47:16 pm »
How can we save them yo

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 08:33:06 pm »
I unno if there is even a way.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 08:47:18 pm »
There isn't a way.

I don't know about other counties but In Britain when the news runs out of stuff to talk about they go crazy over Global warming, but once their is new news they seem to forget about it. Its like they know there isn't anything we can do. :P

5OO

• #1 Voter August 2012
  • #1 Voter Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 04:03:52 am »
Alright so global warming and cooling is generally thought to be a repeated cycle(there have been multiple ice ages and tropical climactic periods scientists could discern from the fossil record). There is no concrete scientific evidence, or really even evidence at all, that humans have caused global warming. We have had an affect on our environment, pollution and things like it are real problems. Smog over big cities, animals suffocating on trash, these things are real human-caused problems. However, the general warming and cooling of our planet is a natural cycle.
You are 100% correct Turtle, I couldn't agree more!

For anyone who didn't watch the video, here is a graph from the documentary, it clearly shows the earths temperature was significantly higher 6000 years ago, I don't think there were any cars around back then, and if global warming kills polar bears then why didn't they go extinct 6000 years ago when the earth was a lot hotter? The concept of "man made global warming" is just a way for governments to gain more control over the common people through more laws and regulations as for corporations like the oil companies they will be allowed to continue to destroy the environment for profit why? Because corporations are in bed with the government, its been like that for a long time, and it will stay that way until the regular people like you and me decide to do something about it, but thats unlikely to happen cause most people are more concerned with their favorite football team, or are too busy watching jersey shore. /rant
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:21:47 am by 5OO »

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 05:00:15 am »
As from what I heard, someone told me that how the earth gets hotter each year, is that the sun is slowly gettin bigger, almost getting closer to the planets, bit by bit. And sooner or later, it will consume all of earth. Maybe even all of the solar system. This is just something I heard, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 05:05:09 am »
To be honest I really couldn't care less, I'm only 16 and I doubt I would see any REAL change in my life time. So YOLO~~~

I'll help here and there eg rubbish duties (recycling etc)
Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 05:25:48 am »
As from what I heard, someone told me that how the earth gets hotter each year, is that the sun is slowly gettin bigger, almost getting closer to the planets, bit by bit. And sooner or later, it will consume all of earth. Maybe even all of the solar system. This is just something I heard, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I regret even putting this topic up now...

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 05:34:30 am »
No... It won't consume the solar system, it'll get to a point and just shrink to a white dwarf. The sun is too small to get that big.

---><--- Click the monkey

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 05:36:18 am »
No... It won't consume the solar system, it'll get to a point and just shrink to a white dwarf. The sun is too small to get that big.

Okay... I'm glad that we won't get sucked up into the sun..

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 05:46:46 am »

The earth will still be destroyed eventually anyways.

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 05:48:35 am »

The earth will still be destroyed eventually anyways.

Well, I know that..