We wanted to give you all an update on the Opticraft Network and our plans moving forward. Make sure you have read our first announcement, as this is a follow up to that post.
Our beta phase initially released in November 2017 has been a huge success and we’d like to thank everyone who has played thus far and given their feedback.
With the Minecraft 1.13 update coming out relatively soon, we are excited to announce that we will be officially launching and advertising the network once 1.13 arrives and the servers have been updated and configured accordingly to support the hefty changes made.
Unfortunately there is no official release date for the 1.13 update, and therefore we have no specific date for our launch. We will be sure to keep you all updated when this information is available.
Below are a list of the major changes you can expect to see, as well as specific information regarding the Survival and Legacy servers.
- We have introduced a rewards system which allows you to earn and redeem points on global cosmetic items such as disguises and particles, as well as server specific goodies like blocks, spawn eggs and homes. Reward points can currently be earned by ranking up on each server, as well as voting for the network on any of our supported vote sites. We plan on providing more ways to earn reward points later down the road.
- Donations will start being accepted and only cosmetic items that don’t affect gameplay will be available as rewards. The cosmetic items are global rewards and once acquired can be used on any server linked to the network. They can also be obtained with reward points from the in-game reward store for those who are unable to donate.
- Additional cross-server features and commands such as /friends, /mail, /list and /ignore, just to name a few.
- An alpha version of PvP may be available for initial testing depending on the release date of 1.13. Players will be able to queue for a variety of combat based games.
- Creating a protection field will allow you to use a radius mode instead of placing both corners if you so choose.
- Server specific competitions and events.
- Survival item trading.
- Creative statistics.
Due to 1.13 significantly changing world generation and adding a variety of new items and blocks, we have decided that the current Survival world will be phased out, and will be replaced with a fresh Overworld, Nether, and End world.
We feel that you should be able to discover and enjoy the new features Minecraft will have to offer, and that this was the best plan moving forward for our future players.
Those who have played before our launch will be given a transition period of 2 weeks to move their valuables to the new world, as well as some reward points for additional compensation and for showing your amazing support.
We apologize for the inconvenience this will cause but hope you can understand why we made this decision.
After careful consideration, we will no longer be linking the Legacy server to the network as originally planned.
We feel that Legacy has already established its own identity and features over the years, and any attempts at unification would require us to change that formula significantly.
Legacy will remain unchanged and can still be accessed via the IP: smp.opticraft.net