April 23, 2024, 02:03:56 pm

Author Topic: The Arctic Is Melting!!!!!  (Read 10562 times)

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
The Arctic Is Melting!!!!!
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:31:28 am »
Okay, so I don't know if any of you have heard, but the Arctic is melting. What will happen to all of those animals, The White Snowy Owl, the Arctic Fox, Penguins, Seals, and most importantly... THE POLAR BEAR!!! So far, the Earth's climate has risen a half degree celceous. That may not seem like much but trust me, IT IS! Global Warming has an effect on this also. So does the pollution in the air. The arctic was better in te 1700s because back then, they didn't have half the cool stuff we do. Cars is part of this. With all of the pollution from the cars, It's insane. I'm mainly worried and concerned about all of the wildlife. If you are an extreme animal lover like me, then you would probably be worried also. I'm also concerned with the ocean. If the arctic keeps melting, then the ocean will rise. If the ocean rises, it could be bad. When storms hit, it could wipe out ALOT! Luckly, fall is approching. Fall is colder than summer. After that winter comes!!!  ;D If we are lucky, then the winter should hold off the melting a bit. If the arctic does COMPLETELY melt, what will happen to the land creatures? I don't know if there is a way to save the arctic. I really don't know. I love nature so much and I would hate to see it go. Please think about the arctic. :'(:'(:'(:'(

-Owlgirl66

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Arctic Is Melting!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:37:59 am »
Global warming is an overreaction, it's just a pattern in nature.

---><--- Click the monkey

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 01:39:21 am »
Well, it still is one of the causes in the problem.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:46:31 am »
Not sure why its such a problem. Things wont last forever. Old things die and become new things.

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 01:50:34 am »
It is a problem alicia. I know things die but they should at least be mentioned or tried to be saved.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 02:05:00 am »
Why? Its the circle of life. Would anyone try to save an animal that didnt like humans? Would anyone have saved the dinosaurs if we were there? I know it sucks, but its naive to think we can save everything.

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 02:09:12 am »
Alicia, not every animal hates people. If I were a wild animal, I would hate alot of people. Why? People kill whales. They also beat the crap out of seal pups. People abuse animals constintly everyday. So alicia, animals hate people for a reason. They don't just hate us because they want to.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 02:13:15 am »
Alicia, not every animal hates people. If I were a wild animal, I would hate alot of people. Why? People kill whales. They also beat the crap out of seal pups. People abuse animals constintly everyday. So alicia, animals hate people for a reason. They don't just hate us because they want to.
Alright, I wont argue with you.

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 02:14:04 am »
Okay.

aveilon

• SMP Mod roar =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 07:33:15 am »
Im not gonna disagree that the polar ice caps are melting, cause they actually are in fact. and yes its sad that polar bears n such are dying because of this. But in all honesty the magnitude of change that would have to occur for these events to stop from happening and continuing is so vast that its almost pointless.  Our planet is dying, we wont be here for that but its something that is inevitable. There are people out there that are trying to help save the planet. Thats why we have hybrids and even cars that car run off water and other easily obtainable things that wont destroy the planet and the Ozone.  But our precious world is full of greed and corrupt people. Oil company's and big corporations make wayyy too much money off of selling gasoline to let it just be stopped due to the planet taking damage. They dont care as long as they're making billions of dollars they are happy. If you really wanna make a difference go to school get an education  and get a job working on ways to help pollution and different ways to have vehicles run. I know a lot of the major University's have programs on alternative fuels and car types that can help reduce pollution.  :D

5OO

• #1 Voter August 2012
  • #1 Voter Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 07:52:52 am »

The great global warming swindle - Full version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtevF4B4RtQ
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:40:08 am by 5OO »

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 01:55:12 pm »

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 02:36:28 pm »
dw bouth it too much owl. its not going to happen that fast

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 03:36:40 pm »
I love the nature too. But this is just how this planet is. We are created to live the way we are. And sometimes, it takes something to do that. They will die anyway someday. And if you miss them we always have a Zoo. If we can't stop a land that will fade away, we just take some of the living creatures so that they always can live even if their land doesn't exist anymore!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

turtleman918

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 03:56:13 pm »
Alright so global warming and cooling is generally thought to be a repeated cycle(there have been multiple ice ages and tropical climactic periods scientists could discern from the fossil record). There is no concrete scientific evidence, or really even evidence at all, that humans have caused global warming. We have had an affect on our environment, pollution and things like it are real problems. Smog over big cities, animals suffocating on trash, these things are real human-caused problems. However, the general warming and cooling of our planet is a natural cycle.
Not sure why its such a problem. Things wont last forever. Old things die and become new things.
I learned that from the lion king! :D http://youtu.be/hSFKnYD5rp4