May 15, 2024, 07:01:24 am

Author Topic: A new rank  (Read 10691 times)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Re: A new rank
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 04:31:48 am »
As a trusted, I believe lava should stick with mods. Mods can handle lava and grief requests, whereas trusted can deal with water and fire (like it already is)
As for the rank in between, it might be an interesting implementation, however, like witchiwa has stated, it will probably serve a "decorative" purpose (our most trusted members). We could give them teleport or "chat mod" powers....maybe. Adding extra block-related power permissions (lava, water blocks) should be out of the question, though. Otherwise, you may as well just call them mod.

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 10:12:30 am »
As a trusted, I believe lava should stick with mods. Mods can handle lava and grief requests, whereas trusted can deal with water and fire (like it already is)
As for the rank in between, it might be an interesting implementation, however, like witchiwa has stated, it will probably serve a "decorative" purpose (our most trusted members). We could give them teleport or "chat mod" powers....maybe. Adding extra block-related power permissions (lava, water blocks) should be out of the question, though. Otherwise, you may as well just call them mod.

And as I said:

Why not have a "helper" rank. they would play this role of a "decorator" yet they also get the ability to kick over players. they would have to be the most trusted of the trusted.

Eh, not necessarily kick people, just get lava placement. I for one would lava a TON more if I had it readily accesible.
That is the exact reason why it is not readily accessible.

For decorative purposes (what else would it be used for?). Plus, that's why m suggesting it to be harder to get than trusted, maybe just as hard as mod, without the responsibility of having to be a mod. This is a survival server (that phrase gets thrown around a lot), and in survival you can place lava.
The last thing we need is more decorative lava that increases the chances of a mistake happening.

But think about it. This member would have to be EXTREMELY trusted to get this rank. As Witchawa said, this could possibly be for people that want something more than Trusted, but don't want the hassles and possible stress from being Moderator. Not everyone wants a ton of responsibility, but instead they may want a little bit of it. I could quite possibly seeing this idea become realistic, so, good idea witchawa. But, in regards to lowering the donations, they are donations. It's not like they are actual products. Granted they come with some extras, but the main thing regarding them is that they're donations.

This could be the rank for people who want more power than Trusted, but less worries than Moderator. Granted, I do see your point.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 10:16:51 am »
I personally would like to help more, I would have tried applying for mod but I don't feel I'm on enough to gain that rank.

The idea is a great one but I can't see it happening to be honest.

/Smite

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 10:23:43 am »
Too bad lava damage from player placed lava can't be disabled :/
With a Plugin is everything possible. I have my own bukkit server and I have seen tons of Plugins. But if you disabled it, the survival will get lower. Lava is a true survive thing!

I don't think we need a new rank. We already have a lot of trusted and moderators on Opticraft. This rank is only a upgrade for trusted persons to place lava. If there comes a new rank we need more reason to make a new rank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

realduckgoesmoo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 03:40:11 pm »
can someone tell me how u rank up in the game.

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 08:23:45 pm »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 10:03:45 pm »
This just won't happen. We've had too many discussions about needless ranks.  We cannot afford to have the ranks list clogged up with semi-useless ranks unless the rank is Absolutely necessary.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 10:34:35 pm »
As Xeadin stated, this is not the first time something like this is requested. On classic, we had multiple discussions about adding a "Mod" rank (between Builder and Op) and as you can see, it never happened. I honestly doubt this idea and considering the amount of moderators there currently is, I don't think this is necessary.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 11:23:45 pm »
As Xeadin stated, this is not the first time something like this is requested. On classic, we had multiple discussions about adding a "Mod" rank (between Builder and Op) and as you can see, it never happened. I honestly doubt this idea and considering the amount of moderators there currently is, I don't think this is necessary.

The main idea was to somehow give non-mods the ability to place lava. Be it through a new rank or other means, I don't care. Maybe like a trused+? Like an extension to trusted, but not a whole new rank

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 12:31:24 am »
There is a reason they don't have lava...There isn't any point to it as well. They don't need it often. It isn't a hassle for mods to place lava for players.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 01:39:31 am »
There is a reason they don't have lava...There isn't any point to it as well. They don't need it often. It isn't a hassle for mods to place lava for players.

When you start getting into more advanced generators, lava is almost always required. As well as lava on every work site for disposal. Decorative purposes, as well as using it in a furnace to easily smelt a whole stack at little cost.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 02:05:19 am »
We dont have a non staff rank that can place lava because we dont want a lot of lava on the server. Lava is dangerous and mistakes can turn out very bad.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Kian1354

• Trusted Opticraft Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 02:24:17 am »
We dont have a non staff rank that can place lava because we dont want a lot of lava on the server. Lava is dangerous and mistakes can turn out very bad.
How about the ability to teleport to players to help with placing water/fire? Maybe they can also "Moderate" chat as moderators are sometimes busy with grief and any other requests for help.

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2012, 02:46:42 am »
Trusted members role isn't to help players. That is by their own free will. If  we gave them the teleport ability and a way to moderate chat, that would make them staff members.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 02:53:28 am »
I guess the whole point is I wish there was someone to have some of the power of a mod without the responsibility of being a mod. But thinking about it, it IS survival, and not a big deal. It was just a suggestion