May 11, 2024, 11:15:05 pm

Author Topic: Donations in regard to the Trusted rank  (Read 8756 times)

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
Re: Donations in regard to the Trusted rank
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 11:19:52 am »
If you want my opinion. Basically...Don't be an ass :)

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 11:25:27 am »
Now why the heck would I be an ass? People who are asses usually are trolls, and believe me now when I say that I am NOT a troll. I hate trolls. They get on your nerves, andyou just want to END THEIR LIFE.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 02:18:28 pm »
I read through it, and to tell you the truth, I really do wanna get that shiny title. I am going to donate this weekend, but even if I do get the customizable title, I won't be able to put my rank as 'Trusted'. Whenever I am talking or even near a Trusted member, I am in awe of them. I want to be able to be that person to be awe'd upon. I want to able to help out the community with water, and I want to be able to stand out from the members. That, my friend, is why I want to be Trusted.
I have seen many people saying this. The most people want it because you see you name easier in the chat, it is shiny, people will like you faster and you will get faster respect. If you want to help people, you can do that as a memeber too. I think one of the admins sayd this too. A trusted rank is something special, not just a thing that everyone can have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 02:28:30 pm »
I read through it, and to tell you the truth, I really do wanna get that shiny title. I am going to donate this weekend, but even if I do get the customizable title, I won't be able to put my rank as 'Trusted'. Whenever I am talking or even near a Trusted member, I am in awe of them. I want to be able to be that person to be awe'd upon. I want to able to help out the community with water, and I want to be able to stand out from the members. That, my friend, is why I want to be Trusted.
I have seen many people saying this. The most people want it because you see you name easier in the chat, it is shiny, people will like you faster and you will get faster respect. If you want to help people, you can do that as a memeber too. I think one of the admins sayd this too. A trusted rank is something special, not just a thing that everyone can have.

Yes, I fully understand that. My question simply was how much will a donation go towards my getting the Trusted rank. I knew that it wouldn't guarantee me a position of Trusted. It takes a lot to be trusted. And, as I have previously mentioned, I FULLY UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT.

Oh, also, just a question once more :P those people who say what I just said, are they usually griefers / trolls / idiots? Do they accomplish their goals? Ever?

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 02:39:29 pm »
Oh, also, just a question once more :P those people who say what I just said, are they usually griefers / trolls / idiots? Do they accomplish their goals? Ever?
I can't say that for sure. I am just a month on Opticraft. Griefers and trolls will never get trusted. Idiots? I haven't founded a idiot trusted or mod. People can change, so trusted persons can change to Griefers. Search on the forum and maybe you can found one. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 04:00:19 pm »
I don't think it does. Anyone should donate regardless because of how amazing this server is. I think, if not soon to be corrected by all of you, that the donations are just help & benefit. You help them and benefit from it, as it would seem to me on the donations page where you donate and get something back. Trusted is based on how trusted you are, am I not correct? Whether or not you are trustworthy, respectful, and involved in the community? I do not think that financial contribution to the server should count towards trusted because it would just be like buying your rank in. Well, that is how it seems to me and it's just my opinion. Not like it's important, lol.   :P

I don't mean buying Trusted.
Hey there!

If I donated, how much would that contribute to me getting the 'Trusted' rank if anything? And also, if I donated just say $20, would that contribute more to my getting the 'Trusted' rank than me spending half of that of $10?

I mean how much will it contribute to me getting the Trusted rank. No way in hell would
I expect simply to donate and instantaneously get Trusted.

"One does not simply donate and get Trusted on OptiCraft"

Let me point out what I said:

I do not think that financial contribution to the server should count towards trusted because it would just be like buying your rank in. Well, that is how it seems to me and it's just my opinion.

I didn't say it is buying Trusted. Nor would I expect you to think that. I simply elaborated on saying "No, I do not think that it does contribute."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:02:19 pm by Joshskiizz »

ryans1230

• Need Help in SMP? Do "/mail send ryans1230 <msg>"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 05:09:08 pm »
There was a glitch with the donations back around 1.2.3. That has since been fixed.

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 11:03:51 pm »
I don't think it does. Anyone should donate regardless because of how amazing this server is. I think, if not soon to be corrected by all of you, that the donations are just help & benefit. You help them and benefit from it, as it would seem to me on the donations page where you donate and get something back. Trusted is based on how trusted you are, am I not correct? Whether or not you are trustworthy, respectful, and involved in the community? I do not think that financial contribution to the server should count towards trusted because it would just be like buying your rank in. Well, that is how it seems to me and it's just my opinion. Not like it's important, lol.   :P

I don't mean buying Trusted.
Hey there!

If I donated, how much would that contribute to me getting the 'Trusted' rank if anything? And also, if I donated just say $20, would that contribute more to my getting the 'Trusted' rank than me spending half of that of $10?

I mean how much will it contribute to me getting the Trusted rank. No way in hell would
I expect simply to donate and instantaneously get Trusted.

"One does not simply donate and get Trusted on OptiCraft"

Let me point out what I said:

I do not think that financial contribution to the server should count towards trusted because it would just be like buying your rank in. Well, that is how it seems to me and it's just my opinion.

I didn't say it is buying Trusted. Nor would I expect you to think that. I simply elaborated on saying "No, I do not think that it does contribute."

Look. The way you put that could practically confuse anyone, and okay, I do get your point. It's just that, in my opinion and view, people are to be Trusted more if they donate then if they don't. Of course, the person may only get trusted a small percentage more, and it is up to that person to complete the task. Even if a person donated something as large as $100, they *SHOULDN'T* get Trusted. As you said before, that is buying the rank, and that's not good. A proper Trusted member should be able to help out on the server, reply to people needing help in the forums, and have talked over mumble to different people.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 03:58:16 am »
In a way, trusteds are like the 'mini-mods' of the server. They help out anyone who needs help when a mod isnt available (except in the case of grief). After Trusted, the next rank is mod. The trusteds are potentially the server's future mods. Now that doesnt mean that all trusteds will apply for mod, however, their rank is basically one step away.

Just a thought for you to ponder.

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 06:59:20 am »
So are you saying that with Trusted comes some responsibility?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 07:17:38 am »

Yes.

They are trusted with water, which could be a HUGE pain to remove/fix if they griefed (Imagine a farm, you could wipe it out with 1 bucket, nevermind a house.)

And they also are looked up to in the community by members etc. They are the example setters.

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 07:29:53 am »
:o
That was my expression when I first saw your post. I read through it, and to tell you the truth, I really do wanna get that shiny title. I am going to donate this weekend, but even if I do get the customizable title, I won't be able to put my rank as 'Trusted'. Whenever I am talking or even near a Trusted member, I am in awe of them. I want to be able to be that person to be awe'd upon. I want to able to help out the community with water, and I want to be able to stand out from the members. That, my friend, is why I want to be Trusted.

Yes.

They are trusted with water, which could be a HUGE pain to remove/fix if they griefed (Imagine a farm, you could wipe it out with 1 bucket, nevermind a house.)

And they also are looked up to in the community by members etc. They are the example setters.

Yes, I already know this. This is why I want to become a Trusted member.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 07:12:38 pm »
In addition, and as mentioned, I'd almost call them a mini-mod.  You have a water bucket so, in my eyes, it's your duty to help out with the "I need water placed" requests in order to help reduce the load on the mods and allow them to deal with actual mod issues.  At least, that's how I look at MY trusted label.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 01:29:14 am »
Look. The way you put that could practically confuse anyone, and okay, I do get your point. It's just that, in my opinion and view, people are to be Trusted more if they donate then if they don't. Of course, the person may only get trusted a small percentage more, and it is up to that person to complete the task. Even if a person donated something as large as $100, they *SHOULDN'T* get Trusted. As you said before, that is buying the rank, and that's not good. A proper Trusted member should be able to help out on the server, reply to people needing help in the forums, and have talked over mumble to different people.

Not really, you just put a point of view into it. I agree with the rest of your statements, we're on the same page! :D So that is why Trusted is such a big deal. Not everyone has the qualities it takes to be one.

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 03:15:24 am »

Not really, you just put a point of view into it. I agree with the rest of your statements, we're on the same page! :D So that is why Trusted is such a big deal. Not everyone has the qualities it takes to be one.

Yes, I know. Only the people who are really going to strive to achieve this goal will accomplish it. Even on that topic, in my opinion, if you are NOT trying to become Trusted, but you help out new players, you are more than likely to get Trusted.