May 11, 2024, 12:51:17 pm

Author Topic: Donations in regard to the Trusted rank  (Read 8753 times)

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
Donations in regard to the Trusted rank
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:17:42 am »
Hey there!

If I donated, how much would that contribute to me getting the 'Trusted' rank if anything? And also, if I donated just say $20, would that contribute more to my getting the 'Trusted' rank than me spending half of that of $10?

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Donations in regard to the Trusted rank
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:44:02 am »
Not entirely, no. I'm not an Operator but I'm pretty sure they look for your attitude more than anything.
Of course by donating it may show that you want to help out, but your best chance is to look here: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,6935.0.html

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:01:01 am »
Not entirely, no. I'm not an Operator but I'm pretty sure they look for your attitude more than anything.
Of course by donating it may show that you want to help out.

Yep, I totally expected that. In your opinion though, how long does it take an average person who wants to get promoted to Trusted get to Trusted?

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 10:05:50 am »
Of course by donating it may show that you want to help out.

Yep, I totally expected that. In your opinion though, how long does it take an average person who wants to get promoted to Trusted get to Trusted?
It all depends. There's not really an estimated time to get trusted. As long as you follow those tips in that link then you'll have no problem.

If I had to give an average time to earn trusted, maybe 2 weeks.

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 10:21:09 am »
Ah, okay. So, what is OptiCraft's IRC channel, and what program do I use to access it? Sorry, I don't use IRC that much... :-\

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:23:32 pm »
Your best bet is to hang on mumble and be helpful.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 01:52:01 pm »
Like optical said, be helpful. Mumble isnt necessary to earn trusted, it helps a lot though! I really dont think donations have anything to do with it. and it took me about 3 weeks to get trusted, because the day i came on the server I was a retard and got banned. But I think I've redeemed myself  :)

minerman12321

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 05:56:17 pm »
Be helpful be on mumble be own forums and follows rules. Then you will get trusted

Newbrict

• one hundred thirty-seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 07:02:06 pm »
but you should donate anyways
;)

(QUAKE 3 ARENA IS BEST)

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 06:35:07 am »
Well the only thing stopping me from using Mumble is that it won't work for me. I have mumble on the iPad, however I have rare access to it. I will be donating.

DeweyMeister

• Just chillin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 06:42:01 am »
Be helpful be on mumble be own forums and follows rules. Then you will get trusted
Minerman its more than this its not a certain thing if you are helpful you have to be not trying to get the rank merely being nice and following rules and then you MIGHT have  chance of becoming trusted but it is never a certain thing just to keep in mind :)

Well the only thing stopping me from using Mumble is that it won't work for me. I have mumble on the iPad, however I have rare access to it. I will be donating.
and bigbeno donating helps getting the trusted rank yes but it dosnt secure you a trusted place as you could donate and then not respect other players, you have to not be proud about everything you do but play the game and be helpful, thats my tip :)

Dewey :)

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 07:48:12 am »
I don't think it does. Anyone should donate regardless because of how amazing this server is. I think, if not soon to be corrected by all of you, that the donations are just help & benefit. You help them and benefit from it, as it would seem to me on the donations page where you donate and get something back. Trusted is based on how trusted you are, am I not correct? Whether or not you are trustworthy, respectful, and involved in the community? I do not think that financial contribution to the server should count towards trusted because it would just be like buying your rank in. Well, that is how it seems to me and it's just my opinion. Not like it's important, lol.   :P

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 07:59:58 am »
I don't think it does. Anyone should donate regardless because of how amazing this server is. I think, if not soon to be corrected by all of you, that the donations are just help & benefit. You help them and benefit from it, as it would seem to me on the donations page where you donate and get something back. Trusted is based on how trusted you are, am I not correct? Whether or not you are trustworthy, respectful, and involved in the community? I do not think that financial contribution to the server should count towards trusted because it would just be like buying your rank in. Well, that is how it seems to me and it's just my opinion. Not like it's important, lol.   :P

I don't mean buying Trusted.
Hey there!

If I donated, how much would that contribute to me getting the 'Trusted' rank if anything? And also, if I donated just say $20, would that contribute more to my getting the 'Trusted' rank than me spending half of that of $10?

I mean how much will it contribute to me getting the Trusted rank. No way in hell would
I expect simply to donate and instantaneously get Trusted.

"One does not simply donate and get Trusted on OptiCraft"

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 08:31:45 am »
Well, to tell you the truth, donations have nothing to do with rank whatsoever. Joshskiizz was right when he said donations are just "help and benefit". No amount of donation "moves you up" towards the trusted rank. The admins, operators and mods have to trust that you can handle the responsibility of becoming trusted. From personal experience, I can tell you that I've been asked these questions many times. The best way to become trusted, is to be mature, responsible, and if you can,  be helpful to your fellow Opticraft community. The time it takes to get trusted, on average, is indeed around 2 weeks, like xDeekay said. However, players can get trusted anywhere from a day to 3 months of playing on the server. It all depends on how ready you are to take the responsibilities as a trusted, because after all, you are given the power of water(a very useful tool for builds and melon farms). However, the power of water can be destructive as well as helpful, so we make sure we pick the most trustworthy players to become trusted.

Mumble is extremely helpful to becoming trusted. To be honest, it definitely speeds up the choice for trusted. The fact that you get to actually talk to the admins, mods, and players instead of just writing to them in game, helps them understand how well you behave, how helpful you are and how responsible you are. I got trusted in less than 2 days from mumble, although I don't know exactly what I did (other than get recommended by a "then-player"). If mumble does not work for you, then you can still display your trustworthiness through the game.

But just curious, what do you need trusted for? Do you need to place down your own water for projects or do you wish to help out your fellow Opticraft community by placing water for others? Or do you just want the shiny orange name? :P. In my opinion, a power of that importance should not be wasted for just your own personal benefit. If you need water, trusteds and mods are always available to place some for you. If you just want the shiny colors, you can always donate for a title ;D. However, if you truly wish to help out with water, then perhaps the mods, operators and admins will now be watching you, deciding when you are ready to become trusted.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:39:53 am by DJAlphaWolf »

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 09:19:19 am »
Well, to tell you the truth, donations have nothing to do with rank whatsoever. Joshskiizz was right when he said donations are just "help and benefit". No amount of donation "moves you up" towards the trusted rank. The admins, operators and mods have to trust that you can handle the responsibility of becoming trusted. From personal experience, I can tell you that I've been asked these questions many times. The best way to become trusted, is to be mature, responsible, and if you can,  be helpful to your fellow Opticraft community. The time it takes to get trusted, on average, is indeed around 2 weeks, like xDeekay said. However, players can get trusted anywhere from a day to 3 months of playing on the server. It all depends on how ready you are to take the responsibilities as a trusted, because after all, you are given the power of water(a very useful tool for builds and melon farms). However, the power of water can be destructive as well as helpful, so we make sure we pick the most trustworthy players to become trusted.

Mumble is extremely helpful to becoming trusted. To be honest, it definitely speeds up the choice for trusted. The fact that you get to actually talk to the admins, mods, and players instead of just writing to them in game, helps them understand how well you behave, how helpful you are and how responsible you are. I got trusted in less than 2 days from mumble, although I don't know exactly what I did (other than get recommended by a "then-player"). If mumble does not work for you, then you can still display your trustworthiness through the game.

But just curious, what do you need trusted for? Do you need to place down your own water for projects or do you wish to help out your fellow Opticraft community by placing water for others? Or do you just want the shiny orange name? :P. In my opinion, a power of that importance should not be wasted for just your own personal benefit. If you need water, trusteds and mods are always available to place some for you. If you just want the shiny colors, you can always donate for a title ;D. However, if you truly wish to help out with water, then perhaps the mods, operators and admins will now be watching you, deciding when you are ready to become trusted.

:o
That was my expression when I first saw your post. I read through it, and to tell you the truth, I really do wanna get that shiny title. I am going to donate this weekend, but even if I do get the customizable title, I won't be able to put my rank as 'Trusted'. Whenever I am talking or even near a Trusted member, I am in awe of them. I want to be able to be that person to be awe'd upon. I want to able to help out the community with water, and I want to be able to stand out from the members. That, my friend, is why I want to be Trusted.