June 09, 2024, 08:52:41 pm

Author Topic: Auto melon farms are destroying the servers economy  (Read 8606 times)

TheFulcan

• Humanity is beginning to scare me.
  • ASK Google NOT FULCAN!!!
    • View Profile
Auto melon farms are destroying the servers economy
« on: April 19, 2012, 12:28:53 pm »
People need to stop with the automelon farms. . they are killing our economy badly.
~We all live in a world of blocks~
~I wear shoes you may wear socks~
~Some are demons some are Steve~
~I banned three elves last Xmas eve~
~Some are Bieber some are dead~
~Some are standing on their head~
~Congrats to those who are their own~
~OH my oh my how they have grown~
(guess what it

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
Re: Auto melon farms are destroying the servers economy
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:30:26 pm »
I don't understand how. Its just players making alot of $ out if it.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:39:23 pm »
Fulcan? Make a regular farm like me. I had 1300+ roots and I cleared with another guy a 58x41x7 space from water and I got another 850+ roots.
Nothing automated. I just cant collect them all at once..
I have already made 1 full chest in less than 7 hours..:P
So, take some efficiency pix, many stacks of dirt and make your farm undergound. Make money and try to protect it..

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 12:47:38 pm »
I find it funny how people say things like this about the economy. It's just people earning money.
There is infinite money on the server, as in when you buy something from the market, the server creates that money. There's going to be no 'economy crisis' because, it just isn't going to happen.

besides, people put money into making the melon farms, it's only fair that they get to keep what they've earned.

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:57:36 pm »
xdeekay say is right, some ppl invested alot to make a AUTOMATED farm,( i spent 100K +) so they have the rights to sell the melons as earnings from their investment on the auto farm.
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 01:22:21 pm »
Also regardless of the item, considering its almost all infinite you're going to have people with millions of dollars, and its not honestly hurting anything, rare items aren't in the market which will always keep player trade alive, so what are we worried about?

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 02:04:36 pm »
My only concern is an economic gap, which really turns new players away. Even though the actual economy isn't damaged, player satisfaction is.

Actually, the economy is hurt. The player economy will take major blows
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:12:47 pm by witchawa »

TheFulcan

• Humanity is beginning to scare me.
  • ASK Google NOT FULCAN!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 02:34:53 pm »
Ummmm. . . based of the fact i have a degree in business administration as well as a partial in economics. . . High yeilds of money in the economy will turn  into unlimited blocks thus creating a biased one way creative server out of our smp. . Example. . if its harer to get money then prices will stay low causing ALL players to fight for money new and old players. . however if the players that have been around have unlimited money, then they will cause market rices to skyrocket and new members will not be able to afford anything. 
~We all live in a world of blocks~
~I wear shoes you may wear socks~
~Some are demons some are Steve~
~I banned three elves last Xmas eve~
~Some are Bieber some are dead~
~Some are standing on their head~
~Congrats to those who are their own~
~OH my oh my how they have grown~
(guess what it

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 02:36:24 pm »
You should seriouslystopposting stuff like this Fulcan. As DK said we invest to make them.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 02:41:44 pm »
Ummmm. . . based of the fact i have a degree in business administration as well as a partial in economics. . . High yeilds of money in the economy will turn  into unlimited blocks thus creating a biased one way creative server out of our smp. . Example. . if its harer to get money then prices will stay low causing ALL players to fight for money new and old players. . however if the players that have been around have unlimited money, then they will cause market rices to skyrocket and new members will not be able to afford anything. 
But this isn't a business dude. This is a Minecraft server where people can buy what they want and make what they want to earn money. You may argue that some players have too much money and that will somehow ruin the economy, but in most cases those players have been on the server for the longest, thus putting more money and dedication into making things such as an automatic melon farm.

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 02:42:33 pm »
Yes we r just investing in them, I let my citizens use it. I myself only harvest a few stacks of melons only at the most earning 10k..I don't bother harvesting for money... I try to donate xD

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 02:45:32 pm »

But the prices simply do not matter, Instead of melons it could be dirt, $15 a stack selling at market, doesn't matter in the long run you still get the gap, I'm saying there's no way to avoid that with members who have invested time into mining/farming/cutting trees/anything. just because people have loads of money, doesnt mean that Opticals going to raise the market prices, why would that make sense?

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 02:50:39 pm »
First it be melons, then Fulcan will complain abt pumpkins.. Then he will complain abt ppl selling cobble with their cobble generator.... What 2crzy said is correct...

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 02:52:02 pm »
I donate the most of my money to other people and use the money to buy things at the market and donate it to people that needs those items that I buy. I don't see a problem when people having so much money. They have worked hard for it to make it! I know the most people using the Automatic farms aren't people that builded it. But if they like to have much money they can have it. No problem with that!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 02:52:52 pm »
Your saying you want everyone to be poor and the market prices to rise...live with it.