May 06, 2024, 08:10:59 am

Author Topic: New World In SMP for [Trusted]  (Read 8185 times)

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
Re: New World In SMP for [Trusted]
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 04:57:38 am »
you know what i'm afraid of... that griefers will sign up and go grief in the new world....

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 06:45:03 am »
In my opinion, a member+ world is no better than a guest world :/

Put it this way, all my animals were killed by members, and many, many griefers are members. Just because the members sign up, doesn't mean that they are good people. Please rethink this, if there is a trusted+ world, then people would try harder for trusted. I bet you, the spawns will look no different. Most griefers don't set out to grief in the first place. They will sign up, think "Huh, cool server". Then they will get griefed, go apeshit and grief someone else.

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 06:55:19 am »
There will only be 2 worlds, not a world for each rank.
Will items be shared in the two worlds? Eg I go guest world chop wood, then I go member world, will the wood be in my inv?
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

Skepter

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 07:04:16 am »
They need to take things one step at a time to get the server just right. Alicia also has a point.
Hm.......I don't really like this idea...
you know what i'm afraid of... that griefers will sign up and go grief in the new world....
Also, this could happen.
This would make more people complaining that they want to be trusted because there is such a bigger change.

Quote from: yajeetz
'Fail, fail a tragic loss. The more you lose, the more you're boss'

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 07:39:19 am »
I support this. Same as Sephir once did, SMP lost it's kick because of all the grief.

Hanno

• Thundergod Thor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14:57 am »
It removes the alpha strikes, the main strikes of griefers.
For now that should be good enough, one step a time, in theory isnt always what works out best, so lets see how it goes first.
Use /helpop <message> in SMP for support

Quote from: morten1ela
I love conclusions done on little knowledge

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 10:56:29 am »
I suggested this in a different thread, and I think a few others said the same:
Before you can build in the Member+ world, you have to have the 'Member' rank and have played for 2 total hours.
'But that's silly, 2 hours is too long!' Not at all, if we want a 99.9% grief free world, then we can only let the most dedicated players in to ensure we are letting the right people in. Also, time flys when your in a cave mining away, or building your dream house.

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 01:52:29 pm »
Multi-Worlds are fun :D
Perhaps we can have a creative trusted world :)?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 02:42:59 pm »

This^ The only peole who actually seriously have a reason for wanting creative are to design big builds. Basically every one of these players are trusted.

Even if only trusted+ could build, but anyone could join, that would be fine.

Dagony(Nima_ilz)

• I do it selfer becareful to kill want i will count
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 03:49:52 pm »
2 worlds.Less overloading due the amount of players.Less lagging.And a better gameplay  :D
Code: [Select]
[c=g]aromaloader 1.4.4[/c]
[linksync=www.onlineatm.to[/link]
[load=above[/load]
[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n639/Mr-jar-jar-binks/skinloaderAjax.png[/IMG]

[color=purple]please set an source code
aroma loader=active

ZXFEAR

• Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 04:12:36 pm »
I agree, with Terre and Claw. The greifers will just abuse the system to get to the project/builds that are in the new world.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 04:37:14 pm »
I agree, with Terre and Claw. The greifers will just abuse the system to get to the project/builds that are in the new world.
Then let them waste their time. This isn't meant to stop griefing, it is meant to cut it down drastically. Also, there will be no trusted world because the rank itself is not given out on a constant basis. We have enough questions about how to get trusted this would just exacerbate those.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Dagony(Nima_ilz)

• I do it selfer becareful to kill want i will count
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 05:05:08 pm »
Then let them waste their time. This isn't meant to stop griefing, it is meant to cut it down drastically. Also, there will be no trusted world because the rank itself is not given out on a constant basis. We have enough questions about how to get trusted this would just exacerbate those.

yeah i agree but if i am right the number of trusted people is the same as 1month ago.So the ops must also get much must online.Because they are not.nobody can be ranked to Trusted(This is no ask.I mean for allround
Code: [Select]
[c=g]aromaloader 1.4.4[/c]
[linksync=www.onlineatm.to[/link]
[load=above[/load]
[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n639/Mr-jar-jar-binks/skinloaderAjax.png[/IMG]

[color=purple]please set an source code
aroma loader=active

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 05:12:57 pm »
Just curious when the new world is built, is it gonna have any extra features/ terrain changes that the current world we're using doesn't have?  I heard that the update to 1.2 prevented some things without wiping the world clean (maybe they've been rectified by now)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 07:21:30 pm »

This^ The only peole who actually seriously have a reason for wanting creative are to design big builds. Basically every one of these players are trusted.

Even if only trusted+ could build, but anyone could join, that would be fine.
Opti once said that creative is a future plan. However, he's busy focusing on the current 1-world server, so it probably won't happen anytime soon.

Also, it's kinda funny that you just got trusted recently and now you are asking to seperate trusted and member, with rank exclusive worlds lol.

Personally, trusteds don't need their own world for the very reason Nick stated. This would increase the complaints and questions about the trusted rank from many of our members and guests. I understand that a lot of us are griefed but I think splitting from guests should reduce a lot of that. Besides, there's a reason moderators exist. They should be fixing any and all griefs when they can, or at least try....