May 19, 2024, 06:26:34 am

Author Topic: shops for donators  (Read 9497 times)

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
Re: shops for donators
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 01:26:33 am »
I would personally love to see an area set aside like /warp players market (horrible name) but an area where we pay a fee to sell items maybe give players a chance to sell other items that the market doesn't (like slimeballs or potions...)
I agree chests all over the server would just end up being a huge mess but something like our existing market would give players who have already built homes something to spend time doing as well as a place for players to find items that our present market doesn't carry.
This area could be just a building where players warp to so that it would always look nice.

/don't be hating =D

i stated the reason y we cant make it free, cause everyone will want a shop. even if they just want to sell 1 stack of dirt will want to get a shop, then when they quit their shops will be there wasting space, cause we cant expect the mods and op to check every shop to see if the player is still active. So if they donate, they will cherish the space much more as it cost them money, and hence be more active, and will make full use of the shops.
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

Yomo

• Livin It Big
  • IGN: Yomomma750
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 12:10:27 am »
Well, The chest shops wouldn't be bad if we set up a designated area for them. Uf we set up an area where we can sell shop plots. it will be protected and someone could only create as many chest shops as allowed in the shop. And make a warp to the shop for players to use. And charge Rent for the shops so they can be bought out by other players. just premake the buildings.

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 12:27:51 am »
Well, The chest shops wouldn't be bad if we set up a designated area for them. Uf we set up an area where we can sell shop plots. it will be protected and someone could only create as many chest shops as allowed in the shop. And make a warp to the shop for players to use. And charge Rent for the shops so they can be bought out by other players. just premake the buildings.

Exactly what I meant, however the entire shop will be designed by ops or admins, so that it remains decent looking as a whole.

Kian1354

• Trusted Opticraft Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 01:02:20 am »
If you're looking for money instead of donating for a shop why not just donate for money... :D

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 12:04:35 pm »
If you're looking for money instead of donating for a shop why not just donate for money... :D
I forgot to add in, ppl who donate will get larger and PERMANENT FIRST,SECOND floor shops, and those ppl who use INGAME CASH, will RENT smaller shop from the 4th floor onwards. Perhaps rent per week will start like this
1week=$2000 2weeks=$3900 3weeks=$5900. However if u decide to extend ur renting peroid, u will have to pay an addition of $10000, this is to prevent RICH players from hogging a store. So still want to rent a store after ur time period, u could wait out one day before attempting to rent again.

T/n: duration of rent must be stated clearly upon renting, changes in the period of rent is NOT TOLERATED :P

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 12:28:51 pm »
I forgot to add in, ppl who donate will get larger and PERMANENT FIRST,SECOND floor shops, and those ppl who use INGAME CASH, will RENT smaller shop from the 4th floor onwards. Perhaps rent per week will start like this
1week=$2000 2weeks=$3900 3weeks=$5900. However if u decide to extend ur renting peroid, u will have to pay an addition of $10000, this is to prevent RICH players from hogging a store. So still want to rent a store after ur time period, u could wait out one day before attempting to rent again.

T/n: duration of rent must be stated clearly upon renting, changes in the period of rent is NOT TOLERATED :P
Who would we pay the money to?
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Kian1354

• Trusted Opticraft Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 10:46:57 pm »
Probably to the people who own the building...idk  :P

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 12:43:55 am »

Who would we pay the money to?

It can be paid like when u buy things from the market. THAT is only for renting of stores, donators will have a larger and permanent shop xP, this is so as to motiavte ppl to donate.

vinniefalco

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 04:23:11 am »
the general consensus seemed to be that nobody really wanted the landscape dotted with outdated player shops. you say that it could be moderated by moderators, but come on, nobody really wants to deal with manually moderating the shops for players. in general, it just wouldn't be elegant.

Charge the shop owner $ per week to maintain the shop or else the shop despawns. Make the first X dollars of sales automatically go to fulfilling the weekly shop upkeep.

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 06:07:24 am »
the general consensus seemed to be that nobody really wanted the landscape dotted with outdated player shops. you say that it could be moderated by moderators, but come on, nobody really wants to deal with manually moderating the shops for players. in general, it just wouldn't be elegant.

Charge the shop owner $ per week to maintain the shop or else the shop despawns. Make the first X dollars of sales automatically go to fulfilling the weekly shop upkeep.

Read the post above made by me, this issue is addressed already.. Despawning isn't a good idea.

animedude88

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 06:36:24 am »
Just a suggestion, as some of us have alot of stuff to sell, (eg slime balls obsidian etc etc) that cant be sold on market.

Donators can have their own small shop allocated in the spawn by mods/ops/admins/owners. players puts stuff they want to sell in the chest and a mod+ edit the sign for them so that we can get our stuff sold... sort of like a free market... and have a donation reward to add more space for shop.. below is the bukkit plugin...

[ECON/RPG] SIGN CHEST SHOP 0.4.5 (KTSHOP) [1185]
Sign Chest Shop
0.4.5 (last update, edit 9/20/2011 6:27pm)
0.4.52 dev (last update, edit 10/3/2011 4:18pm)

Allow users to establish an economy through shops. Players can create chest shops which others can purchase items or sell items to. Server admins can create world infinite shops which allows trade using or one of supported economy through register API.

•Customize your own shop signs (no longer requires strict formatting)
•Player shops
•Server shops
•Supports register API (BOSEconomy, iConomy, Essential Economy)
•sign colors [for regular signs and shop] &0-9 &a-f

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-rpg-sign-chest-shop-0-4-5-ktshop-1185.30118/

i am the one who made the chest shop plugin!

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 08:36:40 am »
Just a suggestion, as some of us have alot of stuff to sell, (eg slime balls obsidian etc etc) that cant be sold on market.

Donators can have their own small shop allocated in the spawn by mods/ops/admins/owners. players puts stuff they want to sell in the chest and a mod+ edit the sign for them so that we can get our stuff sold... sort of like a free market... and have a donation reward to add more space for shop.. below is the bukkit plugin...

[ECON/RPG] SIGN CHEST SHOP 0.4.5 (KTSHOP) [1185]
Sign Chest Shop
0.4.5 (last update, edit 9/20/2011 6:27pm)
0.4.52 dev (last update, edit 10/3/2011 4:18pm)

Allow users to establish an economy through shops. Players can create chest shops which others can purchase items or sell items to. Server admins can create world infinite shops which allows trade using or one of supported economy through register API.

•Customize your own shop signs (no longer requires strict formatting)
•Player shops
•Server shops
•Supports register API (BOSEconomy, iConomy, Essential Economy)
•sign colors [for regular signs and shop] &0-9 &a-f

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-rpg-sign-chest-shop-0-4-5-ktshop-1185.30118/

i am the one who made the chest shop plugin!

:OOOOOO