May 04, 2024, 01:31:52 pm

Author Topic: Firework spawners  (Read 11177 times)

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
Re: Firework spawners
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 10:54:40 am »
Would any of you be open to a /kit command which would give you various fireworks or ingredients? It would be something that you would donate for, and would be easier than the previously suggested spawner idea.

How much money would it be? Personally I would want to purchase it with ingame money.
Im back.... I think

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 04:02:16 pm »
I highly doubt we will be getting any more donation rewards anytime soon.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

butterflywolves

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 10:59:52 am »

So shouldn't we just sell dyes and gunpowder at the markets?
Im back.... I think

__pORKCHOPS

• The frenchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 11:43:41 am »

So shouldn't we just sell dyes and gunpowder at the markets?

we are already selling a lot of items that makes dyes: cactus, lapis, flowers, etc. I dont see need to sell dyes... and for the gunpowder, its one of the rare item that still worth kinda a lot and is pretty rare so.... i dont this should happen.

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 01:47:11 pm »

I really don't see a big problem with more donation rewards. This one seems to have enough interest from the community.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »
I agree adding more donation rewards would be good, but I can't say I back this suggestion up. It just seems like a bit too much to be in the market or in the donation store.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 06:49:58 pm »
I was not saying more donation rewards would be bad. I was saying I doubt we will get any.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 07:30:05 pm »
I would be open for that. My only concern is the same concern that comes with the idea of spawn eggs for real money donations. The issue is this, unlike other donations, is an obtainable item being received for a donation of money. What if the player gets the items and then dies in a lava pool? What if the player launches the fireworks and tells an op+ that he or she died in a lava pool and lost the fireworks he/she spent money on.

Basically the only way for that /kit idea to work would be if the player got access to use it once every certain number of hours, but that leads to infinite fireworks. Plus there is the issue of randomizing the fireworks since there are like 50 types of fireworks.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 08:42:35 pm »
I would be open for that. My only concern is the same concern that comes with the idea of spawn eggs for real money donations. The issue is this, unlike other donations, is an obtainable item being received for a donation of money. What if the player gets the items and then dies in a lava pool? What if the player launches the fireworks and tells an op+ that he or she died in a lava pool and lost the fireworks he/she spent money on.

Basically the only way for that /kit idea to work would be if the player got access to use it once every certain number of hours, but that leads to infinite fireworks. Plus there is the issue of randomizing the fireworks since there are like 50 types of fireworks.
This whole suggestion make much more sense as something buyable at the market. I think a donation reward for this doesnt make much sense.

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 09:49:33 pm »
I reckon it'd be fun as an aesthetic command, like /firework red (colour) long (length- short, medium, long) creeper (the effect when the firework explodes) that is only reusable once the first firework is used and after ten minutes or so.

/firework red long creeper

^ A red firework appears in your inv that will go max height and explode with the creeper face.

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 01:31:50 am »
I reckon it'd be fun as an aesthetic command, like /firework red (colour) long (length- short, medium, long) creeper (the effect when the firework explodes) that is only reusable once the first firework is used and after ten minutes or so.

^ A red firework appears in your inv that will go max height and explode with the creeper face.
That's a great idea, but take this,
-Would it be free?
-Will you need materials in your inventory to make it?

I also think that this here idea would be good, because probably; You can preset the command to make the fireworks launch at every ten seconds, so the command isn't spammed.

Also, what I mean about the second bullet point, is you can use the command, but it takes your resources to make that specified firework type. Just an adder-oner.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 04:05:20 am »
Just throwing my 2 cents in, I don't like any of these ideas :P they all seem like too much trouble, just make some fireworks lol

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 06:48:43 am »

That's a great idea, but take this,
-Would it be free?
-Will you need materials in your inventory to make it?

I also think that this here idea would be good, because probably; You can preset the command to make the fireworks launch at every ten seconds, so the command isn't spammed.

Also, what I mean about the second bullet point, is you can use the command, but it takes your resources to make that specified firework type. Just an adder-oner.

If it used materials, what would be the point of the command? :P

And iunno if it should be free or not, probably yes if it was implemented cause it's purely aesthetic.

butterflywolves

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 11:25:11 am »
I truly think we should just get gunpowder in the market and we'll make the fireworks on our own time.
Im back.... I think

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 11:32:21 am »
Just throwing my 2 cents in, I don't like any of these ideas :P they all seem like too much trouble, just make some fireworks lol
That's what I've been thinking but couldn't put into words.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.