May 04, 2024, 07:12:25 am

Author Topic: Firework spawners  (Read 11174 times)

NotABronie

• View Profile
Firework spawners
« on: May 12, 2013, 09:32:54 pm »
I think that at the market there should be firework spawners to sell for rather expensive because I think that they are really cool and would make a very nice decoration:) feel free to post if you have any add-one to this suggestion
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
Re: Firework spawners
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:44:09 pm »
Sounds like a great idea. I love the thought of an endless array of decorative fireworks. But The one question I'm sure many want to know is the cost. You will have to figure what the cost of a spawner and about a stack of fireworks. (Sorry if I'm acting like an Admin) Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a spawner unable to be destroyed without dropping an item. Doesn't that mean you have one shot at placing the items you bought with your hard-earned money? I'm not sure if an Admin can work their admin magic and make it to it is destroyable with a pick axe.
Great idea anyway,
Butter
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:45:48 pm by butterflywolves »
Im back.... I think

__pORKCHOPS

• The frenchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 10:12:16 pm »
Like everything else, people would spam them everywhere... so i dont think that that will happen.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:27:43 pm »
Also the market only sells a few items not available in survival. It would be hard to convince an admin to sell spawns at the market :p

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 10:37:37 pm »
Im well aware of the fact that it will only be able to be placed once, and if implemented I dont expect/want any admins to make it different. and i have already thought of your counter __pORK when i was going to answer butterflywolves any price
10k<{cost}<40k
(between the cost of lapis & diamond ps's)
because that way it will cost more unless its on for like ever, and they can easily contained by a piston
and _gavin this doesnt change gameplay at all though, and i am just hoping that Xeadin won;t come along and ruin the fun for everyone:) (just poking Xeadin:)) and its just an aesthetic feature, its like heads and stronghold blocks(which i mention because there are only like 5 stacks of each block that didnt come from the server market.
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 11:06:29 pm »
I like the idea, just not the spawner part. I think it would be cool of the market had a firework section with all the diffrent shapes and colors.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 11:07:39 pm »
I like the idea, just not the spawner part. I think it would be cool of the market had a firework section with all the diffrent shapes and colors.

+5
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 01:32:29 am »

Would be kind of a big section though. According to the wiki there are over 52,000 different rockets.

I was going to suggest it just being firework stars, but the wiki claims there are over 3000 of them.

The only viable thing would be to have gunpowder and possibly paper on the market.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 05:09:37 am »
Firework ingredients? Maybe

Firework Spawners? No
Why?
  • They would cause a considerable amount of lag, since they are considered entities
  • Unless we have a specific command/ plugin that allows it, we, currently, cannot change the properties of a spawner to spawn item entities
  • They would have to be tailored to each person's specific needs, which is time-consuming
  • There is not enough of a need for it

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 10:57:11 am »

Oooh, how about a firework section! You can choose from all the dyes, patterns (glowstone, diamond, fire charge) and them there is paper and gunpowder.
Im back.... I think

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 11:41:45 pm »
i am just hoping that Xeadin won;t come along and ruin the fun for everyone:) (just poking Xeadin:))

Please don't backstab players/ members of staff where it isn't necessary.

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 12:46:27 am »

Firework Spawners? No
Why?
  • They would cause a considerable amount of lag, since they are considered entities
  • Unless we have a specific command/ plugin that allows it, we, currently, cannot change the properties of a spawner to spawn item entities
  • They would have to be tailored to each person's specific needs, which is time-consuming

Ruined...

Nah JKKKKK i agree with him esspecially the lag part.

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 02:55:03 am »

Firework Spawners? No
Why?
oh, i though you could insert items with set damages, like dyed wool. (firework spawners of which i was referring to were solely the random ones, haha i knew it would be a horses hiny to try and make a spawner for each type, so i wouldn't have expected you guys to do that:)) and i understand the lag
i am just hoping that Xeadin won;t come along and ruin the fun for everyone:) (just poking Xeadin:))

Please don't backstab players/ members of staff where it isn't necessary.
and sorry, i was just poking, thats just how i act around my friends, and i would like to think of you guys as my friends:), but i make sure to apologize if i actually offend them or said something that wasnt funny at their expense, so im apologizing.

Sorry, Xeadin, i did not mean to offend you.

(P.S. that whole "ruin the fun for everyone" is just something silly my friend Jack says when were playing MC at school and he shuts down the server because something occurred to his disadvantage. (he says it in a joking manner of course) "well guys, camren killed me, i guess i'll just have to ruin the fun for everyone")
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 03:14:59 am »
the market has everything you need for fireworks except gunpowder and dye colors.

500th post!

Best griefer name ^

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 03:28:57 am »
Would any of you be open to a /kit command which would give you various fireworks or ingredients? It would be something that you would donate for, and would be easier than the previously suggested spawner idea.