May 03, 2024, 08:17:55 pm

Author Topic: Voting needs to be discussed  (Read 22187 times)

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Re: Voting needs to be discussed
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2013, 09:48:48 pm »
Here are the stats for how people arrived on the website, for those doubting we need voting.

http://i.imgur.com/ZsETXp9.png
http://i.imgur.com/N2HQo7X.png
Thanks for the info; I retract my previous statement.

Suggestion one:

I was playing this other server the other day (don't like it) but it had a good system, making you want to vote more, see there is this voting jackpot, they used a currency called credits, so you get 3 credits for voting but, very rarely there is a voting jackpot where instead of getting 3 credits you get 64 or something.

So I was thinking, maybe we could use this? Instead of 3 diamonds very rarely someone could hit the jackpot and get 10 or 30 diamonds, something like that, to increase the amount of voting.

But the only problem I see to this is the players abusing it... I do think the votifier thing should be added though, it will limit the amount of abusers.

Suggestion two:

Have more voting sites, since what optical and nick said before, we get a large s,isn't of our users coming from the voting sites.

Thanks for reading,

Hammy

I don't quite get how this works. They get the credits for voting, but when there's a jackpot everyone gets more credits? Or you put your credits into the lottery and the jackpot winner gets money? Please explain more.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2013, 06:58:50 am »
In response to your questions wyboth:

1.  The server is a CTF (Capture The Flag) and credits it a currency, just like our dollars and cents on opticraft.  Credits are used to buy kits, weapons and foods.

2.  When there is a jackpot only one player wins it, and no, you vote.  Voting is like your ticket to the jackpot.  So it encourages player to vote.  So you get your 'credits' for voting and that counts as your ticket for the jackpot.

Not sure if I have explained in enough detail, if you want to know more, just message me via the forums.
Also side note:  I'm sorry if this sounds like advertising or anything like that.
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2013, 12:06:05 pm »
In response to your questions wyboth:

1.  The server is a CTF (Capture The Flag) and credits it a currency, just like our dollars and cents on opticraft.  Credits are used to buy kits, weapons and foods.

2.  When there is a jackpot only one player wins it, and no, you vote.  Voting is like your ticket to the jackpot.  So it encourages player to vote.  So you get your 'credits' for voting and that counts as your ticket for the jackpot.

Not sure if I have explained in enough detail, if you want to know more, just message me via the forums.
Also side note:  I'm sorry if this sounds like advertising or anything like that.
:D
Ben, why is your post only a smiley face?

Thanks, hammy. I understand enough about it.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 04:15:14 am »
I think this idea would be a better revision of hammy's proposal:

There is a voting lottery. Every vote gives you 1 diamond + 1 entry into the lottery. Then, just like in the server lottery, the computer/webserver/whatever entity runs the voting system, will choose three people in order from 1st place to 3rd place. Those three people are our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place top voters that get the monthly reward.

Best griefer name ^

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 09:44:38 pm »

There is a voting lottery. Every vote gives you 1 diamond + 1 entry into the lottery. Then, just like in the server lottery, the computer/webserver/whatever entity runs the voting system, will choose three people in order from 1st place to 3rd place. Those three people are our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place top voters that get the monthly reward.
Top voter is a reward for top voters, not for someone that votes once and wins.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2013, 11:12:50 pm »

Top voter is a reward for top voters, not for someone that votes once and wins.

I don't think you realize the point of this topic. It's not about people not voting, it's about people being dishonest and only clicking the vote on our website
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 11:34:41 pm »
Wait there is a caption we have to fill out? sorry only had time to read the first page of this thread

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2013, 03:29:47 am »
Wait there is a caption we have to fill out? sorry only had time to read the first page of this thread

Captcha* Yes on every single window that pops up, your vote doesn't actually count until it's entered. Also Optical has said that we are looking into implementing Votifier. Sooooo I'ma lock this.

When Voting for the server, you must fill out the Captcha on the website, otherwise your vote means nothing

We're looking at integrating votifier at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:32:44 am by ☣2crzy4uall☣ »