May 05, 2024, 06:54:21 pm

Author Topic: Melon and pumpkin discussion  (Read 78982 times)

ANTIKOYKOY

• -Player
    • View Profile
Re: Melon and pumpkin discussion
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2012, 06:08:35 pm »
Ok i said this in game, and I'm more then happy to scream it in someones face for hours on end.  :D

Look at the name of the game (literally) "Minecraft" last time i checked that means (basically) mining and crafting.

All you people complaining about your annoying farms becoming useless, your trying to change the name of the game completely. You made this server "Farmcraft" ,sounds like a dumb Facebook game to me. If u can't see that, your blind to the cause.

Opti and the staff are turning the server back into "Minecraft". Why do you have a problem with that?

Basically its not Farmcraft its Minecraft. I'm sure if you asked him Notch would agree with what Opti and the staff is doing.

As far as cacti and stuff like that, it'll be a sad day when u make a massive automatic farm for them. You would truthfully be saying "I am going to do the exact opposite of what this server is about" and personally i don't want someone like that on the server, granted I'm only trusted.

As far as a solution to the possible mess you all seem to know so much about. Mining, ik ik they said it already and you don't like the idea of putting forth effort to make money. I have a farm, its not automatic and its to supply my shop with items. Never-the-less, i know how much time it takes to make a big, neat, good looking farm. It takes days to collect and build, i get it. But wait a second...didn't you go and "mine" for the stuff already? Sell that stuff and oops u made a couple thousand. Please share with me the problem here? Ok sure you wont make a steady income inless u mine daily and granted your farms are ,as you all say, 'useless' but then maybe in between mining you could...craft. Weird how this all works isn't it?

Granted strip mines might conquer the world but with problems comes questions with questions comes solutions.

Bad things come quickly, Good things take some time, Great things take a long time. Deal with it.

How do you think farms get made? (Hint: they're crafted....)

But really, your argument here is a little overboard and much too narrow. So we shouldn't build homes or buildings either? After all, this isn't Buildcraft! Right?

It's a versatile game, and you can do a lot more than just mine and craft. It's not like farming has even been outright banned either. Pumpkins and melons are just being removed from the market. They're still in the game.

I believe this is a fight over opinions. I stated mine and i will leave it at that.

I must add 1 thing to this reply thou.

"How do you think farms get made? (Hint: they're crafted....)"
This is incorrect. Over sized pumpkins and melon farms are not crafted. They are built.
Crafting: an art, trade, or occupation requiring special skill, especially manual skill: the craft of a mason.
Building:to establish, increase, or strengthen (often followed by up ): to build a business; to build up one's hopes.

Automatic farms are not a manual skill and is not an art of any sort. They are nothing but a form of business that they increase to make more profit.

Btw i think you missed my point, farms shouldn't be running the game, mining should be.

The gerne of the game is SANDBOX you can do WHATEVER you like. Either build or farm or kill creepers so the 'farmcraft' term or the 'buldcraft' are ways to be DECIDED by EACH and EVERYONE of us.
"Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else.."

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2012, 06:29:46 pm »
It's a mute argument at this point guys...  It's a done deal, and won't be reversed, so just learn to live with it.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2012, 06:39:24 pm »
Viper, the problem is that Antikoukou(_nos_) is a proven dedicated member of that community.
I told him about all the add-ons to the server and he told me that he will quit.

Optical, acts according to some ideas. But, when these ideas affect the life and popularity according to me and others' opinion here, then the issue is important. When you build a server, you spend all of your life for that. I am sure Optical does that. But, these sharp actions will damage these great efforts.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2012, 07:02:15 pm »
Viper, the problem is that Antikoukou(_nos_) is a proven dedicated member of that community.
I told him about all the add-ons to the server and he told me that he will quit.

Optical, acts according to some ideas. But, when these ideas affect the life and popularity according to me and others' opinion here, then the issue is important. When you build a server, you spend all of your life for that. I am sure Optical does that. But, these sharp actions will damage these great efforts.

Spam, until you've run a server you don't really realize the truth.  EVERY change you make will get flack from some of the community.  You can't please everyone, it'll never happen.

Optical acts in the best interests of the community AS A WHOLE.  He's making a change that he feels is required in order to get this server back to being a Survival Mode server, and I agree with his decision 100%.  The community has been spoiled for far too long and it's about time he brought the server back to what it should be.  

I'm also tired of the argument, not that you ever said it Spam, about the "poor new people".   Know what?  I've sold a few pumpkins and melons on the market but I've never had a big autofarm and I made it through and have done a few big projects just fine.  There are literally millions out there in the minecraft universe doing the same thing daily, on servers that HAVE NO MARKET, so that's a very poor argument in my opinion.

Unlimited money and unlimited resources is not a Survival Server, it's a Creative Server.  Yes, like I said, the change will make a few people angry.  You stated one person who is threatening to leave.  Well, that's one person out of how many thousands registered here?  If they choose to leave just because of this change, then they probably weren't looking to be on a survival server to begin with.  This IS a survival server, first and foremost, so people should consider themselves lucky they even have a market.

Once again, HUGE kudos to Optical, Nick, and all the others who were involved in this decision.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:33:20 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2012, 07:19:53 pm »
Then let him quit, we can't please everyone, you take the good with the bad.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2012, 07:29:35 pm »

+1
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

nffx2000

• You cant be sucsseful without sucsess
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2012, 07:35:17 pm »
+2

Lema

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2012, 07:39:36 pm »
I'm properally going to get rages from people from this post..... But I think it's a great idea! The true aspect of minecraft is to survive and kill zombies and of course MINE. It is not afking to make money (which I sometimes think it ruins the aspect of gaining materials). This gives people a chance to mine instead of afking for ages and causing the server lag. I am not going to say to all those people who created auto farms that they have my sympathy. I think I will only give kascas sympathy but the reason why I'm not is because all of you just afked to make money and lost the true aspect of minecraft. This gives people great oppurtunitys to get mining and more! So guys before you rage and cry and so on. Think about it. What is the true aspect of minecraft? Is it too afk for ages or to do other stuff like survive and mine and such. I am totally for this idea. So peeps think about it. I say it once again what is the true aspect of minecraft?
Peace out.....Radlam.

Lema

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2012, 07:43:38 pm »
+2
+3

stewbasic

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2012, 09:45:35 pm »
Yesterday my friend and I went mining (it's better with someone else) for a few hours. I (not both of us, just me) came home with half a stack of gold, a few diamonds, and four stacks of iron. I'm pretty sure iron sells for 200, so 64x4x200 is 51,200. See that? 51,200 in a few HOURS, not even counting the gold. I may be wrong, but I don't think most farms make that much.
If you sell iron to the market, you'll get $50 each after you smelt them. So that's $12,800 in a few hours (which is not hard to beat with an automated farm).

If you sell to players, they should pay between $50 and $100 (since the market sells iron blocks for $900), so up to $25,600 in a few hours. But trade between players isn't going to inject money into the player base, which is the real issue here.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2012, 10:01:33 pm »
Is it? I dont know, Id only just woken up when I put when I posted that. XD Still, you can make more than enough money.

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
  • I Build to live, And I live to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »
I,m stoked about the removal of pumpkins and melon sales from market. I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks bad will happen from this. Let people quit if they are going to rage over something so stupid. Kudos to the decision makers for this change. You are awesome!!

-MDW-

ANTIKOYKOY

• -Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2012, 12:27:44 am »

The truth is i was gonna quit anyway (from gaming overall). My last year of school is coming up plus my parents are going hystericall about what am i gonna do in my life and whatnot but anyway, because this winter is gonna be very rough for me , well actually the summer too, i want to spend and enjoy the time i have left to its fullest. So the pumpkin removall isnt the reason it just the " herp-derp i've spent my life building autofarms herp-derp, oh tragedy..." ( well i actually havent) And okay.. I admit that i may have raged a little or a lot.. But i have to find something to make up for all that boring hours i spend building my "fail" autofarm in the middle of the desert inside a hill and all that time i've spent placing planks dirt and torces @ DrFnDeos' farm..
Removing pumkins isnt the end of the world as some say but for me, i like te be rest assured that i could manually harvest my 150 pumpkins when i need to buy a ps, and to sell iron? Uhh.. I cant..
At least i can be clean of my subconcious saying that i am lazy , why dont you ask spam how many hours we spent mining. I even built a house out of valualbles and actually sold a full chest of redstone to a mod (wich his name i cant remember)
So with all that said lemme throw a random suggestion: add eggs?? Maybe no but i am gonna fill my farms with chickens anyway. Just because from the beggining i planned to live feeding from a chicken farm.
Now that i have taken all this stuff out of my head i can finally sleep, school preperation class starts in a few hours..
Sorry for the messed post but i am really tired..

_NoS_

"Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else.."

ianhalmond

• SMP TRUSTED My Little Pony Exploding ¥Magic¥
    • View Profile
    • ServerMiner
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2012, 12:29:57 am »
If you have read my post I was trying to say that it would take ages for us to take down our farms and then sell the materials. It would go way faster if we just had people giving back all the materials we put into the farm instead of us wasting hours or even days/weeks taking down what we spent months working on. I wouldn't want to take it down by hand it's to much to do and to much stress for what we spent building them.
http://www.serverminer.com/clients/aff.php?aff=234
Get 20% Off Your First Month With The Code "Spawner"

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2012, 12:53:38 am »
Bro, think about Dr_fn_Deo's farm and leganies farm, that took them ages to build especially Dr.'s that alone would take more than a month to take down.
Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo