May 05, 2024, 11:56:34 am

Author Topic: Melon and pumpkin discussion  (Read 78979 times)

NotABronie

• View Profile
Re: Melon and pumpkin discussion
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2012, 03:03:41 am »
I believe that, in regards to melons and pumpkins, you should be able to sell them but lower the price, also I think you should make all things you can buy things you can sell, and the buy:sell price ratio should remain a solid 3:1 or 2:1 ratio, and I don't care if you lower or raise the prices, for consistency is my ideal. I mostly recommend that you lower because, when I sell my melons I try to sell them 360/stack because I want to make more money and that way the melons are in circulation as opposed to just disappearing from the server. Also I hear most every day people complaining about market prices being way more than what the items are worth. (E.g. I agreement that the cracked stone bricks should be expensive, for there are only 3 places you can find them on the server. But 3k/stack is crazy. I would start to think about buying them if they were 1.5k/stack). Also, I wish that every item that you can obtain legitimately in survival ( excluding TNT and Sulphur) and mob spawners (which would be priced really high because  you can't obtain legitimately ) should be on the market to be either bought or sold to the public or just members (with the naive assumption that guests can't access the member world market to buy or sell.) Lastly I close, hoping you fellow opticrafters consider my ideas by which I have thrown in by my personal insights, ideals, and experiences on this server. :D /msg me on the server if you think that I need a solution to my complaints/suggestions  

Sincerely,

NotABronie

Saving the world, one chunk at a time.
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

stewbasic

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2012, 03:27:53 am »
I NEED to buy things from the market.

> That is not intended. Money should not be a substitute for effort. Melon farms aren't enough effort to make considering their income. The market should only be a convenience. It seems this server has forgotten the meaning of survival.

But protection stones can only be bought from the market. As far as they are concerned, the market is a necessity, not a convenience.

He is obviously speaking in general, it's an obvious thing Protection Stones can only be acquired on the market. All the rest of the stuff in it can be found or crafted.

This is an example of my point about setting prices to encourage certain behaviours. If players are supposed to be buying protection stones from the market, but not buying materials that they can collect or craft, then the former should not be so expensive compared to the latter. By the time a player has raised $1500 to buy a tiny protection stone, spending an extra $500 on materials to fill it out doesn't seem like a big deal.

Do you recommend we increase the costs of materials? Protection stones have to be priced in a way that disallows griefers from simply placing protection stones wherever they please - which has not yet been an issue because the stones aren't cheap.

If you really don't want players buying materials at the market, I would go even further and not have the market sell them (except ones that only have a limited natural supply, like stronghold bricks). But I can see this would be drastic and unpopular.

The high price of protection stones was what drove me (and I suspect others) to look for efficient ways to get money from the market. It'd be great if there were a more feasible way for players to legitimately stake out space to build which couldn't be abused. Maybe a large cheap protection stone which could only be placed far from existing protection stones, and could only be bought by each player once per week? I guess you've probably already considered things like this.

EDIT: Forgot one other suggestion: Another server I played on had a designated "mining area", which was regenerated periodically. This would solve the problem of collecting nonrenewable resources if they were no longer sold at the market.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:35:26 am by stewbasic »

ianhalmond

• SMP TRUSTED My Little Pony Exploding ¥Magic¥
    • View Profile
    • ServerMiner
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2012, 03:49:23 am »
I have spent about 2 or 3 months on my pumpkin farm with many other people and i'm going to have to pay them money for everything they spent on it even when I can't use it. And can u just delete the stuff we built and just refund the materials? Like spawn the amount we used. Because this kinda means I have wasted my time for 3 months X_X
http://www.serverminer.com/clients/aff.php?aff=234
Get 20% Off Your First Month With The Code "Spawner"

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2012, 04:00:22 am »
I have spent about 2 or 3 months on my pumpkin farm with many other people and i'm going to have to pay them money for everything they spent on it even when I can't use it. And can u just delete the stuff we built and just refund the materials? Like spawn the amount we used. Because this kinda means I have wasted my time for 3 months X_X
They will give you the ability to sell back those items, i.e. pistons etc,

prinkey00

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2012, 05:33:43 am »
Ok i said this in game, and I'm more then happy to scream it in someones face for hours on end.  :D

Look at the name of the game (literally) "Minecraft" last time i checked that means (basically) mining and crafting.

All you people complaining about your annoying farms becoming useless, your trying to change the name of the game completely. You made this server "Farmcraft" ,sounds like a dumb Facebook game to me. If u can't see that, your blind to the cause.

Opti and the staff are turning the server back into "Minecraft". Why do you have a problem with that?

Basically its not Farmcraft its Minecraft. I'm sure if you asked him Notch would agree with what Opti and the staff is doing.

As far as cacti and stuff like that, it'll be a sad day when u make a massive automatic farm for them. You would truthfully be saying "I am going to do the exact opposite of what this server is about" and personally i don't want someone like that on the server, granted I'm only trusted.

As far as a solution to the possible mess you all seem to know so much about. Mining, ik ik they said it already and you don't like the idea of putting forth effort to make money. I have a farm, its not automatic and its to supply my shop with items. Never-the-less, i know how much time it takes to make a big, neat, good looking farm. It takes days to collect and build, i get it. But wait a second...didn't you go and "mine" for the stuff already? Sell that stuff and oops u made a couple thousand. Please share with me the problem here? Ok sure you wont make a steady income inless u mine daily and granted your farms are ,as you all say, 'useless' but then maybe in between mining you could...craft. Weird how this all works isn't it?

Granted strip mines might conquer the world but with problems comes questions with questions comes solutions.

Bad things come quickly, Good things take some time, Great things take a long time. Deal with it.

How do you think farms get made? (Hint: they're crafted....)

But really, your argument here is a little overboard and much too narrow. So we shouldn't build homes or buildings either? After all, this isn't Buildcraft! Right?

It's a versatile game, and you can do a lot more than just mine and craft. It's not like farming has even been outright banned either. Pumpkins and melons are just being removed from the market. They're still in the game.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:37:04 am by prinkey00 »

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2012, 05:46:33 am »
maybe we can sell safire ore what ever is the new jem, in 1.3, or maybe coco beans, or tnt, stuff not really usable, and lower protection stones in the member world, coco beans need to be replanted, just like wheat so it could work cuz theres no afk farming, or even nether wart would work, im unset with not selling the stuff cuz u cant make money for protection stones. but try my ideas

-bubblekiller
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

prinkey00

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2012, 06:04:11 am »
maybe we can sell safire ore what ever is the new jem, in 1.3, or maybe coco beans, or tnt, stuff not really usable, and lower protection stones in the member world, coco beans need to be replanted, just like wheat so it could work cuz theres no afk farming, or even nether wart would work, im unset with not selling the stuff cuz u cant make money for protection stones. but try my ideas

-bubblekiller
Wheat can be auto-harvested using sticky pistons though. Replanting just adds one more step while allowing the issue they're trying to solve to remain.

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2012, 06:34:19 am »
they are trying to stop afkers not auto farms
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2012, 06:36:37 am »
So, is it illegal to have any auto farm for anything? Because, to think about it, people could make Cacti or Sugar Cane farms, HOWEVER they probobly would not gane as much money.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2012, 06:41:24 am »
So, is it illegal to have any auto farm for anything? Because, to think about it, people could make Cacti or Sugar Cane farms, HOWEVER they probobly would not gane as much money.

I wouldn't say it's illegal, but quite useless...  Cacti selling is being taken away too, so I wouldn't waste money there.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2012, 07:38:07 am »
Ok  :)
What about Sugar Cane?

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2012, 09:28:42 am »
now 1 question
HOW can i get money
a lot
i need alot of money
i dont have a spawner ( anymore )

ryans1230

• Need Help in SMP? Do "/mail send ryans1230 <msg>"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2012, 10:55:55 am »
now 1 question
HOW can i get money
a lot
i need alot of money
i dont have a spawner ( anymore )

You could mine yourself to death. In less than 15 minutes of mining, starting with a tree, everything you do pays for itself. And while cobblestone is only $15/stack, the pay out can add up quickly, without enchanting your picks. If you mine in a straight line around y:16, you will not only find some diamonds, but enough iron/gold to make more tools. The only thing I have bought from the market is food, and no other resources or materials.

It is possible, just in a smaller pay off.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2012, 11:06:24 am »
Yesterday my friend and I went mining (it's better with someone else) for a few hours. I (not both of us, just me) came home with half a stack of gold, a few diamonds, and four stacks of iron. I'm pretty sure iron sells for 200, so 64x4x200 is 51,200. See that? 51,200 in a few HOURS, not even counting the gold. I may be wrong, but I don't think most farms make that much.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2012, 11:07:32 am »
Especially with a newly regenerated world, it'll be easy to come across some ores and gems.  ;)