May 05, 2024, 03:29:32 pm

Author Topic: Melon and pumpkin discussion  (Read 78981 times)

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: Melon and pumpkin discussion
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2012, 11:38:09 am »
kkk
and can u guys make the nether in the memberworld
so i can find a blaze spawner
use sticky pistons
buy a few
and make more money
like 150k for permanent acces

jko831

• ^ knows everything about Minecraft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2012, 11:40:18 am »
I have a manual farm. This isn't fair.

(click to show/hide)

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2012, 11:55:25 am »

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2012, 12:11:27 pm »
There's I border in the nether y do we need another nether world?
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17:23 pm »
I have spent about 2 or 3 months on my pumpkin farm with many other people and i'm going to have to pay them money for everything they spent on it even when I can't use it. And can u just delete the stuff we built and just refund the materials? Like spawn the amount we used. Because this kinda means I have wasted my time for 3 months X_X
welcome to the club  >:(

they are trying to stop afkers not auto farms

its not just afking, there are multiple reasons involved
and i dont see any solution to afking,
i could just move my mouse every now and then, how are you going to tell if im doing something else meanwhile?
its also about the server lagg, money that is made etc

as for trading with players, i share the opinion of prinkey
whats the use of making a shop and waiting for ages to sell a couple items to some random people
by the time you sold your stock, i could have sold 3 stocks to the market for a slightly lower profit

i would support the auction house idee for sure, wich would also make everyone sell at the "same" ammount ;)
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

ANTIKOYKOY

• -Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2012, 01:52:23 pm »
Ok ok... i ve recently made an autofarm in a size of a lapis ps wich gives like 30 pumpkins per 10 minutes.. it is nothing compared to what materialls and time i have spent..
Remove pumkins and melos okay.. I only have a question:
-Pumkins/Melons today, tomorrow....?

have a nice summer
"Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else.."

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2012, 01:54:03 pm »

the 4th of july

btw, will selling pistons be removed after the 4th aswell? or will they stay
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

ANTIKOYKOY

• -Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2012, 01:55:39 pm »

the 4th of july

It was a rhetoricall question... -.-
"Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else.."

Adriallison44

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2012, 03:35:44 pm »
I agree with what alot of people are saying, i would just like the price lowered like melons 150 and pumpkins 100. That would be more appropriate then just getting rid of them. If they do go away, alot of people will be mad and the only other way to make money is to mine and sell your 2 stacks of 64 cobblestone for 15$ a stack and that lucky iron ingot for fifty. So i feel that just decreasing the price would be better. :)

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2012, 04:13:32 pm »
But counting the gold is somewhat negligable for gold has two uses. Potions of healing, which no one buys, and rails which are only used by people who build roller coasters. I think that auto farms shouldn't be used or the price of melons 'pumpkis and cactus severely dropped because they are practically cashing the market for them and screwing people like me who only sell their melons to make some money on the side and just row pumpkins to make golems
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2012, 04:53:51 pm »
With the remove of melOns and punkins, 1.3 will be out soon, we can maybe sell emeralds, for more then gold maybe, there 25% rarer the diamonds, or only able to get my villagers so it could work for a way for money wat do u guys think??

-bubblekiller
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

Minute_Maid

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2012, 04:55:37 pm »
Ok i said this in game, and I'm more then happy to scream it in someones face for hours on end.  :D

Look at the name of the game (literally) "Minecraft" last time i checked that means (basically) mining and crafting.

All you people complaining about your annoying farms becoming useless, your trying to change the name of the game completely. You made this server "Farmcraft" ,sounds like a dumb Facebook game to me. If u can't see that, your blind to the cause.

Opti and the staff are turning the server back into "Minecraft". Why do you have a problem with that?

Basically its not Farmcraft its Minecraft. I'm sure if you asked him Notch would agree with what Opti and the staff is doing.

As far as cacti and stuff like that, it'll be a sad day when u make a massive automatic farm for them. You would truthfully be saying "I am going to do the exact opposite of what this server is about" and personally i don't want someone like that on the server, granted I'm only trusted.

As far as a solution to the possible mess you all seem to know so much about. Mining, ik ik they said it already and you don't like the idea of putting forth effort to make money. I have a farm, its not automatic and its to supply my shop with items. Never-the-less, i know how much time it takes to make a big, neat, good looking farm. It takes days to collect and build, i get it. But wait a second...didn't you go and "mine" for the stuff already? Sell that stuff and oops u made a couple thousand. Please share with me the problem here? Ok sure you wont make a steady income inless u mine daily and granted your farms are ,as you all say, 'useless' but then maybe in between mining you could...craft. Weird how this all works isn't it?

Granted strip mines might conquer the world but with problems comes questions with questions comes solutions.

Bad things come quickly, Good things take some time, Great things take a long time. Deal with it.

How do you think farms get made? (Hint: they're crafted....)

But really, your argument here is a little overboard and much too narrow. So we shouldn't build homes or buildings either? After all, this isn't Buildcraft! Right?

It's a versatile game, and you can do a lot more than just mine and craft. It's not like farming has even been outright banned either. Pumpkins and melons are just being removed from the market. They're still in the game.

I believe this is a fight over opinions. I stated mine and i will leave it at that.

I must add 1 thing to this reply thou.

"How do you think farms get made? (Hint: they're crafted....)"
This is incorrect. Over sized pumpkins and melon farms are not crafted. They are built.
Crafting: an art, trade, or occupation requiring special skill, especially manual skill: the craft of a mason.
Building:to establish, increase, or strengthen (often followed by up ): to build a business; to build up one's hopes.

Automatic farms are not a manual skill and is not an art of any sort. They are nothing but a form of business that they increase to make more profit.

Btw i think you missed my point, farms shouldn't be running the game, mining should be.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2012, 05:07:43 pm »
With the remove of melOns and punkins, 1.3 will be out soon, we can maybe sell emeralds, for more then gold maybe, there 25% rarer the diamonds, or only able to get my villagers so it could work for a way for money wat do u guys think??

-bubblekiller

They say they're rarer, but you know what?  In my experience playing the Snapshot I've found way more emeralds than I have diamonds.  I have like 2 stacks of emeralds but only 17 diamonds.  So I don't know if that's truly fact or not.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

prinkey00

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2012, 05:19:38 pm »
they are trying to stop afkers not auto farms

Yeah, but what would most people do while they waited for the wheat to grow? Probably afk..

Yesterday my friend and I went mining (it's better with someone else) for a few hours. I (not both of us, just me) came home with half a stack of gold, a few diamonds, and four stacks of iron. I'm pretty sure iron sells for 200, so 64x4x200 is 51,200. See that? 51,200 in a few HOURS, not even counting the gold. I may be wrong, but I don't think most farms make that much.

Mine can make about $50k every 30-45 minutes during peak hours, but at night and in the morning when less people are on, I can make that ever 15 minutes, presumably due to the lower server tick. Mine wasn't finished either, and I expect that I would have made double that if I had finished the tower I was working on. But I had plans to build another tower if the first one worked out, and that would have quadrupled my numbers. The only real limitation here is being able to keep the chunk loaded, which typically results in afk farming.

Keep in mind that I've only been here a month too. When I joined, it was very apparent that farming was how the other /baltop players were making their money, and it seemed like the only viable option, which is why so many people went this route.

That being said, mining is much more fun and rewarding in all other aspects, and it's only logical to have that be worth the most amount of money.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2012, 05:26:10 pm »

the 4th of july

I havent decided yet.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident