May 15, 2024, 10:59:46 am

Author Topic: Member World Update  (Read 66984 times)

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
Re: Member World Update
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2012, 12:40:22 pm »
Dude this is gunna be awesome, and yes do not explore to far as the ore wont spawn then.
Doest really matter. The spawn rate is 25 times rarer than diamond and people will kill all the testigicates by the end of the week

Why would people want to kill all the testificates by the end of the week?

Because that's what people are like.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2012, 12:51:51 pm »
It's a shame but that's what people do I'm afraid. One thing I am really looking forward to in the future is guards in the guard towers which will hopefully protect villagers from being attacked.

I was trying out the testificate trade system in the new snapshot and you can trade wheat, books and other things for other items or emeralds so even if there are a few NPCs you can get them legit.

brpbrpbrp

• Awesome Helper/Donater
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2012, 07:09:00 pm »
What? i already hav a lot of stuff n this world..... guess i destroy everything i hav and move there. will money be moved over too?
Aim for the bushes

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2012, 07:34:12 pm »
What? i already hav a lot of stuff n this world..... guess i destroy everything i hav and move there. will money be moved over too?
You wont have to move if you don't want to.
Money/Items are carried over from world to world.

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2012, 10:11:08 pm »
I love about the update that you can go back and forth to the new and old with stuff you carrying then you can go mining and return home after because old world pretty bear if you know what i mean  ;)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2012, 10:27:16 pm »
1. I've been thinking, and I think a fresh start, with a no carrying over rule might be a lot better. The fun thing about Minecraft is the getting materials, there is no "endgame" content, which is exactly what the server is in now.
I think the new world will be ruined by people like this:
I love about the update that you can go back and forth to the new and old with stuff you carrying then you can go mining and return home after because old world pretty bear if you know what i mean  ;)

It will just be turned into a mining wasteland. It may be too late to change now, but I would like to hear other's opinions on this, because if you want to build, stay in the old world, you can get griefs fixed easily, or come to the new world and ask for donations, either works.

EDIT: And if not, possibly plans for a map wipe every so often? However nice it is, we have to change map eventually, and maybe every 3/4 months would be fair (With map up for download once it is removed).

2. Would it be possible to keep about 5 testificates protected at spawn, so you can still have the option of trading, even if all the villagers are dead (If you have your own... hey! more options for you!).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:31:09 pm by clawstrider »

Grand_Paladin

• Also ForsakenEden!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2012, 11:14:16 pm »
I personally agree with you claw, but a SMP server is bound to have most of its blocks dug up. Either way, people will want to aquire space and materials. Tbh this 1.3 is going to conflict with the server we have now. Regardless of how much of member+ world gets created on the outskirts. The built-in currency of 1.3 will conlift with our current currency. Due to not being able to find emeralds, or having them sold at shop. With the old world and the new gravel. . . Will shops update? and wat happens if new gravel goes into old world?
The reason their is no downwards ^ on your keyboard is because you can not predict when the next griefer will strike.
*Raises Banhammer solemnly* -_-

andrew2166

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2012, 02:27:34 am »
can you give us an estamated time on when its offical relise date is

sorry i cant spell!!!!!!!

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2012, 02:41:40 am »
can you give us an estamated time on when its offical relise date is

sorry i cant spell!!!!!!!
Read the original post

All that is left are server side things that optical will need to sort out. Unfortunately, he is very busy at the moment so I cannot give you guys an accurate time for the worlds release, but we are working hard on getting you guys onto the new world.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2012, 06:25:44 am »
Dude this is gunna be awesome, and yes do not explore to far as the ore wont spawn then.
Doest really matter. The spawn rate is 25 times rarer than diamond and people will kill all the testigicates by the end of the week

Why would people want to kill all the testificates by the end of the week?

First thing I do when the new world opens is take some Lapis and Coal PS and find a village.  I'm gonna build a wall witha glass roof around that sucker so griefers can't get to the testigicates.

I'll call it "Project: Save The Testi's"   ;D
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2012, 06:42:39 am »
Go by walking to that testi.
I walked 6000 blocks to find one. With that way you will see how easy it is.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2012, 06:57:30 am »
I personally agree with you claw, but a SMP server is bound to have most of its blocks dug up. Either way, people will want to aquire space and materials. Tbh this 1.3 is going to conflict with the server we have now. Regardless of how much of member+ world gets created on the outskirts. The built-in currency of 1.3 will conlift with our current currency. Due to not being able to find emeralds, or having them sold at shop. With the old world and the new gravel. . . Will shops update? and wat happens if new gravel goes into old world?
It's not a new item, it's just a retexture. Just like the sandstone blocks, dispensers, etc on the 1.2.5

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2012, 07:48:21 am »
Sandstone blocks weren't re-textured, new types of it were added.

Mattmoo

• Mattmoo Appears *Roar* Trusted on Smp.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2012, 07:57:48 am »
Cool as guys. Finally needed a new world!

alinkintime

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2012, 04:22:33 pm »
So how exactly do you get to the new member world?