May 06, 2024, 02:01:49 pm

Author Topic: Something strange  (Read 16020 times)

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
Something strange
« on: May 22, 2012, 11:27:10 am »
Sorry i didn't get a pick

I just went onto the forums just them and the "forum tab" the Little ore at the top was completely different, it was a cube shape that was orange and this symbol ( http://www.tldm.org/News10/Hammer3.png ) was black, i don't know if it was deliberate or it was a mistake of some sort, but im not kidding something about the ore changed :O
Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo

matticus21

• 1 hand u-turn
    • View Profile
Re: Something strange
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 11:38:30 am »
the russian hammer and sickle?

matticus21

• 1 hand u-turn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:42:22 am »
you sure u didnt just see redstone ore?

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 12:08:28 pm »
Nope im 100% sure! it was there bright orange!

fuck notch, yo

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:17:01 pm »
I see you've found the hidden banner, good work ;)

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 12:25:41 pm »
Dee beat me to it... But yea, its our hidden banner. You get it out of, what, 1 out of 1000?
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Bahraindude_2497

• The Watcher
  • I'm always watching you - Greifers - ALWAYS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 12:33:45 pm »
Lucky! I havent found it yet... Must keep trying!  :P

Chicken walking to GLOBAL DOMINATION!

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 02:21:20 pm »
I don't even know why there's a hammer & sickle there.
To me, it's just as offensive as a swastika (Even worse)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Book_of_Communism

I don't think over 100million people dead people & their families. I really didn't want to bring this up, But i'm truly disgusted that this goes by as a joking matter. that the hammer and sickle is 'cool'.

The sickle and hammer may have represented good standards of living, equality, and a better world. But you know what? So did the swastika. But both those icons represent something much darker, because they've been stained with the blood of over a million innocent lives.

I hope that the removal of this dark symbol is removed. Opticraft shouldn't represent anything political, if not genocidal.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 02:25:18 pm »
I see you've found the hidden banner, good work ;)
haha sick! didn't know about it xP it was soo random i was like what the heck. Reloaded page and it was gone :/

I don't think over 100million people dead people & their families. I really didn't want to bring this up, But i'm truly disgusted that this goes by as a joking matter. that the hammer and sickle is 'cool'.

The sickle and hammer may have represented good standards of living, equality, and a better world. But you know what? So did the swastika. But both those icons represent something much darker, because they've been stained with the blood of over a million innocent lives.

I hope that the removal of this dark symbol is removed. Opticraft shouldn't represent anything political, if not genocidal.

So true Tabooti i support your cause :)

fuck notch, yo

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 05:35:04 pm »
Thanks, I hope Opti notices it. If not try to bring this to his attention :P
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 05:46:58 pm »

Tabooti, the hammer and sickle is not a symbol of genocide. The hammer and sickle represents a unity of peasants and workers. Just because the Soviet Union adapted it and used it on their flag doesn't mean it has been "stained with the blood of millions". In fact, the only thing that should be stained with the blood of millions of lives are the reputations of the horrible dictators that led groups like the Red Army and the Nazis. Communism, as it may seem hated by the general public, is a great idea 'on paper', but as human greed shows us in history, communism has never worked in real life. I think that this banner is nothing but a harmless little secret. There is no reason for it to be removed because it doesn't represent what you say it does.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 06:21:36 pm »
It's the same symbol used to justify the deaths of Millions. And I just refuted that logic of yours, that it's fine, because the original idea of it was good, not bad.

The swastika was also understood as "the symbol of the creating, acting life" (das Symbol des schaffenden, wirkenden Lebens) and as "race emblem of Germanism" (Rasseabzeichen des Germanentums).[64]

"The symbol of creative, acting life." That seems so undeniably harmless as well. no? Yet the swastika & anything that resembles it is banned in Europe. Not because of the intention of the symbol, But because what was done to justify their atrocities.

Passing it as "I think that this banner is nothing but a harmless little secret." is an insult to the millions of people who died because they simply failed to continue clapping for stalin for 2 hours, or simply because they were religious. or even anti-communists.

Imagine a jew being okay with a swastika displayed on a minecraft website, and then having someone justifying it by saying "No, it's okay. because the swastika represents the creating, acting life. and the symbol doesn't represent what the nazis did with it"

Quote from: chief of the Ukrainian Cheka, explained in the newspaper Red Terror:
Do not look in the file of incriminating evidence to see whether or not the accused rose up against the Soviets with arms or words. Ask him instead to which class he belongs, what is his background, his education, his profession. These are the questions that will determine the fate of the accused. That is the meaning and essence of the Red Terror.

People where executed, because of their backgrounds, and their social levels in the name of communism, and in the name of the 'red revolution'.

You said "The soviet union adapted and used it on their flag".NO NO NO. THIS is how the USSAR was formed, The sickle was the banner that they won their bloody revolution with, it's the symbol that started the reign of an oppressive regime up till 1989.

Anyhow, I'm going to conclude this with this quote, from the Hammer & Sickle wikipedia.
However, in several countries in Eastern Europe, there are laws that define the hammer and sickle as the symbol of a "totalitarian and criminal ideology", and the public display of the hammer and sickle and other communist symbols such as the red star is considered a criminal offence. Hungary,[3] Lithuania[4] have banned the symbol along with other communist symbols. A similar law was considered in Estonia, but eventually failed in a parliamentary committee. The foreign ministers of Lithuania, Latvia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic called for an EU-wide ban on communist symbols in 2010, urging the EU "to criminalize the approval, denial or belittling of communist crimes" and stating that "the denial of such crimes should be treated the same way as the denial of the Holocaust and must be banned by law"

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:35:20 pm by Hasan -Tabooti »
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 07:37:24 pm »
It's the same symbol used to justify the deaths of Millions. And I just refuted that logic of yours, that it's fine, because the original idea of it was good, not bad.

The swastika was also understood as "the symbol of the creating, acting life" (das Symbol des schaffenden, wirkenden Lebens) and as "race emblem of Germanism" (Rasseabzeichen des Germanentums).[64]

"The symbol of creative, acting life." That seems so undeniably harmless as well. no? Yet the swastika & anything that resembles it is banned in Europe. Not because of the intention of the symbol, But because what was done to justify their atrocities.

Passing it as "I think that this banner is nothing but a harmless little secret." is an insult to the millions of people who died because they simply failed to continue clapping for stalin for 2 hours, or simply because they were religious. or even anti-communists.

Imagine a jew being okay with a swastika displayed on a minecraft website, and then having someone justifying it by saying "No, it's okay. because the swastika represents the creating, acting life. and the symbol doesn't represent what the nazis did with it"

Quote from: chief of the Ukrainian Cheka, explained in the newspaper Red Terror:
Do not look in the file of incriminating evidence to see whether or not the accused rose up against the Soviets with arms or words. Ask him instead to which class he belongs, what is his background, his education, his profession. These are the questions that will determine the fate of the accused. That is the meaning and essence of the Red Terror.

People where executed, because of their backgrounds, and their social levels in the name of communism, and in the name of the 'red revolution'.

You said "The soviet union adapted and used it on their flag".NO NO NO. THIS is how the USSAR was formed, The sickle was the banner that they won their bloody revolution with, it's the symbol that started the reign of an oppressive regime up till 1989.

Anyhow, I'm going to conclude this with this quote, from the Hammer & Sickle wikipedia.
However, in several countries in Eastern Europe, there are laws that define the hammer and sickle as the symbol of a "totalitarian and criminal ideology", and the public display of the hammer and sickle and other communist symbols such as the red star is considered a criminal offence. Hungary,[3] Lithuania[4] have banned the symbol along with other communist symbols. A similar law was considered in Estonia, but eventually failed in a parliamentary committee. The foreign ministers of Lithuania, Latvia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic called for an EU-wide ban on communist symbols in 2010, urging the EU "to criminalize the approval, denial or belittling of communist crimes" and stating that "the denial of such crimes should be treated the same way as the denial of the Holocaust and must be banned by law"

Good points here that I did not think of. I guess its up to the Admins to decide.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 08:04:31 am »
Idk, it was said that the logo was created by Relkeb for us.. Especially for us..

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 08:15:21 am »

*skips arguments*

quit arguing. it's just for fun.