May 19, 2024, 07:13:08 am

Author Topic: fire  (Read 2902 times)

gxpkiller

• Don't get close, I'm deadly!
    • View Profile
fire
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:55:07 am »
i think that normal players should be aloud to make fire with flint and steel but if they start lighting others or houses on fire ban them if continues then only to trusted and higher

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
Re: fire
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:55:54 am »
It's not going to happen. It is a fact that they will eventually do it.

wingsnut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:15:29 am »
Isn't it possible to disable burning and fire spread? ???

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:20:46 am »
Fire spread is disabled. But fire for members or trusted will never happen. If you need fire, contact a moderator.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:05:39 am »
Fire for members will never happen. We've already had a few incidents involving a few higher-ranking players (Moderators included) with improper use of fire privileges. The fact that this misuse is MULTIPLIED when in the hands of members/ guests is something that we do not want at all.

If you need fire, contact a moderator.

gxpkiller

• Don't get close, I'm deadly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 02:34:07 am »
also there should be pistons on sale at market on smp server sticky piston included

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 02:36:17 am »
The point of the game is to find resources for yourself. If we give it all to you, what's left of the gameplay?

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 04:54:35 am »
Possibly, there will exist a solution for sticky pistons.
Btw, people have sticky pistons, but they dont sell them.

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 05:55:47 am »
The point of the game is to find resources for yourself. If we give it all to you, what's left of the gameplay?

The point of a server is to provide the same experience as that of SSP. Right now, it is not. In regular SSP, mobs spawn heaps and slimes are somewhat easier to find. In Opticraft, anyone who finds a slime should consider themselves extremely lucky, and mob farms are decreasing in value and effectiveness. The only real way to earn XP is to go to the Nether and get a blaze spawner, and don't we all know that that's a tedious effort.

My point is Salas is that if we are unable to find those resources, how are we EXPECTED to get these resources?

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 07:30:22 am »
also there should be pistons on sale at market on smp server sticky piston included

I know someone with a couple o' stacks of sticky pistons... Contact him maybe?

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 11:36:32 am »

The point of a server is to provide the same experience as that of SSP. Right now, it is not. In regular SSP, mobs spawn heaps and slimes are somewhat easier to find. In Opticraft, anyone who finds a slime should consider themselves extremely lucky, and mob farms are decreasing in value and effectiveness. The only real way to earn XP is to go to the Nether and get a blaze spawner, and don't we all know that that's a tedious effort.

My point is Salas is that if we are unable to find those resources, how are we EXPECTED to get these resources?

Well, that's how minecraft is made, if slimes are rare, that's the whole point isn't it?