April 29, 2024, 07:22:32 am

Author Topic: A new rank  (Read 10632 times)

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: A new rank
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 05:54:57 am »
There is no need for an "Honorable" rank. As somebody said, I think it was logan or Nick, there's a reason why only mod+ can place lava. And is it really a big problem to ask, " can a mod place lava for me?" 

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 06:01:32 am »
There is no need for an "Honorable" rank. As somebody said, I think it was logan or Nick, there's a reason why only mod+ can place lava. And is it really a big problem to ask, " can a mod place lava for me?" 

Well, wouldn't it start to get annoying if you are making something such as a lava or obsidian room that requires a lot of lava specifically placed.

"Place it here?"
"No, over a bit,"
"Okay, here?"
"No! Down a bit!"

At this point, especially if multiple requests for that specific mod had been made, he / she will have gotton annoyed. As you can see, this is why we could have Honourable rank.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 06:05:18 am »
We dont have a non staff rank that can place lava because we dont want a lot of lava on the server. Lava is dangerous and mistakes can turn out very bad.
I understand that you want it to save some time for mods but in reality, we don't want lava any place people could fall in. It is too much of a risk factor and we wouldn't want the "Honorable Rank" to be placing it for players because moderators barely have the ability to place lava. We recently got the ability to place lava so if they are worried about moderators messing up think of having regular players with lava.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 06:06:05 am »
Water requests can be just that difficult, beno......you just need patience and trust in the mod that responds to your lava request.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 12:31:02 am »
http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,9455.0.html

Read this.

I think a new rank for decorative purposes and PvP monitoring could be introduced. It could eb a very limited position, call it Game Keeper. I know it's extremely unlikely, but think about how much a successful and well thought out system of this could be. If we could write original code and make it exclusive Opticraft, it would boost numbers tremendously. I know, I'm just trusted and I don't have much say in the server. But I think if we could Professionally incorporate this, it would truly be a good addition to the server.

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 04:01:23 pm »
Water requests can be just that difficult, beno......you just need patience and trust in the mod that responds to your lava request.

In mod we trust? :P

But yeah I guess until lava doesn't pose such a high threat to the server, we'll just have to leave it to them.  It's a shame that you have to be tied to other obligations like anti-griefing duty and other player requests just to have the ability to use lava (which is in increasing demand lately) but I guess thats just how it is....

I sorta asked this earlier but I'll ask it again:  Is it possible for player placed lava to be harmless to other players but world generated lava to still be dangerous?  In my opinion that'd recitfy the lava issue because then ppl (most likely trusted) could use the lava for decoration without changing the overall challenge of avoiding world generated lava. 

Also if player placed lava can't be programed to be harmless think of it like this: Water can be destructive too if put into the wrong players hands.  It's pretty easy to drown an unsuspecting player given the right scenario.  It can also destroy crops, torches, paintings and other things *coughredstonecircuitItookdaystomakecough* Fire spreading wouldn't be an issue because I heard its disabled?  Also like water placement, that player is responsible for their lava plament and must use it in a place that woundn't compromise their rank.

Yomo

• Livin It Big
  • IGN: Yomomma750
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 05:38:24 pm »
Why cant we all just conclude that for now we wont be adding any new ranks. We talked it over a little bit but for now we will leave it the way it is

laurenstair

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2012, 03:59:34 am »
I'm 1/2 with this... also, (off topic) How do i make a picture??? Like Bantam's, Logan's, etc. Im also know as arboretum01 btw. :)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2012, 05:23:25 am »
I'm 1/2 with this... also, (off topic) How do i make a picture??? Like Bantam's, Logan's, etc. Im also know as arboretum01 btw. :)
If I am correct, I think you are talking about their signature. Just go to signaturecraft.us .Then make and customize your signature.
When you are done, copy the link.

Then go to your profile and click Forum Profile Information. Finally, paste the link under signature and save. And you should be good to go from there.