April 20, 2024, 01:23:51 pm

Author Topic: Player Rules and Guidelines  (Read 41373 times)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Player Rules and Guidelines
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 02:08:23 am »
To add to a pressing matter:

Using /pay to give out money to multiple members at once QUALIFIES as Spam.

If this continues to play out, The /pay command WILL BE TAKEN AWAY from you! Do NOT abuse those privileges any further!

Victor1261

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 12:08:44 pm »

If this continues to play out, The /pay command WILL BE TAKEN AWAY from you! Do NOT abuse those privileges any further!

What do you mean by multiple members? I thought you could only pay 1 person at a time, as of the command parameters.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 12:50:58 pm »

What do you mean by multiple members? I thought you could only pay 1 person at a time, as of the command parameters.
As it turns out.. You can pay multiple people at a time. How it is done will not be revealed for obvious reasons.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 09:19:41 pm »
Im pretty sure that no one follows the rule about owning mob spawners

How so?  The rules state;

1.   Players cannot own mobs spawners. Mob spawners are made by the server so a player cannot claim that a mob spawner is theirs. What a player can do is build around the mob spawner so someone would have to grief to get inside.

I haven't seen anyone abusing this.  People say they're selling spawners because it's easy to say that, but what they're actually selling is the structure that is protecting the spawner from being used by other players.  When you pay to use a spawner, you're not paying for the spawner, you're paying for access to the building around the spawner.  "Owning" something in Minecraft it means you have full control of it and can pick it up and move it elsewhere if you want.  Players can't do this.  Spawners are stationary and can't be put into an inventory and moved.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:21:17 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 06:01:31 pm »
Guideline 5:

We are NOT allowed to take items without paying, or you have to be careful?

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 11:53:45 am »
For the guideline 1,

This means that someone can come and break my spawner while im selling it? Isn't that griefing? This happened to me twice and it is really bad.

Check it out! ;)

DiamondKnight629

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 08:02:20 pm »
Remember to report anyone breaking these rules to a mod.

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2012, 05:10:07 am »
Whoaa I thought you could claim a spawner as ur own, i guess not
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2012, 06:31:01 pm »
This is something that needs to be sorted out before this becomes a depressing issue:

The server Operators DO have access to creative mode, BUT we do NOT use this to give items to other players-- even if you are willing to pay.

We are not mobile markets (and we have never been)-- the ONLY thing we use creative mode for, by far, is to replace broken or glitched protection stones. We will NOT provide players with anything outside of those bounds (unless special situations or conditions are met).

There have been very few cases where this has happened, and the only way to prevent this from happening any further is to make it known to other players.

Nobody is in trouble, but this needed to be said. It is important that you respect the high staff's words, and for us to confer with each other to keep tabs on what is expected [not only of us, but] from other players as well.

Cybys

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 07:36:55 pm »
I'm a new player on Opticraft and I have a couple questions:

1. On other servers I played on, we protected monster spawners by placing LWC'd signs on them. It's cheap and still leaves them available for anyone to use. Is this practice allowed on this server?

2. There's an obvious way to completely prevent scamming in trade: player-owned iConomy chest shops. Is there a reason we don't have this?

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 07:52:17 pm »
I'm a new player on Opticraft and I have a couple questions:

1. On other servers I played on, we protected monster spawners by placing LWC'd signs on them. It's cheap and still leaves them available for anyone to use. Is this practice allowed on this server?

2. There's an obvious way to completely prevent scamming in trade: player-owned iConomy chest shops. Is there a reason we don't have this?

1 - Not thought of using LWC this way, it's up to you how you protect the spawner so it would be fine I guess. It's just a bit easier to have a protection stone to stop people from breaking their way in too.

2 - If you search the forums for a bit you'll see a few threads and posts regarding this, main reasons being that we don't want shops dotted around the landscapes which cost varying prices - the market gives a layout price which players can use as a guide to make their shops. Most people should be trustworthy enough to trade with anyway, but make sure you trust them completely before making a move.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 07:00:51 am »
Added a few lines to get rid of the ridiculous amount of stickied topics in this board.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

CHEN_Penno

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2013, 11:11:24 am »
Im just wondering how does the server pickup hacks cuz im using this anti lag thingy

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2013, 11:20:17 am »
We have our ways. Also, unless its optifine, its not allowed. Please remove it.

hazique247

• I Love Nuclear
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »
How can i install optifine mod?
Eat Uranium.