April 28, 2024, 08:44:01 am

Author Topic: A good way to make any image a sprite.  (Read 1263 times)

ZombieShredder11

• View Profile
A good way to make any image a sprite.
« on: August 24, 2011, 12:30:12 am »
I have a tip for those wanting to make any kind of image into a sprite.  I'm sure there's other ways but I found it easy to open the image into paint and then open the Image Resize box.  You should be able to choose the resize by pixel.  With this, shrink the image to about 1/4th of its size.  For example, if the image it 800 pixels by 400 pixels, resize it to 200x100.  The other variable (horizontal or vertical) will change based on your input.  Finally, zoom in so the new image is nice and big to see the individual pixels. I hope this was helpful for some people!  It certainly will be for me! :D

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: A good way to make any image a sprite.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:57:44 am »
I have a tip for those wanting to make any kind of image into a sprite.  I'm sure there's other ways but I found it easy to open the image into paint and then open the Image Resize box.  You should be able to choose the resize by pixel.  With this, shrink the image to about 1/4th of its size.  For example, if the image it 800 pixels by 400 pixels, resize it to 200x100.  The other variable (horizontal or vertical) will change based on your input.  Finally, zoom in so the new image is nice and big to see the individual pixels. I hope this was helpful for some people!  It certainly will be for me! :D

Thats what I do :D