April 20, 2024, 08:41:29 am

Author Topic: How to make minecraft on wom works 100% faster with no LAG!  (Read 15487 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: How to make minecraft on wom works 100% faster with no LAG!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 08:42:23 am »
I might try this out on my laptop since my desktop gets like 500FPS on average, I'll let you know how it works.

My netbook can easily handle WoM, although I do have quite a few overheating issues, of which I imagine this program would make it worse, but why would you want it? I find that you don't really notice fps go up after about 40ish max... Your eye cannot detect too many frames a second.
Your eye cannot detect more than 60FPS. And even though my laptop has a pretty good processor, i still get like 19fps full screen with no fog.

Like me :/ btw my computer was never slow it has 4gb ram and intel core i3 and 320gb hard disk with ati radeon hd graphic card but screw toshiba :/

Yeah, but what do you use full fog off for? I find that when I am building, I prefer to only be able to see my build, so have fog on. It focuses my attention more. When im not building, I generally have no fog or one level of fog on. I find unless you are patrolling big areas (Viewing builds or looking for grief/swasticas) fog is fine.
Well i rarely play on my laptop and since my desktop can handle no fog all the time and still have a huge ammount of FPS, i just got used to it.

Anyway I tried this out, it increased my FPS from 19 to around 26. So does it work? Yes. Does it increase speed 100% with no lag, No.

How can you use a desktop, I found using a mouse (With minecraft, generally it is easier) so much harder than my Laptop Trackpad...

Ontopic: Glad it worked, could be useful for some people with really slow computers.

You didn't actually write anything there ???

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 10:35:44 am »
I might try this out on my laptop since my desktop gets like 500FPS on average, I'll let you know how it works.

My netbook can easily handle WoM, although I do have quite a few overheating issues, of which I imagine this program would make it worse, but why would you want it? I find that you don't really notice fps go up after about 40ish max... Your eye cannot detect too many frames a second.
Your eye cannot detect more than 60FPS. And even though my laptop has a pretty good processor, i still get like 19fps full screen with no fog.

Like me :/ btw my computer was never slow it has 4gb ram and intel core i3 and 320gb hard disk with ati radeon hd graphic card but screw toshiba :/

Yeah, but what do you use full fog off for? I find that when I am building, I prefer to only be able to see my build, so have fog on. It focuses my attention more. When im not building, I generally have no fog or one level of fog on. I find unless you are patrolling big areas (Viewing builds or looking for grief/swasticas) fog is fine.
Well i rarely play on my laptop and since my desktop can handle no fog all the time and still have a huge ammount of FPS, i just got used to it.

Anyway I tried this out, it increased my FPS from 19 to around 26. So does it work? Yes. Does it increase speed 100% with no lag, No.

How can you use a desktop, I found using a mouse (With minecraft, generally it is easier) so much harder than my Laptop Trackpad...

Ontopic: Glad it worked, could be useful for some people with really slow computers.

You didn't actually write anything there ???
o.o didnt notice that well glade u told me :P i fixed it

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 01:12:29 pm »

I have 4gb ram on my notebook :P

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 04:14:52 pm »

Are you saying it's easier to use a trackpad than a mouse?
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 04:26:50 pm »

Are you saying it's easier to use a trackpad than a mouse?

That is exactly what I am saying.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »
Uhhh, you might be the only one in the world with that view.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 04:57:32 pm »
Uhhh, you might be the only one in the world with that view.

Ok :( But I like it, I really find it helpful. Mouse is so confusing to play with, especially on a big desktop screen...

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 05:13:22 pm »
Confusing? You move it to where you want the cursor to go. I myself find using the track pad a nightmare and i avoid using it whenever i can. I have a separate wireless mouse for my laptop so i dont have to use the track pad.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 05:38:51 pm »
Confusing? You move it to where you want the cursor to go. I myself find using the track pad a nightmare and i avoid using it whenever i can. I have a separate wireless mouse for my laptop so i dont have to use the track pad.

I admit It can be a bit dodgey after the laptop has been asleep for a while, but a quick restart and/or wipe of the trackpad fixes all that.

ThuGie

• ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • ThuGie Gangster Game
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 11:48:27 pm »
Hey,

You said it was made by microsoft ?
I googled speeder.exe but no result even included microsoft in the search yet nothing.

Could you post a link to the file on microsoft.com ?
As i really don't trust it lol.

More like what does it do it speed it up ?
Does it work for all windows applications or just 3d games or what ?

Edit:
Here's a bit info about the exe.
Original name Contig.exe
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897428
For more information.. why the hell did you name it speeder.exe :S.

And -s
-s   Use the -s switch to perform a recursive processing of subdirectories when you specify a filename with wildcards.

Btw its a defrag tool.. you sure it makes it faster ?
Does the client really read/write that much ?

Edit:
Summary:
     Number of files processed   : 260
     Number of files defragmented: 0
     All files were either already defragmented or unable to be defragmented.

For me it did do nothing btw :p.
meh got 8gb mem quad core 4gb mem card.
To bad it only uses 1 core though lol.

Anybody know how to make wom use more core's ?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:58:33 pm by ThuGie »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 12:50:18 am »
There is no way to make it use more than 1 core as far as i know but you should have no problem running this is you have a quad core. As i stated i get 500fps on average. What processor do you have?
Which one of those values is for your ram?

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 05:20:24 am »
umm its real name is contig i named it to speeder..

ThuGie

• ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • ThuGie Gangster Game
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 06:45:26 pm »
There is no way to make it use more than 1 core as far as i know but you should have no problem running this is you have a quad core. As i stated i get 500fps on average. What processor do you have?

Lol no dont have any problems at all
8gb ram memory
a quad core
4gb video ram.

Hope this is more clear haha.
But was just wondering if it was posible to use more cores :).

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 06:49:33 pm »

8gb ram memory
a quad core
4gb video ram.

ummmm, 4gb video ram? Are you using crossfire or sli? Because the only single GPU that i know that has 4gb video ram costs $2800

ThuGie

• ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • ThuGie Gangster Game
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 12:53:44 am »

8gb ram memory
a quad core
4gb video ram.

ummmm, 4gb video ram? Are you using crossfire or sli? Because the only single GPU that i know that has 4gb video ram costs $2800

Yeah to tell you the truth i'm not even quite sure it is 4gb.
I bought the pc new sign said and guy said 1gb video ram.
Windows 7 ultimate says 4gb ram <mistake i asume.
Or the guy put in the wrong video card as it was just a newly assambled pc with all new parts he just recieved :).
And cpu-z thinks its 512mb, and isnt sure what kind of video card it is.

around the 24th i'm going back there for something about this pc.
And will request a checkup on this.

BTW in a internal gpu..
So yeah i myself doubt the 4gb there.
But still i like to say its 4gb!