April 25, 2024, 12:15:16 pm

Author Topic: Operator Application - lLLEGAL  (Read 4126 times)

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
Operator Application - lLLEGAL
« on: June 28, 2011, 09:28:53 am »
Name: lLLEGAL (first letter is L, not I)
Timezone: GMT +8
Forum Join date: 27 June 2011
Current rank: Recruit (Building stuff now for builder, could be getting builder by end of next week- 7 days from today)
Reason for application: I have volunteered to be an operator as I frequently enter the guest world to check out the place and help people build stuff, but only to see the amazing structures created a few hours ago destroyed by griefers. There are Operators such as Raul7legend, clawstrider Xeadin and Grand_chill who are often online and they try to help by banning the griefers and promoting worthy people to recruits. However, I understand that they cannot be online 24/7, and there are points of time whereby there are totally no operators online. With the big world full of creations, it is difficult to track down all the griefers. I have caught a griefers once, destroying my house. I tried to report the griefer to the Operators, but none were online. What OptiCraft needs are more Operators that can help out at different times, and help promote worthy people to recruits.
Why you should become an operator: I am currently a recruit, and I understand how it feels to be ignored when I am trying to report a griefer, and when I want to show the Operators my house to prove myself. I will be able to help the people of OptiCraft Dev Server and allow the guests to have an enjoyable experience without having to worry about the griefers. Also, anyone who has created a structure and deserves to be promoted does not have to stand beside his/her strucure for fear of griefers destroying the strucure before the Operators come online. I have patience, so I will be able to give advice to new members on how to get promotions, help them fix their structures and inform them of the rules. I will also advice griefers not to grief anymore, but will ban them if they do not heed my advice.
Have you been temp-op before?: No
Extra information: Thanks to clawstrider, raul7legend, xeadin and grand_chill for making OptiCraft Dev Server a better place to build in, and for inspiring me to follow in your footsteps! :P I love helping others and am often helping new users who have just joined the server. This is my first server and I am already deeply rooted to the community, I abide by the rules. Hope I am given the chance to be an operator and serve the Opticraft Dev Server Community!

Edit: I just found an offensive structure in world 142 but there is no Operator online. I have also been helping the guests to better understand the rules and invited them to become members, and inform them of how to get promoted. Lastly, many of them were asking for Operators to check their buildings, and some of them which I saw were really impressive.
As I am often online at this time, I would definitely be able to help the guests and ensure that they have a good impression of Opticraft Dev Server!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:19:41 am by lLLEGAL »

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Operator Application - lLLEGAL
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 10:42:46 am »
Extra information: Thanks to clawstrider, raul7legend, xeadin and grand_chase for making OptiCraft Dev
None of us made the server
We just operate ;)

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:43:52 am »
Extra information: Thanks to clawstrider, raul7legend, xeadin and grand_chase for making OptiCraft Dev
None of us made the server
We just operate ;)

Its what you do that makes the server a better place to buld in :)

marshytheman

• No-special-tag-operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 05:42:46 pm »
oh lol.
In Soviet Russia you welcome the server!

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:25:17 pm »
Also, your server join date is essential.

To check it, type /stats ingame.

It will show you your first time logged on.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 12:18:30 pm »
Also, your server join date is essential.

To check it, type /stats ingame.

It will show you your first time logged on.

I checked, the date has been added to my application. Thanks for the advice.  :D

marshytheman

• No-special-tag-operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:43:51 pm »
Good luck, illegal!
In Soviet Russia you welcome the server!

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 05:29:16 am »
Good luck, illegal!
Thank you! You're actually the first to say that lol. Anyway, thanks!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:15:31 am by lLLEGAL »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 10:00:34 am »
I must say... this is a pretty well thought-out application. I would think that this would catch the admin's attention at one point or another. Upon reading this, I can see that your level of putting forth your full effort into helping others and getting a feel of this opportunity is outstanding. I couldn't have even done a better job myself :)  That is the level of maturity we look for. I think that this rank won't be much of a challenge to you, but it will still be a test nontheless.

You have my full support ;D

I am currently a recruit, and I understand how it feels to be ignored when I am trying to report a griefer, and when I want to show the Operators my house to prove myself.
It's not about your rank-- it's about the level of trust one shows in different situations and operators can't be in many places at once.

I will also advice griefers not to grief anymore, but will ban them if they do not heed my advice.
Almost every griefer will never listen to any operator, admin, or even the owner himself, so don't worry about informing them when you do join the team ;)  You should, however, pay attention to when and where the grief is happening. Get a feel of their disposition.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 10:13:38 am »
You have my full support ;D

Wow thanks!
I thought you didn't support my application  ;D Thank you very much!

I would think that this would catch the admin's attention at one point or another.
I think the title of the post itself would have caught many people's attention ^^

I am currently a recruit, and I understand how it feels to be ignored when I am trying to report a griefer, and when I want to show the Operators my house to prove myself.
It's not about your rank-- it's about the level of trust one shows in different situations and operators can't be in many places at once.

I meant when the Operators/Admins are not online... But yes, sometimes they are also busy. That's why we need more Operators!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:15:20 am by lLLEGAL »

lumpabi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 03:49:27 pm »
goodluck

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 12:59:15 am »
goodluck
Thanks!  :D
And goodluck for your application too!

-EDIT- If we are not placed on trial, does it mean we are rejected?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:43:14 am by lLLEGAL »

lumpabi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 09:21:12 am »
goodluck

Yes, If they dont put us on accepted. But thats will possibly never happend so yes. Then we are rejected

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 10:18:07 am »
goodluck

Yes, If they dont put us on accepted. But thats will possibly never happend so yes. Then we are rejected
Awww... I put in a lot of effort into my application and have been checking in regularly... Sigh... Oh well, thanks Lumpabi.  :'(

Sku11hax

• Tricked
    • View Profile
    • Youtube:)
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 12:56:48 am »
Aren't you applying for Builder like at the same time..?
Which one are you going to pick?
-"So how do I look?"
 -"Like one of the bad guys"