May 01, 2024, 09:38:56 pm

Author Topic: Ops being mature?  (Read 2465 times)

liquidcool24

• Bombs, you want it, it yours my friend!!!
    • View Profile
Ops being mature?
« on: May 13, 2011, 06:44:58 pm »
Today I was on the server and raul asked the builders if they wanted to know how to become an op in 3 steps. This led to a vulgar joke that was by no means funny and had nothing to do about becoming an op. I would of let it go... IF HE HADN'T PUT IT ON THE MAIN COMMENT BOARD. Right before I got off, I also saw him spam the comment bar with excessive language. Optical, according to YOUR OWN WORDS ops and admins are supposed to display a level of maturity... a level with I am certain Raul went way under. If what Raul did was ok, than I should be op by now. Optical, I urge you to look into this immediately!
I'm gonna be the best I can be!

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
Re: Ops being mature?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 07:02:33 pm »
only 1word was ever used by raul, that was 'dick', i believe that that is not against the rules?, they state that a user will be banned for excesive use of vulgar/swear words
1 word is'nt excesive, is it?
As for the 'maturity', there's nothing wrong with having a joke every now and then, im sure what he said couldnt have possibly insulted or affended anyone, they are only the lyrics to a song by justin timberlake

liquidcool24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 07:15:39 pm »
Raul spammed the S word several times, and it did offened ME.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 07:29:19 pm »
K dude just lettin you know giving orders to Optical and bitching ops work is NOT good at all if you really want to be a an op..

liquidcool24

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:33:47 pm »
K dude just lettin you know giving orders to Optical and bitching ops work is NOT good at all if you really want to be a an op..
I never gave orders to optical, I asked him to look into this. The point I'm trying to make is simple... ops are supposed to be mature, he wasn't being mature.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:39:09 pm »
s Optical, I urge you to look into this immediately!

This kinda looks like an order to me... maybe I dont understand the meaning of your sentence but w/e im just letting you know

And im not gonna start to argue with you whether it is or not. THAT would be immature.

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 07:39:29 pm »
Being mature is not the same as being dead serious...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 07:44:06 pm »
you see me joking all the time, but you think i wouldn't be good at opping?
not loosing your cool is what realy matters.

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

liquidcool24

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 07:55:50 pm »
you see me joking all the time, but you think i wouldn't be good at opping?
not loosing your cool is what realy matters.
But what I'm trying to say is what he was "joking" about was very inappropriate, there's several other things to joke about (*cough*the economy*cough*) and he just went over board.

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 07:59:18 pm »
We appreciate all the good work operators do with us, and we encourage them to have fun doing so, Jokes are of course welcome. One of my responsibilities as an admin is to investigate causes like this, which I did. I looked for this so called "immature act" I must say I found myself quite annoyed by the stupidity of this thread when I read the logs. I started reading from fifteen minutes before, till fifteen minutes after the occurrence. just to be sure of what has happened.

In Raul's joke, he referred To The Lonely Island's sketch "A dick in a box", which is a video which is referred to in jokes all over the internet, and unavoidable for most people. It was not vulgar, and he did not intend people to actually do this for increasing their chances at becoming an operator. Just like this is not the way to get unbanned, but only a joke. What I feel, is that you are trying to make yourself look better by dragging down those who are "better", which really contradicts what you are trying to tell, being more mature. If you would have been anything near it yourself, you would have looked over your post, pressed the "X" in the top right corner of your screen, and said to yourself: "I am glad I didn't post that! That would make me look stupid"

My conclusion is that the operator Rank has gone to your head, and you need a break, consider the three day ban I am giving you a opportunity to take the time to practice on thinking before posting.

liquidcool24

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 08:10:06 pm »
What I feel, is that you are trying to make yourself look better by dragging down those who are "better", which really contradicts what you are trying to tell, being more mature.
Never in a thousand years would I try pull someone down to make myself look bigger.

To The Lonely Island's sketch "A dick in a box", which is a video which is referred to in jokes all over the internet, and unavoidable for most people.
Well it avoided me. I'm sorry I didn't get the reference.

consider the three day ban I am giving you a opportunity to take the time to practice on thinking before posting.
Now what am I supposed to do over the weekend.

Sometimes, it seems like everybody points there guns at me...

morten2ela

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 08:16:35 pm »

Sometimes, it seems like everybody points there guns at me...

I would say Raul felt the same ; )

The_Pyrox_115

• Awesomeness To The Max!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 08:22:07 pm »
liquid even now and then i let something slip and say stuff that gets lols you just got to let it go
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Epic music here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP-f_qhK3D8

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 08:39:29 pm »
As long as I know I didn't do something wrong, I don't feel like people aim guns at me ;)

corourke70

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 08:47:01 pm »
I just think you're bitching too much. Curse words are almost by no means offensive on-less they are directed toward you. It was a little joke and i'm sure that you weren't offended, I am agreeing with Morten. This looks like you're trying to prove maturity almost in a way like Raiden did.

PS: Raiden still doesn't know what maturity is.