April 29, 2024, 02:32:15 pm

Author Topic: Operator Application - vegemite11  (Read 1794 times)

vegemite11

• View Profile
Operator Application - vegemite11
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:58:33 am »
I borked my old application up a bit... I thought this:
Here is an example of a mediocre application, yours must look better then this, especially the reason you want to become an operator
Meant the whole application had to be different. I'm sorry.

Name: vegemite11
Timezone: GMT + 10
Forum Join date: April 30, 2011, 07:15:41 am
Current rank: Recruit
Reason for application: Had several of my creations griefed. Like building (Helped Informer21 with his castle on Guest, built various signs and a plane). And like helping people (provided lava and water for newbies and helped rebuild their griefed structures)
Why you should become an operator: I like helping people, building and nabbing griefers. This server also needs more operators to be online to deal with the amount of griefers
Have you been temp-op before?: No. (I asked earlier to get the feel of being an op on a large server, but was denied)
Extra information: Though I'm not an operator, I go around the map and report griefing, inappropriate buildings (swatiskas, sexually orientated things, etc.) and I really want to be a part of the Opticraft team. If it helps, I am running for a Certificate II in Information Technology

If I don't make it, please let me know why!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 04:18:51 am by vegemite11 »

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
Re: Operator Application - vegemite11
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:08:40 am »
i need to point out that once you are rejected you cannot re-apply until the operator applications are closed then opened

Informer21

• View Profile
    • AirsoftEverything.com
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:39:58 am »
Well I Support this poster and his willingness to become an operator.  A+

Even though I am fairly new and don't have much say yet. I think he would be a great and tremendous addition to the operator team. He is very helpful not just with me, but also other new clients joining the server each day. He does in-fact help with reporting of the Nazi symbols and other obscene structures. He did in-fact build many and awesome structures and he is very mature for his age.

I usually don't like giving younger people power since they sometimes abuse the rights that are given to them, but with proper guidance and help he will do very well.

Well you now know my opinion on this application.

Thank you,

Joe

chancecarey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 11:47:10 am »

I usually don't like giving younger people power since they sometimes abuse the rights that are given to them, but with proper guidance and help he will do very well.

You assume that every child will abuse power once given, most of the team is around 18.
I'm twelve, if you haven't noticed.

Chance
Sorry am away:
Life threatened, moved to australia, on the move.  Check IP if you don't believe.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 02:09:20 pm »
He does in-fact help with reporting of the Nazi symbols and other obscene structures. He did in-fact build many and awesome structures

Sorry to be disagreeing with you but:
I was told by Raul that it is better to be a builder before helping the operators, as i was also doing the same, yet I was told it may be better to continue building before finding griefing and/or Nazi symbols.
Also, the "awesome structures," do not matter, as an operator should not really be building, just reviewing buildings, banning griefers and removing swasticas etc.
Sorry again, just my opinion
Claw

vegemite11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 07:51:40 am »
Thanks Informer!

To all: The reason why I  am re-submitting this application is because I misunderstood the guidelines for the operator application. I have apologized.

P.S. I am really sorry that I haven't been online recently, my internet connection exploded and it's only recently come back online

vegemite11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 10:09:08 am »
**eek! I had a bad spell...**
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:19:55 am by vegemite11 »

minecraftgirl007

• This MC account now belongs to Chay! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 02:35:22 am »
I agree let him be an op younger kids don't abuse their powers unless their immature but this guy is awesome let him be an op!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                                                                  ~Alex

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 11:03:55 pm »
Rejected.