April 25, 2024, 12:46:57 pm

Author Topic: Mumble server!  (Read 37853 times)

Lanac1

• OMG, its Mr. Trololo
    • View Profile
    • My webpage
Re: Mumble server!
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 05:12:09 pm »
Well, it seems its very deserted. 2 times i connected, 2 times no one is on.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 02:02:28 am »
We either need to arrange times to log into mumble or use another chat-system...

Maybe a skype group-call? Probably wouldn't work out either... but, it's just a hunch

If we are to use mumble (or any resource for that matter), we would have to agree on when to come on...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:04:05 am by Xeadin »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 04:05:10 am »
We either need to arrange times to log into mumble or use another chat-system...

Maybe a skype group-call? Probably wouldn't work out either... but, it's just a hunch

If we are to use mumble (or any resource for that matter), we would have to agree on when to come on...
Mumble is much easier to use than skype for talking. Plus you cant use push to talk on skype.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Pilot10334

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
    • CJP Dude on YouTube
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 12:54:10 pm »
oovoo can have up to 6 atleast

Lanac1

• OMG, its Mr. Trololo
    • View Profile
    • My webpage
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 12:55:48 pm »

Mumble is much easier to use than skype for talking. Plus you cant use push to talk on skype.
U can use it on mumble too. Atleast on ubuntu version of it. Click on configure mumble and there should be Audio input tab. In it change Transmit to Push to Talk. In configure mumble there is a Shortcuts tab too. Go in it and change Push to Talk function to a button that you will push to talk.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »
Re read my post.  :-\

Lanac1

• OMG, its Mr. Trololo
    • View Profile
    • My webpage
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 04:40:29 pm »
Oh. Im blind  ;D Sorry for me being dumb, Im sad cuz I have no friends near my current loaction on Earth.

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 07:38:34 am »
so its not optichostsserver?

Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2011, 07:46:42 am »
so its not optichostsserver?

I don't believe so...

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2011, 03:39:43 pm »
i still do not see why u don't use Ventrilo its super easy to download and its has push-to-talk along with voise activation. u can have multiple different channels for different projects, and u can hold I believe 100 people at once.

the ip adress/password/port is really easy to put in aswell.it can reach to several different contries aswell.

TY if u would look into it the link is here http://ventrilo.com/

i already have a channel that is rarely used but there is usually atleaed 3 people in the lobby.

here is the ip port and pass word in order from top to bottom.
after u input the ^ it will be saved in a log and u will never have to retype it in.

there may be a time where no one can be in it becuase the group may get back together and they may need the vent
makersofmischief.darkstarvent.com

i do not quite remember the password right now but when the server is back up i will give it to u
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2011, 09:32:17 pm »
i still do not see why u don't use Ventrilo its super easy to download and its has push-to-talk along with voise activation. u can have multiple different channels for different projects, and u can hold I believe 100 people at once.

the ip adress/password/port is really easy to put in aswell.it can reach to several different contries aswell.

TY if u would look into it the link is here http://ventrilo.com/

i already have a channel that is rarely used but there is usually atleaed 3 people in the lobby.

here is the ip port and pass word in order from top to bottom.
after u input the ^ it will be saved in a log and u will never have to retype it in.

there may be a time where no one can be in it becuase the group may get back together and they may need the vent
makersofmischief.darkstarvent.com

i do not quite remember the password right now but when the server is back up i will give it to u

Mumble does all that. It is also free and open source, has higher quality voice codecs, plugins for games, application attenutation, and much much more.

Vent is out dated and dying, there is no reason to use it anymore.

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 09:37:50 pm »
alright i'm sorry i was miss understood about the situation. my bad

corourke70

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2011, 07:31:29 pm »
I just got a headset so i tried to go on but I don't get it. I was online and it said three people were online. Guest #1, Guest #2, and Guest #3. Who are they?

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 07:42:41 pm »
I just got a headset so i tried to go on but I don't get it. I was online and it said three people were online. Guest #1, Guest #2, and Guest #3. Who are they?
um.....they were guests? you know, people that dont have a username? (just guessing here)  ;)
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 08:27:59 pm »
um.....they were guests? you know, people that dont have a username? (just guessing here)  ;)
Lol there are 3 guest channels,  Guest #1, Guest #2, and Guest #3. No one was on when you were on lol.