March 28, 2024, 08:54:21 pm

Author Topic: Suggestion Collection  (Read 9113 times)

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
Suggestion Collection
« on: December 28, 2017, 02:58:27 am »
Suggestion Collection

Hi, I've been suggesting new additions to the SMP server for a while using discord, so I decided to make a thread that collectively presents all of them:

Chair Plugin
This plugin allows the user to sit in a chair (or slab). A "chair" can be activated through possibly placing a sign either side of a stair, or by turning into a chair with a command. This could be a perk of higher ranks, or for everyone.

Coloured Signs
This could be either a donation perk or rank perk, but it's self explanatory, the user will be able to create signs that have coloured text on them.

Mob Heads
Mob heads could be dropped, with a very low chance, when a player kills a certain type of mob. This is possible by creating custom drops, and setting them to be custom heads that would be set to a certain mob type. (This maybe be difficult for mobs that don't have a head with a 1:1 ratio, but still possible).

Player Heads
When pvp is added, we could add something where there's a 1% chance that that player's head will drop, and this could be used as a trophy for killing certain players. It COULD also be 100%, depending on whether pvp is popular when it's added.

Player Particles
This could again be a donation or rank perk as it's purely cosmetic, and although I'm not sure whether this is particularly resource demanding, players could buy/unlock their own trails and that would appear around them in-game.

Custom Paintings
I've seen a plugin where you can find/create an image, and bring in-game by using maps. The maps would then be placed on item frames, and it creates a low-resolution (but still recognisable) version of the image you specified.

Sign Permissions
Having signs such as [Disposable] (you place items in it and it deletes them), [Warp], and [Heal] (couldn't be a donation perk, and not necessarily "game breaking", but you could unlock it at a high rank), would be another feature that would be could and enhance game-play slightly.

Mod Review System
This would consist of a discord channel and/or forum section where players can submit certain mods to the admins (such as a chest sorter plugin), and if they are deemed appropriate and don't give the player an advantage, then they can be added to an "allowed mods" list, or otherwise into a "banned mods" list.

Economy
An economy that is solely item based would maintain itself. For example, a non-farm-able item, for example iron ore, was sold at $1 per ore, then we would have an economy that couldn't be broken by huge farms, and if we don't allow any other item to be sold, then this would create an economy that would be fair for all players. Essentially, iron ore (or a similar item) would be the sole currency in opticraft, and therefore only players that really work for it by mining would succeed, and the economy would maintain itself.

Player Shops
There's a plugin called shopkeeper that allows a player to create a village. The player can then load the villager with items they want to sell, in return for other items. This means that players can set up their own stores with villagers selling different things, and they wouldn't need to be online for them to trade. This also adds to the self-maintaining economy, as it eliminates the need for an "admin created" shop. If something similar to this was implemented that would be cool.

Amplified World
This is a world that would be created for resources, so the current isn't completely stripped of it's resources. It would be reset possibly at the end of every month to allow resources to be replenished. It could have a smaller world border than the current one (2000x2000?).

Custom Spawners
There's a few options for this, we could sell spawner types (zombie, skeleton etc) for vote points, give access to /spawner, and each rank gets more and more mobs available, and also possibly add animal spawners (sheep, cow, pig, etc).

If you have any other suggestions that you want adding without making a thread, msg me or reply here.
Feel free to comment on the ones you'd like to see added, or the ones that you disagree one, and if possible reasons why.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:40:51 pm by Spyow »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion Collection
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 03:54:22 am »
Thanks for the feedback. I've added these to our ongoing list which will be reviewed in time.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 04:31:27 am »
Amplified World
This is a world that would be created for resources, so the current isn't completely stripped of it's resources. It would be reset possibly at the end of every month to allow resources to be replenished. It could have a smaller world border than the current one (2000x2000?).

I think that myself and a few other people had wanted an amplified world more for the sake of actually playing on amplified. Whether it's a hardcore pvp or just a seperate world is still being talked about. But I'm not sure a resource world is needed.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:56:44 am by clawstrider »

TrapA7X

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 06:36:31 am »
That chair plug-in is actually really interesting